Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “shopped” means that the Spurs are making the calls. I believe other teams are calling them, and while not being outright shut down, the Spurs are asking a very high price.

correct.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before he takes it down:

"Rumors can be true and rumors can be false. I'm just thankful and grateful for the highs, the lows, the blessings, the lessons, the setbacks, the comebacks, the LOVE and the HATE! 100! This is all hard work and dedication fasho! #DM5"

Not sure what to take away from that...

Is he saying it's true or is he saying it's false?

Photos are in the Spurs gym, so maybe not?

His words are surprisingly mature, which is why I'm leaning towards no...

But I'm obviously just speculating because it's fun...
    Definitely a "nothing-burger" kind of post, just to address the issue (and capitalize on it, guy ain't wearing that NB for free). Obviously no trade has materialized so far so it's not like DJ would know anything either way... Also, I too was a bit surprised with his wording on the post (), he usually doesn't sound so well-structured (and didn't he always capitalize Every Starting Letter Of Every Word Too?).

Maybe he's finally famous/popular/well-repped enough to get ghost writers lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan went 6-39 from 3 in February, March, April and May.
    He went 1-16 in March through May.

Just got to get rid of him and these young guards and swingmen will put up better numbers without DeRozan dominating the ball. I think what I'm getting at is I can stomach any of the shooting woes from the 2016-2020 draft picks when we've seen what the offensive anchor did these last two wretched seasons.
    I just hope that DJ doesn’t become a Demar DeRozan. I mean shooting 9% from 3 is like you said very Demar like. Can DJ actually learn to shoot 3s? How much longer do we give him? He has a midrange game but without the 3 ball he will be limited on what he can do offensively as a number 1 player. He becomes very easy to game plan for if he doesn’t just start taking and making these shots. Personally, I don’t believe he will ever become a 3 point shooter and we should trade him now while his value is high. But waiting a year might be better too when he will get more shots and put up a higher ppg. Teams love guys who score 20 ppg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ), he usually doesn't sound so well-structured (and didn't he always capitalize Every Starting Letter Of Every Word Too?).

Maybe he's finally famous/popular/well-repped enough to get ghost writers lmao
    But He Did Capitalize Every Letter In The Actual Post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does NB not make underwear?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does NB not make underwear?

Or socks apparently

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But He Did Capitalize Every Letter In The Actual Post
    yeah, I wasn’t going to put the effort of capitalizing every word for my sanity

by maturity, I meant he didn’t partake in too much slander like he has done in the past Sugus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope that DJ doesn’t become a Demar DeRozan. I mean shooting 9% from 3 is like you said very Demar like. Can DJ actually learn to shoot 3s? How much longer do we give him? He has a midrange game but without the 3 ball he will be limited on what he can do offensively as a number 1 player. He becomes very easy to game plan for if he doesn’t just start taking and making these shots. Personally, I don’t believe he will ever become a 3 point shooter and we should trade him now while his value is high. But waiting a year might be better too when he will get more shots and put up a higher ppg. Teams love guys who score 20 ppg.
    Tony Parker was shooting low 30's and even 20's 3pt percentage early on in his career, but was in the 40's percentage in the beautiful games 2013-14. The beautiful game finds and gives better 3 pt percentage.

I think DJ has better shooting forms than TP. They just have to keep on moving the ball, hard crisp pass, especially in a team that doesn't have a lot of "great" individual talents.

They haven't been good at it because of personnel (new vs veteran players who knows how to win), plus exacerbated by luck of practice time together. Then finally suc bing to ISO plays to try to win games and not trusting the system.

I like DJ (and White) because they're long and can rim run and push the tempo (of course I agree nobody is untouchable in this current roster). I think DJ has the burning desire to be a star, and that's why I like him.

Spurs need players who are willing to pass, and able to hit open shots when available (vs Demar refusing to hit the open 3's). I wander how Demar would perform in a beautiful game when it's a catch and shoot, great look 3's?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    personally, i hope DJ is still on the roster at the start of the year. if we lose white, i'd only be okay with it if it meant it was part of a big time FA acquisition and i think this is highly unlikely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt either of these guys are going anywhere. But if one goes, it's probably White because he is older by a little.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker was shooting low 30's and even 20's 3pt percentage early on in his career, but was in the 40's percentage in the beautiful games 2013-14. The beautiful game finds and gives better 3 pt percentage.

I think DJ has better shooting forms than TP. They just have to keep on moving the ball, hard crisp pass, especially in a team that doesn't have a lot of "great" individual talents.

They haven't been good at it because of personnel (new vs veteran players who knows how to win), plus exacerbated by luck of practice time together. Then finally suc bing to ISO plays to try to win games and not trusting the system.

I like DJ (and White) because they're long and can rim run and push the tempo (of course I agree nobody is untouchable in this current roster). I think DJ has the burning desire to be a star, and that's why I like him.

Spurs need players who are willing to pass, and able to hit open shots when available (vs Demar refusing to hit the open 3's). I wander how Demar would perform in a beautiful game when it's a catch and shoot, great look 3's?
    l

No offense but that’s a terrible comparison. Tony Parker had elite handles and elite speed. He was literally the fastest player in the NBA with the ball in his hands, could get to the rim at will against literally anybody and was a one man fast break. This allowed him to be a poor 3 point shooter bc having a midrange game was enough for him to score consistently at a high rate. You either ducked under the screen and he got to his spot or you put the big man on him and he got to the rim. Dejounte is none of these things and play’s literally nothing like Tony Parker.

The beautiful game relied on Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili being able to take their man off the dribble on a pick n roll and have the defense collapses on them. Manu was such a fantastic passer that he didn’t even have to be that fast for it to work while Tony was so blazing fast and such a great passer in traffic around the paint that it made up for the fact that he wasn’t an elite passer. DJ is a horrible passer. He can’t get to the rim consistently enough, isn’t crafty like Manu and fast like Tony. Derrick White fits this mold better than DJ simply bc he is crafty and he is a good passer.

When Demar came into the league he was basically DJ. So ting on him isn’t going to work. Bc he didn’t have much of a handle, he wasn’t a high prospect, his jumper was trash, yet he was an athlete. Dejounte also doesn’t take wide open 3s so I don’t see where he even fits in the beautiful game. He doesn’t create open 3s consistently enough to initiate the beautiful game and he doesn’t make open 3s enough to be the beneficiary of others creating for him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    l

No offense but that’s a terrible comparison. Tony Parker had elite handles and elite speed. He was literally the fastest player in the NBA with the ball in his hands, could get to the rim at will against literally anybody and was a one man fast break. This allowed him to be a poor 3 point shooter bc having a midrange game was enough for him to score consistently at a high rate. You either ducked under the screen and he got to his spot or you put the big man on him and he got to the rim. Dejounte is none of these things and play’s literally nothing like Tony Parker.

The beautiful game relied on Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili being able to take their man off the dribble on a pick n roll and have the defense collapses on them. Manu was such a fantastic passer that he didn’t even have to be that fast for it to work while Tony was so blazing fast and such a great passer in traffic around the paint that it made up for the fact that he wasn’t an elite passer. DJ is a horrible passer. He can’t get to the rim consistently enough, isn’t crafty like Manu and fast like Tony. Derrick White fits this mold better than DJ simply bc he is crafty and he is a good passer.

When Demar came into the league he was basically DJ. So ting on him isn’t going to work. Bc he didn’t have much of a handle, he wasn’t a high prospect, his jumper was trash, yet he was an athlete. Dejounte also doesn’t take wide open 3s so I don’t see where he even fits in the beautiful game. He doesn’t create open 3s consistently enough to initiate the beautiful game and he doesn’t make open 3s enough to be the beneficiary of others creating for him
    But the point is how to increase that 3pt percentage, particularly of DJ. I noted that TP was not a good 3pt shooter early on in his career, shooting even in 20's. BUT the beautiful game elevated ALL their 3pt percentage.

People were able to catch and shoot with the beautiful game. Finding great wide-open looks, instead of contested or having to create your own shot.

Patty Mills' percentage also suffered the last few years, coz he was relied on to facilitate, instead of catch and shoot.

And with the lack of "great" individual talent of this roster, it is even more critical for them to move the ball, make hard cuts to the basket, motion offense.

I'm saying DJ has better shooting form than TP, and can definitely elevate his 3pt percentage.

It's not easy, it takes a lot of practice time together, to memorize the plays that took several seasons for players in the past to get a grip on. I'm not sure if the present roster is capable, or it would easily break and goes back to ISO when they start fumbling the ball and gets behind. Personally I have doubts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the point is how to increase that 3pt percentage, particularly of DJ. I noted that TP was not a good 3pt shooter early on in his career, shooting even in 20's. BUT the beautiful game elevated ALL their 3pt percentage.

People were able to catch and shoot with the beautiful game. Finding great wide-open looks, instead of contested or having to create your own shot.

Patty Mills' percentage also suffered the last few years, coz he was relied on to facilitate, instead of catch and shoot.

And with the lack of "great" individual talent of this roster, it is even more critical for them to move the ball, make hard cuts to the basket, motion offense.

I'm saying DJ has better shooting form than TP, and can definitely elevate his 3pt percentage.

It's not easy, it takes a lot of practice time together, to memorize the plays that took several seasons for players in the past to get a grip on. I'm not sure if the present roster is capable, or it would easily break and goes back to ISO when they start fumbling the ball and gets behind. Personally I have doubts.
    Yes but him and Manu were the ones who made the beautiful game possible. Saying that beautiful game raised his 3 point percentage doesn’t take away from the fact that we haven’t been able to play the beautiful game once him and Maun retired. Without TP or Manu there is no beautiful game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the right offer, any player on a non-playoff team is probably available. Otherwise you just keep the same team and don't change your course.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the right offer, any player on a non-playoff team is probably available. Otherwise you just keep the same team and don't change your course.
    This is the likely outcome for the Spurs this year.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The endowment effect is real. Teams, by and large, value a player they already have far more than an equivalent player they don't have.

There is something to be said for continuity and loyalty to players, but the endowment effect is recognized for a reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The endowment effect is real. Teams, by and large, value a player they already have far more than an equivalent player they don't have.

There is something to be said for continuity and loyalty to players, but the endowment effect is recognized for a reason.
    We all know the Spurs value that continuity. The Spurs seem to be the least risk-taking group in the league when it comes to trades, and it seems like most potential trade partners have avoided San Antonio the last few years.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be a crime against humanity to trade the best player on the team. White can go though.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have traded for him. I had threads at the time before the draft saying the spurs needed to move up in a trade and draft him.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all know the Spurs value that continuity. The Spurs seem to be the least risk-taking group in the league when it comes to trades, and it seems like most potential trade partners have avoided San Antonio the last few years.
    Poor management to be the least risk- taking team in the league.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree with this 100%.

I also feel that it is the complete opposite for a great deal of (not all) fans when you scour online forums - in that they greatly overvalue players on other teams, while they underrate some of the players on their own team (especially when their contracts are figured in).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am convinced more each year that Sam Presti was actually the better GM especially when it came to trades. I think he also had a few good picks that he pushed for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Notice he's not in any Spurs gear like usual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am convinced more each year that Sam Presti was actually the better GM especially when it came to trades. I think he also had a few good picks that he pushed for.
    James Harden has entered the chat…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Notice he's not in any Spurs gear like usual.
    He’s in NB gear, which he endorses. He’s also IN the Spurs practice facility.

Thread Information