Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jamaican authorities have arrested a former Haitian senator who was a key suspect in the murder of Haitian President Jovenel Moise in July, Jamaican national police have said.

Jamaica Constabulary Force spokesman Dennis Brooks told the Reuters news agency that John Joel Joseph, a well-known Haitian politician named by the authorities as a suspect in Moise’s killing, was arrested by the authorities on Friday.
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...eaders-killing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a call for US military intervention in the WaPo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a curious new twist to the investigation into the murder of the president of Haiti last July, the Justice Department has asked a court in Miami to impose special security measures to protect classified information from becoming public in the case of one of the men accused of participating in the alleged assassination plot last July.

In a court filing, the prosecutor asked the judge to appoint a ‘Classified Information Security Officer’ in its case against Mario Palacios, a former Colombian soldier who was arrested after the assassination.

The request, which was granted by the judge, appears to confirm su ions regarding some still unclear link between the assassination of president Jovenel Moise and the actions of U.S. government intelligence agents or informants. The court do ents do not explain in detail why the protective measure is necessary, or what kind of evidence it might refer to.

“The government is pretty much telegraphing CIA involvement,” said Mike Vigil, the former head of operations for the DEA in the Caribbean.

https://www.univision.com/univision-...nt-moise-haiti

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now, fearing that the humanitarian crisis engulfing Haiti could spur mass migration to the United States and elsewhere, some top Biden administration officials are pushing to send a multinational armed force to the country, several current and former officials say, after the Haitian government made an appeal for such an intervention last month.

But the United States doesn’t want its own troops included in that force, even though officials fear that the tumult in Haiti will send an even bigger wave of migrants to American shores.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/29/w...ervention.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Federal agents on Tuesday arrested the owners of a South Florida security company with ties to the assassination of Haiti’s former president, according to one of their lawyers, the latest step in an investigation that has implicated several American citizens.

The suspects, Antonio Intriago, a Venezuelan-American businessman, and Arcángel Pretel Ortiz, a Colombian American citizen, were detained in South Florida and were expected to appear in court later on Tuesday, a lawyer for Mr. Intriago said.

Their company, CTU Security, based in Doral, Florida, recruited some 20 former Colombian soldiers who helped storm the home of the Haitian president, Jovenel Moïse, the night of his assassination in July 2021. Lawyers for Mr. Intriago previously admitted that CTU recruited the men.

“I can confirm that Intriago was arrested this morning and has been in Miami for the course of the investigation,” Joseph Tesmond, Mr. Intriago’s lawyer, said. “He intends to enter a not guilty plea at his bond hearing this afternoon.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/14/w...americans.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information