Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless of what happens in the Senate in a couple weeks, it will be the last chance for the foreseeable future to ever have a majority in the Senate

The GOP is flipping 6-8+ seats in 2024. The Dems got very lucky that Obama was popular in 2012 and Trump was unpopular in 2018. That magic isn't going to last a third time.

You better bet your ass that Trump and/or DeSantis are going to have huge rallies in and awaken states like MT and WV and it'll be Harriet Hageman vs. Liz Cheney 2.0 there. NV's other seat flips (Rosen is a weak in bent), Ohio definitely flips when the Trump base exposes Sherrod Brown as a generic liberal straight ticket Schumer voter, PA and MI will be razor thin, Wisconsin will definitely flip when the Trump base awakens the public there that Tammy Baldwin is basically Elizabeth Warren west... Sinema's seat will be hotly contested. New Mexico could very well flip by then with current trends in the rural Hispanic vote. If Glenn Youngkin, lame duck Governor of Virginia, runs against Tim Kaine for VA Senate, then that race could be razor tight or even lean to Youngkin. Meanwhile the GOP has literally nothing to defend, the only task will be primarying out or retiring Mitt Romney and Ted Cruz and replacing them with good candidates there.

It's over for the Dems in the Senate after 2024. They'll never get a lefty scotus justice ever again.
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 10-18-2022 at 08:58 PM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You called Trump to win in 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You called Trump to win in 2020.
    yeah, 270-268. My map wasn't stupidly optimistic like Derp's for instance.

I did have Biden winning AZ for instance. Nobody could have predicted Georgia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, 270-268. My map wasn't stupidly optimistic like Derp's for instance.

I did have Biden winning AZ for instance. Nobody could have predicted Georgia
    So you were completely wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A massive red wave is assured. Democrats the bed and the proof is in the pudding with a presidential candidate like Tulsi Gabbard washing her hands clean. Aside from cheating, they have no chance in November.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A massive red wave is assured. Democrats the bed and the proof is in the pudding with a presidential candidate like Tulsi Gabbard washing her hands clean. Aside from cheating, they have no chance in November.
    "presidential candidate"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2020 presidential campaign of Tulsi Gabbard, the U.S. representative for Hawaii's 2nd congressional district, began on January 11, 2019. In January 2020, she was polling at about 1 to 2 percent.

"presidential candidate"

On March 19, 2020, Gabbard dropped out of the 2020 election and endorsed Joe Biden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you were completely wrong.
    No, I was off by MI and GA only I believe... IIRC I had Biden taking PA, AZ and (maybe) WI. I don't remember about WI actually. But 47 or 48 out of 50 states plus I had Biden carrying NE-02 and Trump carrying ME-02.

So hardly "completely wrong"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2020 presidential campaign of Tulsi Gabbard, the U.S. representative for Hawaii's 2nd congressional district, began on January 11, 2019. In January 2020, she was polling at about 1 to 2 percent.

"presidential candidate"

On March 19, 2020, Gabbard dropped out of the 2020 election and endorsed Joe Biden.
    So, was Kamala Harris a Presidential candidate?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, was Kamala Harris a Presidential candidate?
    Almost as laughable as Tulsi. Almost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For someone with hater level success on his predictions, you sure speak as if your word is the gospel or something

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also rofl at the trump base "awakening" they've been crying for 2 straight years now, they were never not "awoken" or whatever

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Lol if you predict someone will win and he loses, you were completely wrong. Winning and losing is a right or wrong determination.

If you predict the Spurs will beat the Lakers and they lose by 2 points, but the Spurs best shooter misses 3 free throws and the leading scorer only puts up 12 points, you don't say that you weren't completely wrong. Wtf?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I was off by MI and GA only I believe... IIRC I had Biden taking PA, AZ and (maybe) WI. I don't remember about WI actually. But 47 or 48 out of 50 states plus I had Biden carrying NE-02 and Trump carrying ME-02.

So hardly "completely wrong"
    No, completely wrong is correct. You had it at 270-268, and it was a landslide by Old Joe... It's ok, it happens.

I mean, I'm pretty confident the GOP will take the House, and we'll see what happens with the Senate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, completely wrong is correct. You had it at 270-268, and it was a landslide by Old Joe... It's ok, it happens.

I mean, I'm pretty confident the GOP will take the House, and we'll see what happens with the Senate.
    Was not a "landslide by old Joe" ..... none of the past several elections have been "landslides". Nothing since 1992. And 1992 was only made possible by Perot. You have to get 400+ ECV to win by a landslide.

the GOP will take the house, the question is it closer to 230 seats or closer to 250. The GOP has 49 senate seats in the bag, and the maximum potential is 55 and that's with Tiffany Smiley winning a longshot. Realistically the maximum potential is 54 and my prediction is 53 with Don Bolduc falling just short in NH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was not a "landslide by old Joe" ..... none of the past several elections have been "landslides". Nothing since 1992. And 1992 was only made possible by Perot. You have to get 400+ ECV to win by a landslide.
    306-232 is a pretty solid beatdown, tbh... certainly far away from 270-268.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Why does Andy discuss politics like he knows what he's talking about and isn't a complete moron?

270-268 Trump
    306-232 face ing
    "hardly wrong"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    306-232 is a pretty solid beatdown, tbh... certainly far away from 270-268.
    Why does Andy discuss politics like he knows what he's talking about and isn't a complete moron?

270-268 Trump
    306-232 face ing
    "hardly wrong"
    306-232 is the same exact margin from 2016. Nobody says Trump "beatdown" or "face ed" Hillary Clinton, tbh. It was a close election in both cases. Maybe not razor-thin like 2000 where a few hundred votes in New Hampshire literally decided the election regardless of the hanging chads in Florida. But still close and hard fought.

Obama over Romney '12 for example was a much more solid victory, but still not a landslide. Obama over McCain '08 was an even more solid victory and the largest of the generation, but still not a landslide. But both of those were much more comfortable than 2020 or 2016.

Reagan face ed an in bent Democrat president in '80, perhaps not ironically the one most similar to Biden in terms of economic and foreign/domestic policy, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    306-232 is the same exact margin from 2016. Nobody says Trump "beatdown" or "face ed" Hillary Clinton, tbh. It was a close election in both cases. Maybe not razor-thin like 2000 where a few hundred votes in New Hampshire literally decided the election regardless of the hanging chads in Florida. But still close and hard fought.

Obama over Romney '12 for example was a much more solid victory, but still not a landslide. Obama over McCain '08 was an even more solid victory and the largest of the generation, but still not a landslide. But both of those were much more comfortable than 2020 or 2016.

Reagan face ed an in bent Democrat president in '80, perhaps not ironically the one most similar to Biden in terms of economic and foreign/domestic policy, tbh.
    Trump won in a landslide back then, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mondale was a rout

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arguing over the semantics of "completely" to avoid admitting an error. . . .

Time to hop onto another account.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Hunting... did you get the phone call from Soros?

I've stops in Georgia, Ohio and Pennsylvania this time around...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    landslide? he wouldn't have won at all if WI/PA/MI didn't flip, by like 30k votes or so each.

Will Hunting... did you get the phone call from Soros?

I've stops in Georgia, Ohio and Pennsylvania this time around...
    Soros, Gates and Buffett can spend as many trillions as they want there, but it's like Colorado for the GOP... it's gone and not coming back.

sherrod brown is a sitting duck in there sort of like Cory Gardner leading up to the 2020 election

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver said the three states Trump won by less 100K votes total moved away from Hillary with Comey/Nunez finding emails on Huma's laptop 10 dayd before election, emails that were not even read but Comey knew he could Hillary again like he did in the summer

those 3 states gave Trump the EC.

Trump losing by PV by 3M was not a landslide

The anti-democratic Cons ution elected shrub and trash who put 5 of 6 the christo fascists on SCOTUS
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-19-2022 at 06:20 PM.

Thread Information