Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Selfish isn’t the word I would use. More like, individualistic. There’s greater emphasis on the individual and less on the collective.
    yup, and tbh I didn’t mean to sound harsh. I dont blame them for being less motivated to represent this country after all the division that’s happened the past year or so

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup, and tbh I didn’t mean to sound harsh. I dont blame them for being less motivated to represent this country after all the division that’s happened the past year or so
    , I'd never play in the Olympics if I was an NBA star. Maybe as a borderline all-star if it got me some high dollar endorsements, but otherwise naw. Not after seeing how the ty olympics ended David Robinson's prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Statistically he's a little below average for an NBA player. Eye test agrees.
    His role in the second half of the year was just run and wait on the corner 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LETS GOOOOOOO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really excited for Keldon, I think it will help him with his growth as a player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KJ is a fun player to watch develop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LETS GOOOOOOO
    Helping him how to get to a super team.
    Except for LaVine. That dude is just a recruiter.

I kid! I think...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, but Pop likes to "spread the floor" and you can't do that in NCAA/FIBA due to the short 3-point line. A zone defense can pack it in and still defend the three.

Put Trae on the court and they have to come way out -- then, with his phenomenal passing skills, the whole offense opens up.
    Unless they were playing FIBA exhibitions on a non FIBA court, the 3 point line is the same. The FIBA court has changed over the years. Remember the trapezoidal lane?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thrilled for KJ.

Selfish Spurs question here:

Anybody concerned that the Olympic commitment may cause Keldon’s development to plateau this year?
    or
    Do you think competing against some of the best players in the world on the daily will have the inverse effect?

One thing is for sure, Spurs may be the only mediocre team in league history where snubbed stars gear up every game to play us
    Trae and Ja are going to give us both barrels.
    Keldon's a role-player, so him having to play in a tournament where he's not being encouraged to dribble-drive or create will help him. Not all development is toward being a one-on-one offensive star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon's a role-player, so him having to play in a tournament where he's not being encouraged to dribble-drive or create will help him. Not all development is toward being a one-on-one offensive star.
    When was this even mentioned?

Just want KJ to develop into a more well rounded player focusing specifically on an in-between game, 3pt shooting and Defensive Awareness.

Hard to focus on individual skill development under the constant pressure of essentially every game being a must-win.

I'm not writing him off on becoming a star, though he certainly is a role player atm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nice hook shot and assist by KJ in this practice video.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LETS GOOOOOOO
    Damn we could see a morphed version of those 3, offense, defense and highlights, in Keldon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When was this even mentioned?

Just want KJ to develop into a more well rounded player focusing specifically on an in-between game, 3pt shooting and Defensive Awareness.

Hard to focus on individual skill development under the constant pressure of essentially every game being a must-win.

I'm not writing him off on becoming a star, though he certainly is a role player atm.
    It's easier to develop as a role-player in a situation where you're unquestionably one versus in a system that's desperately looking for a star.

As far as when him being this offensive star was mentioned, you do know what his "church" thread is called, right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s going to benefit a ton by being around those guys. And while he probably doesn’t play much, having some role players sprinkled in that do certain things well and complement stars is probably good for Team USA’s outlook. On most national teams, Keldon is one of their better rotation players.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/RealTomPetrini/status/1416092333058183175

As a lot of posters have already pointed out, Big Body has confirmed that he is taller than his listed 6’5 height.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is a bit of interesting coverage from the Athletics:

"Friday morning, Johnson went into the team room at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, where Team USA is staying, and Popovich asked Johnson, “Did your life change a little?” Johnson’s reply was, “What are you talking about?” because he doesn’t have Twitter. He hadn’t seen the various media reports that he was replacing Beal...

Johnson said he has several close family members and friends who have served or are serving in the U.S. military. When he told his parents, Roc e and Chris Johnson, about being an Olympian, “my mom cried, my dad was choking up a little bit, everybody was like, because you know you pray for moments like this … it was a special moment.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is a bit of interesting coverage from the Athletics:

"Friday morning, Johnson went into the team room at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, where Team USA is staying, and Popovich asked Johnson, “Did your life change a little?” Johnson’s reply was, “What are you talking about?” because he doesn’t have Twitter. He hadn’t seen the various media reports that he was replacing Beal...

Johnson said he has several close family members and friends who have served or are serving in the U.S. military. When he told his parents, Roc e and Chris Johnson, about being an Olympian, “my mom cried, my dad was choking up a little bit, everybody was like, because you know you pray for moments like this … it was a special moment.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon will be a star soon enough. I thought Lonnie would have a better trajectory but he just doesn't seem to have that fire like Keldon does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get DDR out of the way and watch the young samplings grow

Hopefully

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get DDR out of the way and watch the young samplings grow

Hopefully
    Then need to learn to dribble a basketball first.

I'm only halfway being flippant. Outside of Denar and Derrick, the rest of the team struggles with their handles.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. Keldon tore it up against Spain: 15 points on 7-9 shooting including the only 3 he took. 3 boards, 2 steals, a damn nice block all in 17 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am happy for Keldon and Spurs fans. I was thinking with the physicality of FIBA he would actually be a good fit. On the other hand, I did not watch the game, should I be concerned he fouled out in 17 minutes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. Keldon tore it up against Spain: 15 points on 7-9 shooting including the only 3 he took. 3 boards, 2 steals, a damn nice block all in 17 minutes.
    He was the catalyst. He came in, and scored 10 in the 3rd, and the US went on a big run to open up the lead. I think he also hit the first 3 for the US, and Dame and KD followed the next 2 possessions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched the game, and Keldon was easily the best player on the court. He's basically the only guy other than Lavine who's willing to cut to the basket, screen, fight for loose balls and do the dirty work. Draymond tries, but he looked anything but great last night. The USA was getting took last night before Keldon did his 3rd quarter magic. Durant and Lillard just weren't very good against Spain, IMO. They were both shot clock killers, and everyone would just stand around and watch whenever one of them had the ball. ISO ball might kill this team.

Seeing Pau out there manhandling our post players was pretty sad. We have no size or ability to play old-school post-up basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow do we have our star player?

Keldon is only 21 and on his 1st game with team USA is the second highest scorer on a team full of Stars!

Granted most of his point came from assists but if anything this solidifies that he can be a strong second option on a really good team.
    Last edited by SpurSpike; 07-19-2021 at 11:25 AM.

Thread Information