Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No fix for the Texas energy grid, no money for rural hospitals or things Texans need, just pure culture war bullcrap.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No fix for the Texas energy grid, no money for rural hospitals or things Texans need, just pure culture war bullcrap.
    Abbot's "fix" for the energy grid is taxing wind and giving handouts to natural gas and coal.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a garbage government

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beto is exaggerating.

If GOP voter suppression works as designed in Texas and elsewhere, it won't be the end of democracy, it'll be a reversion to the historical norm.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    toothess, unenforced legislation, and a "pretty please" letter

Gov. Abbott releases letter of demands for PUC, ERCOT to improve power grid

The bills’ key focus was “weatherization,” requiring an upgrade to power generators and transmission lines to prepare for any “extreme weather” as well as a change in ERCOT’s governance.

Failure to adhere to the “weatherization” regulation, could result in

a fine up to $1 million, Texas electricity is $100Bs

“While these laws significantly reform Texas’ energy and electric power market, more can be done to increase power generation capacity and to ensure the reliability of the Texas power grid.”

Abbott goes on to say the following items are to be adopted immediately.

Below is a list of his demands:

• Streamline incentives within the ERCOT market to foster the development and maintenance of adequate and reliable sources of power, like natural gas, coal, and nuclear power.
    • Allocate reliability costs to generation resources that cannot guarantee their own availability, such as wind or solar power.
    • Instruct ERCOT to establish a maintenance schedule for natural gas, coal, nuclear, and other non-renewable electricity generators to ensure that there is always an adequate supply of power on the grid to maintain reliable electric service for all Texans.
    • Order ERCOT to accelerate the development of transmission projects that increase connectivity between existing or new dispatchable generation plants and arcas of need.

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/south-texas-el-paso/news/2021/07/06/gov--abbott-releases-letter-of-demands-for-puc--ercot-to-improve-power-grid
    te
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-08-2021 at 11:32 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ers

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ers

attacking the press, hiding the truth, pure fascist tactics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    attacking the press, hiding the truth, pure fascist tactics.
    Attacking the truth. Agreed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems walk out of the special session and presumably will leave the state to elude the long arm of the Sargeant at Arms.

Without a quorum, nothing can pass.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You threw down that gauntlet with LF's "glee in your eyes." Usually, always, without fail we leave it there bend over and take it like a trouper. Not now. Not since President Trump.

Uh, uh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    toothess, unenforced legislation, and a "pretty please" letter

Gov. Abbott releases letter of demands for PUC, ERCOT to improve power grid

The bills’ key focus was “weatherization,” requiring an upgrade to power generators and transmission lines to prepare for any “extreme weather” as well as a change in ERCOT’s governance.

Failure to adhere to the “weatherization” regulation, could result in

a fine up to $1 million, Texas electricity is $100Bs

“While these laws significantly reform Texas’ energy and electric power market, more can be done to increase power generation capacity and to ensure the reliability of the Texas power grid.”

Abbott goes on to say the following items are to be adopted immediately.

Below is a list of his demands:

• Streamline incentives within the ERCOT market to foster the development and maintenance of adequate and reliable sources of power, like natural gas, coal, and nuclear power.
    • Allocate reliability costs to generation resources that cannot guarantee their own availability, such as wind or solar power.
    • Instruct ERCOT to establish a maintenance schedule for natural gas, coal, nuclear, and other non-renewable electricity generators to ensure that there is always an adequate supply of power on the grid to maintain reliable electric service for all Texans.
    • Order ERCOT to accelerate the development of transmission projects that increase connectivity between existing or new dispatchable generation plants and arcas of need.

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/south-texas-el-paso/news/2021/07/06/gov--abbott-releases-letter-of-demands-for-puc--ercot-to-improve-power-grid
    te

So people can still freeze to death due to incompetence and $1M fine will square everything (at least for state as they keep the funds).

Guess backup plan for texans is to prepare for unscheduled trips to cancun in winter and leave pets to fend for themselves.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dems walk out of the special session and presumably will leave the state to elude the long arm of the Sargeant at Arms.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

None of this ever deserved any time much less a special session.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lege didn't take care of business in the regular, too bad about your special session.

why are Republicans so ty at governing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lege didn't take care of business in the regular, too bad about your special session.

why are Republicans so ty at governing?
    Ridiculous that democratically elected representatives have to flee the State under the threat of the Sergeant at Arms of arresting them and dragging them into Congress... that has to be uncons utional at the federal level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ridiculous that democratically elected representatives have to flee the State under the threat of the Sergeant at Arms of arresting them and dragging them into Congress... that has to be uncons utional at the federal level.
    didn't there used to be a jail underneath the US Congress?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didn't there used to be a jail underneath the US Congress?
    Not for representatives that didn't want to give quorum?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It’s always been that way. When he was majority leader Bob Byrd deployed the Sargent at Arms in the senate when the GOP tried to deny quorum.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The fact you need 2/3rds for quorum in Texas is stupid but glad the Dems in the state leg are pulling out all the stops against Governor Hotwheels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s always been that way. When he was majority leader Bob Byrd deployed the Sargent at Arms in the senate when the GOP tried to deny quorum.
    Its different though. I understand if you're inside Congress locked up in your office, the SaA definitely has the authority and jurisdiction to do that.

But outside the building? I mean having to flee the State? At what point it becomes false arrest, kidnapping, etc?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its different though. I understand if you're inside Congress locked up in your office, the SaA definitely has the authority and jurisdiction to do that.

But outside the building? I mean having to flee the State? At what point it becomes false arrest, kidnapping, etc?
    IIRC when this happened in 2003, DPS was deputized to facilitate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    handwaving, verbiage and the veto, and his fawning-feral minions, are Gov. Abbott's arsenal.

Last edited by Winehole23; 07-13-2021 at 01:14 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dade Phelan said he had a plan, what ever happened with that? I thought it was odd that Phelan would publicize the roadblock in the Senate beforehand.

Did he ever say anything after the Dems walked?

What was his plan?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dade Phelan said he had a plan, what ever happened with that? I thought it was odd that Phelan would publicize the roadblock in the Senate beforehand.

Did he ever say anything after the Dems walked?

What was his plan?
    Please. We're still waiting on mother er Biden's "plan," Winester. At least 224k of dead Americans don't have to wait for any longer. They're DOA, all 224k of 'em

Thread Information