Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all know the Spurs value that continuity. The Spurs seem to be the least risk-taking group in the league when it comes to trades, and it seems like most potential trade partners have avoided San Antonio the last few years.
    In the past it’s because of continuity and learning Pop’s intricate system, which in the past took new players a whole season to learn. But I honestly don’t see it the last two seasons, but heavy Demar/DJ ISO and high screens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all know the Spurs value that continuity. The Spurs seem to be the least risk-taking group in the league when it comes to trades, and it seems like most potential trade partners have avoided San Antonio the last few years.
    Continuity makes sense when you have Timmy, Manu, & Tony... but with this team? I just don't see it. They need talent more than continuity.

Milwaukee added Jrue, Phoenix added CP3, Brooklyn added Harden to an already newly constructed team, and the Clippers as configured have only been together for two seasons. Last year's final teams-- the Lakers and the Heat-- had newly added key members. Continuity is a concept for successful teams, not teams that limp meekly into the 10th spot.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James Harden has entered the chat…
    Better then what we got for Kawhi.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope they trade Lonnie so the kid can reach his full potential and can stop being a pass out option for Fatty Mills and Rudy's corpse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny that this 'news' comes from Zach Harper

Of course the 'news' is absurd and obvious. Spurs willing to trade non-franchise players who don't even command max money for the right offer? Wow!

But it's fitting that' it's Harper who is an un-seriious 'jokey' style media person. He's not Zach Lowe, he has no sources. He gets by by making quips and trying to be one of those 'funny' NBA media people.

But because no one looks to him for serious news or commentary, he knows he has to trawl the ignored underserved fanbases to get any attention. Nobody serious gives a damn about reporting on the Spurs, so there's an avenue for cheap attention by quipsters. It's a living, I guess.
    knocked it right out the park with your response !!!! I was literally going to post the same thing you did but you worded it so eloquently that I had to give you a thumbs up and your props in writing!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO one of them White or Murray are going to be packaged with Derozan in a trade. More than likely a west coast team, preferably Golden State. Something like Derozan, White, and Poetl for Wiggins, Wiseman, and 7th.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO one of them White or Murray are going to be packaged with Derozan in a trade. More than likely a west coast team, preferably Golden State. Something like Derozan, White, and Poetl for Wiggins, Wiseman, and 7th.
    I didn't think you could package other players with a player being signed and traded. So DDR would be traded for Wiggins. White and Poeltl combine for salary of just under 25 million. Wiseman around 9m. I think these players swapping like you indicate would be a great deal for GS chances of competing for another championship and really fast tracks the Spurs reboot basically giving up White. I really like Poeltl and think he is one of the great values in the NBA, but I don't think anyone thinks he will be a difference maker for the Spurs. I just don't see how it works and GS just doesn't have filler to even it out. Looney is on the books for 5 million, but everyone else is under 3 million besides Steph, Klay, and Donkey. Maybe Oubre can be part of a S&T for White if the Spurs think he could be part of their future and Oubre was so inclined. Big IFS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can package players under contract with S&T'd players. That's not an issue. The issues are:

A) You can't agree to an S&T deal before the moratorium. So you can't include picks. You can't even wink-wink it or use the rights of the drafted players to get around it. It's a clear violation of the CBA and "doesn't happen all the time", before someone cartwheels in here with that explanation.

B) GS would be hard-capped if they took back an S&T'd player. There's very little chance DeRozan goes there at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can package players under contract with S&T'd players. That's not an issue. The issues are:

A) You can't agree to an S&T deal before the moratorium. So you can't include picks. You can't even wink-wink it or use the rights of the drafted players to get around it. It's a clear violation of the CBA and "doesn't happen all the time", before someone cartwheels in here with that explanation.

B) GS would be hard-capped if they took back an S&T'd player. There's very little chance DeRozan goes there at this point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a recent Locked on Bulls podcast where the they cover Dejounte Murray trade speculation.

Starts about 30 minutes in, but in short they love the idea of Murray on the Bulls especially as they think he'll be attainable for Lauri in a S&T

Lots of Murray love and stats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's probably where the RGMers keep getting that DJM-for-Mark trade from. That's a horrible, horrible offer from Chicago, and this is ME of all people saying it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs could sign Lauri outright if they wanted. Why would they send Murray in exchange for him? Makes no sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a recent Locked on Bulls podcast where the they cover Dejounte Murray trade speculation.

Starts about 30 minutes in, but in short they love the idea of Murray on the Bulls especially as they think he'll be attainable for Lauri in a S&T

Lots of Murray love and stats
    That would be a travesty of epic proportions.
    Of course the Bulls' guys love the idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs could sign Lauri outright if they wanted. Why would they send Murray in exchange for him? Makes no sense
    "A trade that makes no sense? That's my cue"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Locked on Bulls also covers that Murray and Levine are tight as they're both from Seattle and that Levine 'liked' a Photoshop of Murray in a bulls uniform on Twitter or Instagram

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was told fans of other teams didn’t think DJ was that valuable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was told fans of other teams didn’t think DJ was that valuable
    You do realize that projected trade is valuing Murray as essentially nothing, right? A Mark sign-and-trade has about as little value as you can imagine something having given that SA has cap and the Bulls don't seem willing to match any contract that's not a pittance. This is more evidence of Murray's value being low, not high. Those same fans are balking at the idea of adding a bust like Coby White into the deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize that projected trade is valuing Murray as essentially nothing, right? A Mark sign-and-trade has about as little value as you can imagine something having given that SA has cap and the Bulls don't seem willing to match any contract that's not a pittance. This is more evidence of Murray's value being low, not high. Those same fans are balking at the idea of adding a bust like Coby White into the deal.
    Are you really using the musings of a bunch of Bulls fans to validate your ty opinion of Murray?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you really using the musings of a bunch of Bulls fans to validate your ty opinion of Murray?
    No, I'm showing why using the Bulls chatter to make a snide remark makes no sense.

It shows a horrible lack of reading comprehension, since my response to the chatter is derision at those fans for thinking Murray could be had for so little.

You're off your game with this post. It's hard to keep up the anti-hero edge lord meme if you miss this badly on a post this straightforward

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't trade Murray, his salary is not high compared to players with similar stats; he is a good defender. When we have to sign the other youngsters we need cap space and Murray doesn't take that much of it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that neither will be traded.
    This is a decoy to trade the other players in the roster like LW4, Poeltl or even Patty through a sign and trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that neither will be traded.
    This is a decoy to trade the other players in the roster like LW4, Poeltl or even Patty through a sign and trade.
    Eh if we're channeling the Spurs' moves of old, I'd say it's more likely that they want to trade one of White or Murray (like specifically either White or Murray but not the other) and are putting it out there both could be had in order to conflate their value. It'd be like how it came out that the Spurs were apparently looking to trade Parker or Hill in 2011, which created the impression that the Spurs would be just as happy keeping one or the other. Parker said during the time that Pop told him it was just a smoke screen, and it likely did raise Hill's value a decent bit.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh if we're channeling the Spurs' moves of old, I'd say it's more likely that they want to trade one of White or Murray (like specifically either White or Murray but not the other) and are putting it out there both could be had in order to conflate their value. It'd be like how it came out that the Spurs were apparently looking to trade Parker or Hill in 2011, which created the impression that the Spurs would be just as happy keeping one or the other. Parker said during the time that Pop told him it was just a smoke screen, and it likely did raise Hill's value a decent bit.

Exactly. If there is any fire to this smoke, the FO likely has an angle they are playing. Having said that, I will be shocked if they trade either. And in Hill’s situation, we had Pop fellating Hill in the preseason, calling him his favorite player or some nonsense, which in retrospect helped his trade value. If I had to guess who Pop effuses about more, it’s probably DJM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. If there is any fire to this smoke, the FO likely has an angle they are playing. Having said that, I will be shocked if they trade either. And in Hill’s situation, we had Pop fellating Hill in the preseason, calling him his favorite player or some nonsense, which in retrospect helped his trade value. If I had to guess who Pop effuses about more, it’s probably DJM.
    Interesting. Is Spurs trying to move up the draft or get another lottery pick? To get Duarte also? Tbh I'd rather like Duarte starting at SG and Derrick playing the PG. Tre can be a real dependable backup PG.

Or package DJ with Demar to get Simmons?

Whatever it is I hope the PATFO do something big this offseason.. I swear I'm ready to switch to soccer

Thread Information