View Poll Results: Your 2021 NBA Finals MVP?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • #3 Christ Paul - Distributing, Scoring, and Leadership

3 75.00%
  • #1 Devin Booker - Scoring and Explosiveness

1 25.00%
  • #22 DeAndre Ayton - Defense, Boards and Paint Domination

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP FG: 56.4
    Booker: 43.5

If that gap doesn't significantly narrow, it's CP all day.

Media don't give a sh** about rebounding and defense unless a dude doing something historic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP FG: 56.4
    Booker: 43.5

If that gap doesn't significantly narrow, it's CP all day.

Media don't give a sh** about rebounding and defense unless a dude doing something historic
    Plus DeAndre don't shoot THREEEEEEEEEE33333333EEEEEEZZZZZZ!!!!! Why again was he picked #1 overall then?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that JesusChrist Paul is the FMVP and long awaited.

CP3 >>>> Nash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that JesusChrist Paul is the FMVP and long awaited.

CP3 >>>> Nash
    He's always been better than Nash but what sours me on Paul are his dirty moves from time to time like tripping, kicking, fake fouls, etc... Such a great player who still resorts to bs play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's always been better than Nash but what sours me on Paul are his dirty moves from time to time like tripping, kicking, fake fouls, etc... Such a great player who still resorts to bs play.
    & Nash didn't? Does he get a pass because he's white and woke, tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    & Nash didn't? Does he get a pass because he's white and woke, tbh?
    How stupid...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You put Nash for CP on these Suns, they're still where they are. CP ain't proving he's better than Nash; let's stop with that, tbh.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You put Nash for CP on these Suns, they're still where they are. CP ain't proving he's better than Nash; let's stop with that, tbh.
    He was all ready to make that leap when Horry hip checked him like in the roller derby.

I was so happy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was all ready to make that leap when Horry hip checked him like in the roller derby.

I was so happy.
    But. That made it::::

Duncan: 4

Kobe: 3

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But. That made it::::

Duncan: 4

Kobe: 3
    At that point in the life I didn't mind. Wasn't that in the aftermath of (the rape) and we were just in the gloaming at that point? We didn't know whether to , or, go blind. Old man Buss was in a funk, Kobe was in a funk---just grateful to be on the other side of the walls. I wasn't in Championship mode for the Lakers, I was in Championship mode to keep the Suns from becoming Champion. You guys were there for me. I was very susceptible that season, very vulnerable, I was in a state of shock over (the rape), then the Suns rise up and my innards got energized, the old hate came to a nice boil and I was able to function on the crest of that hatred.

Slowly Kobe got his dauber back, we went on, I recovered, you a Miami bed, rebounded a bit with Leonard, life keeps moving forward.

But in the end you guys staved off the Suns Championship breakout for a good while. & I thanked ya's at the time, profusely.

We've had good times, MM. Fantastic times, both winning and losing. Regrettably it's went by too quick as it's apt to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks in this weird year might come back then this debates shifts to who has been best player / Giannis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At that point in the life I didn't mind. Wasn't that in the aftermath of (the rape) and we were just in the gloaming at that point? We didn't know whether to , or, go blind. Old man Buss was in a funk, Kobe was in a funk---just grateful to be on the other side of the walls. I wasn't in Championship mode for the Lakers, I was in Championship mode to keep the Suns from becoming Champion. You guys were there for me. I was very susceptible that season, very vulnerable, I was in a state of shock over (the rape), then the Suns rise up and my innards got energized, the old hate came to a nice boil and I was able to function on the crest of that hatred.

Slowly Kobe got his dauber back, we went on, I recovered, you a Miami bed, rebounded a bit with Leonard, life keeps moving forward.

But in the end you guys staved off the Suns Championship breakout for a good while. & I thanked ya's at the time, profusely.

We've had good times, MM. Fantastic times, both winning and losing. Regrettably it's went by too quick as it's apt to do.
    I would argue that Kobe never "lost his dauber" from 2005-2008. He just had a poor supporting cast.

The biggest obstacle to the Suns that year were David Stern's beloved Mavericks, but the Nellie We Believe Warriors (much more likeable than the 2015-2019 variety) staged the greatest upset in NBA history, doing it 5 on 8 no less with the refs firmly in Derp Nowinzki's lap that year. Which left almost nothing between the Suns and an NBA le. But Stern would not let the Suns win it in '07, come or high water. Bowen could rough up whoever, Horry for Amare AND Boris Diaw was the most lopsided suspension of all time and a bogus one at that. David Stern was the real NBA champion that year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If CP3 gets hurt (I figure the odds are about 70:30 he does), and the Suns still win, Booker will be the reason. If the Suns lose for whatever reason, Middleton and Giannis will be fighting each other for it.

But if the Suns win and CP3 is intact, just the story alone will get him the MVP if he is anywhere close.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Those Suns would've been champions in many other years, tbh.

Also, I was watching a video about how they could've been multi winners if they had held onto Joe Johnson longer. Tragic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those Suns would've been champions in many other years, tbh.

Also, I was watching a video about how they could've been multi winners if they had held onto Joe Johnson longer. Tragic.
    yeah, JJ was a classic 90s style iso scorer and never really had a great efficiency rating after he left Phoenix. But in that system with Amare and all those shooters he would have balled out. He was really the Suns' only other option than Nash for creating offense and after JJ left, it put even more burden on Nash's back to do everything to keep the Suns afloat.

The Marion for Shaq trade was the death knell, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3

Booker is just a glorified Kobe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do have Chris Paul ranked higher than Nash, mainly because he's a two-way player. Paul led the league in steals 6 times, while Nash is one of the worst defenders ever. Paul also had more All-NBA selections.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do have Chris Paul ranked higher than Nash, mainly because he's a two-way player. Paul led the league in steals 6 times, while Nash is one of the worst defenders ever. Paul also had more All-NBA selections.
    Do you have CP ranked ahead of Curry? Because that is what Nash would be in today's NBA. Except probably a better version of him.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    CP all day long. Not even close.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    CP is more complete than Nash was in terms of leader and also just scoring, albeit Nash never had a backcourt scoring threat like Booker to take pressure off of him.

CP is finals MVP at this point imo.

I like Ayton being included in the poll. I never in a million years thought he’d develop into an elite defensive anchor the way he has, it’s a total 180 from his year at UofA where he was a huge defensive liability.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I would argue that Kobe never "lost his dauber" from 2005-2008. He just had a poor supporting cast.

The biggest obstacle to the Suns that year were David Stern's beloved Mavericks, but the Nellie We Believe Warriors (much more likeable than the 2015-2019 variety) staged the greatest upset in NBA history, doing it 5 on 8 no less with the refs firmly in Derp Nowinzki's lap that year. Which left almost nothing between the Suns and an NBA le. But Stern would not let the Suns win it in '07, come or high water. Bowen could rough up whoever, Horry for Amare AND Boris Diaw was the most lopsided suspension of all time and a bogus one at that. David Stern was the real NBA champion that year.
    Mavs didn't really own the Suns tbh. They beat them in 06 but Amare was injured. I think the Suns actually split with them in their 67 win 2006-07 season. Would've been a tough series for Dallas imo

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I think all three are viable at the moment depending what happens the rest of the he way. But I agree CP3 is in the catbird seat. I don’t think he’s a lock by any means. ONLy if the rest of the series goes as the first two games, he’d be my bet for MVP.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't make sense to talk Finals MVP at 2-0. Middleton might start showing up at home and actually make this a long series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't make sense to talk Finals MVP at 2-0. Middleton might start showing up at home and actually make this a long series.
    If Jrue keeps up his defense and just goes like 17 and 7 on 50% shooting rest of the way the Bucks have a great chance still. Really rooting for him as he's one of my favorite non-Spurs but he's been struggling so hard on offense

Thread Information