Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. Is Spurs trying to move up the draft or get another lottery pick? To get Duarte also? Tbh I'd rather like Duarte starting at SG and Derrick playing the PG. Tre can be a real dependable backup PG.

Or package DJ with Demar to get Simmons?

Whatever it is I hope the PATFO do something big this offseason.. I swear I'm ready to switch to soccer
    How can you keep wanting to get rid of DJ but want to get Ben? you do realize DJ is better then Ben at a much lower salary right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hypothetical speaking (slow day)- if Golden State offered #7, Wiseman, and Wiggins for DJ and White would you take it?
    Interesting. I think you have to keep one of Murray or White, but maybe adding Lonnie instead?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you make Murray available as part of an S&T for Collins?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you make Murray available as part of an S&T for Collins?
    I don’t get the upshot if he could be had with space. Save DJ for another move

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t get the upshot if he could be had with space. Save DJ for another move
    Atlanta could match. And if multiple teams are trying to get him that could cinch it. If you think he is a 20/10 guy for you do you pass it up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta could match. And if multiple teams are trying to get him that could cinch it. If you think he is a 20/10 guy for you do you pass it up?
    Atlanta cannot match a Max offer and afford to sign Trae the following year. Collins is a Spur if he wants the most money. If Spurs think Collins is their 20/10 guy, they should do it imo. He is the same age as our core and could build around him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. I think you have to keep one of Murray or White, but maybe adding Lonnie instead?
    I don't think Lonnie would get it done. Also, including White (his salary) gets us enough room to still have max money to use of someone or split between a couple guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta cannot match a Max offer and afford to sign Trae the following year. Collins is a Spur if he wants the most money. If Spurs think Collins is their 20/10 guy, they should do it imo. He is the same age as our core and could build around him.
    Sure they can, quite easily actually, especially if they don't guarantee Galinari's contract for 2022/23 or trade him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hypothetical speaking (slow day)- if Golden State offered #7, Wiseman, and Wiggins for DJ and White would you take it?
    Doesn’t work, cap wise, and like the Lakers trade, you can’t bridge a trade over two league fiscal years, including picks from this year, and cap space from next.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn’t work, cap wise, and like the Lakers trade, you can’t bridge a trade over two league fiscal years, including picks from this year, and cap space from next.
    Expound on that because the cap numbers do work with our ability to absorb Wiseman into our space. We would have to agree to the deal st the draft and consummate it afterwards and since there are no FA'S involved that shouldn't be a problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can you keep wanting to get rid of DJ but want to get Ben? you do realize DJ is better then Ben at a much lower salary right?
    It makes everybody play their original position. So while DJ might be a better player (I don’t think he is but let’s say he is) Ben is the better fit. White guards point guards, Lonnie SG, KJ SF, Ben PF, Goran/Jak/draft pick guards Center. We also would no longer be undersized and still be able to switch on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't true. You can totally agree to trades during the draft and execute them during after the new league year. You can't agree to an S&T because it requires a pending free agent to agree to a contract before the moratorium. That's tampering. The mentioned deal is fine.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's like a Dollar Tree Russell Wilson.
    LMAO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expound on that because the cap numbers do work with our ability to absorb Wiseman into our space. We would have to agree to the deal st the draft and consummate it afterwards and since there are no FA'S involved that shouldn't be a problem.
    No, the nba doesn’t allow that. They slapped down Sacto last year for trying that with Bodanovic, and he wound up in ATL.

You are trying to include assets from 20-21 (picks) and use cap space from 21-22 in the same trade. They won’t even let you trade the player rights after they’re drafted in a trade, because that would be cir venting that rule. No bueno. That’s also why that Laker trade won’t work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't true. You can totally agree to trades during the draft and execute them during after the new league year. You can't agree to an S&T because it requires a pending free agent to agree to a contract before the moratorium. That's tampering. The mentioned deal is fine.
    How can you use cap space a month before you have it? We can’t currently absorb Wiseman. I know you can do trades during the draft. It happens most years, but you must meet all trade requirements, so salaries must match, or you trade into cap room,which we will NOT have on July 29th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can you use cap space a month before you have it? We can’t currently absorb Wiseman. I know you can do trades during the draft. It happens most years, but you must meet all trade requirements, so salaries must match, or you trade into cap room,which we will NOT have on July 29th.
    They can agree in principle during the draft and execute the trade when possible.

The issue with Bogdanovic last year and the proposed DDR to Lakers deal is that these players were going to be FAs and teams shouldn't be able to talk to them , thus no chance to agree to a deal before the moratorium. White, Murray, Wiseman and Wiggins are all under contract, so no such problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BG already answered, but most draft day trades are already executed after the moratorium, since you aren't allowed to trade picks on draft day anyway. There's no need to get something done if you're just trading rights. Therefore, you can wait until a team has cap space to do the deal and just have it be a proposed, not-yet-binding deal in the interim.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It makes everybody play their original position. So while DJ might be a better player (I don’t think he is but let’s say he is) Ben is the better fit. White guards point guards, Lonnie SG, KJ SF, Ben PF, Goran/Jak/draft pick guards Center. We also would no longer be undersized and still be able to switch on defense.
    Ben is not a better fit.

Spacing with DJ is awful and it would get exponentially worse with Ben.

You want Ben? Jakob has to go. Whenever Ben is on the floor, big sharing the floor with him needs a reliable jumpshot.
    Derrick is a decent shooter, but nothing special.
    Keldon is subpar at best, opponents want him to shoot the 3.
    Lonnie would be the only somewhat reliable 3pt threat.

You need at least 2 elite 3pt shooters with Ben and a big who's reliable from deep.
    The entire roster would need an overhaul. Not to mention that Ben's contract scales from 30 to 40 million per year.

We need ing shooters, not another mental midget who'd be a spacing liability even if he played in the 80s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously I don't think anyone on the team is untouchable at this point.

It's unfortunate we haven't had a REAL chance to really see Murray/White tandem work yet. Part of that is on Pop for stubbornly refusing to play them together until last season, and partially due to the fact that White just can't seem to stay healthy.

I'd prefer we give it them each one more year to see if White can stay on the floor and (theoretically) have more playing time with the starting lineup if DeMar is gone. But I also won't be too upset if the Spurs trade either one because that means they are making some major changes which is probably long overdue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be a terrible ing trade ^

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reasonable thing to do is see if we get a new coach and see what changes/progress that brings without trading anyone.

Yet, I’m still torn on DJM. He isn’t good enough of a distributor or shot creator to be the head of the snake, so to speak. Maybe he becomes a better 3 point shooter. And he learns to make better reads. But is that worth waiting several years to see? I think he has to have a different role, ideally more off the ball. I love his moxie but it also blinds him.

It reminds me of DDR wanting to prove everyone wrong when he came to SA, yet continued not to shoot three pointers, for example, and instead, more or less, play his same game, but passed more as a product of dominating the ball. But this draft has too many question marks for what we’d be able to move up to...7 or 8 isn’t worth trading DJM. Anyway. The conundrum of the Spurs.
    Last edited by The Truth #6; 07-15-2021 at 02:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be a terrible ing trade ^
    It's from Twitter. How can it be terrible?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben is not a better fit.

Spacing with DJ is awful and it would get exponentially worse with Ben.

You want Ben? Jakob has to go. Whenever Ben is on the floor, big sharing the floor with him needs a reliable jumpshot.
    Derrick is a decent shooter, but nothing special.
    Keldon is subpar at best, opponents want him to shoot the 3.
    Lonnie would be the only somewhat reliable 3pt threat.

You need at least 2 elite 3pt shooters with Ben and a big who's reliable from deep.
    The entire roster would need an overhaul. Not to mention that Ben's contract scales from 30 to 40 million per year.

We need ing shooters, not another mental midget who'd be a spacing liability even if he played in the 80s.
    yup you prolly can't have Ben and Jakob onthe floor simultaneously for lots of minutes. makes defending them too easy if they get to help defend off two ppl with no outside shot. I think defending them would overcome their defensive potential. or you get rid of Jakob or make him a bench guy again which we all know Jakob wouldn't like.

just doesn't make sense especially giving up a guy like Murray or white which give indications that they're spurs lifers.

me no likey.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not opposed to trading for Simmons, but trade can't be as lopsided as made out to be on twitter...

Thread Information