Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I mentioned in the other thread, you use Poeltl as one of the main pieces going back to Philly and re-up Dieng while drafting a three-and-D big. The position would probably be a multi-year project, but it's better than committing a bunch of money to Mark because you want a stretch-five right now.
    Im probably unreasonably holding to hope that DDR would be part of a deal to Philly using basic formula of establish “star” + good young player + future asset. Not saying that DDR is their preference, but I do think they’re under the gun to but turnkey pieces around Embiid now (not just a bunch of picks and 1-3rd year players). Then again they may see Jak, White, Murray differently.

The other DDR S&T scenario Im intrigued by is to Indiana for the last two years of Turner’s deal. Not that he’s an excellent 3pt shooter but his % over last 2-3 years are not too dissimilar to Dengs. The upside of course is on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im probably unreasonably holding to hope that DDR would be part of a deal to Philly using basic formula of establish “star” + good young player + future asset. Not saying that DDR is their preference, but I do think they’re under the gun to but turnkey pieces around Embiid now (not just a bunch of picks and 1-3rd year players). Then again they may see Jak, White, Murray differently.

The other DDR S&T scenario Im intrigued by is to Indiana for the last two years of Turner’s deal. Not that he’s an excellent 3pt shooter but his % over last 2-3 years are not too dissimilar to Dengs. The upside of course is on defense.
    That's also possible. For me the point of using Poeltl is to add value more than being filler. Maybe Murray and Poeltl (and Walker say) is enough to change 12 into a future first or to get 28 back, and retaining the future flexibility is critical when you make a trade this big without it opening a le window. You hope White gets healthy and can be a minor star, and Simmons is a mid-star and that you have the capital to make that all-in trade in a couple of years. I have no idea who that "all-in" guy would be yet, but usually you need to have the assets before that guy becomes available

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also don't get it.
    Me too. Don't get it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think he LIKES the brutal big market media? SA is basically a free pass in that department.
    He's 10x more active on Instagram than Dejounte is and he dated a Kardashian... I think he enjoys the attention more than most. Of course no one likes harsh criticism, but I don't think he could ever be classified as disinterested in that kind of stuff, like Timmy & Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I’m warming on this Simmons possibility. Draft Giddey and retain Mills too

But yeah, it could be the ticket to a potential franchise player, and international at that. The kid is only 24 and could be here in a long time. I see the planets aligning
    Giddey will never be a good shooter, and his vision and passing aren’t any better, plus his defense and athleticism are far inferior. Why would you draft a homeless man’s version of Simmons if you’re getting Simmons?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's also possible. For me the point of using Poeltl is to add value more than being filler. Maybe Murray and Poeltl (and Walker say) is enough to change 12 into a future first or to get 28 back, and retaining the future flexibility is critical when you make a trade this big without it opening a le window. You hope White gets healthy and can be a minor star, and Simmons is a mid-star and that you have the capital to make that all-in trade in a couple of years. I have no idea who that "all-in" guy would be yet, but usually you need to have the assets before that guy becomes available
    I’m going to ask first this time. Did you really just propose Poeltl, DJ, maybe Lonnie + 12 for an as yet to be determined future 1st round pick?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m going to ask first this time. Did you really just propose Poeltl, DJ, maybe Lonnie + 12 for an as yet to be determined future 1st round pick?
    No he didn't... he purposed it to get Simmons + a future 1st or #28 and it was more on the lines of looking at the different options open to us as opposed to a specific endorsement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s hard to be excited for Simmons when Spurs main challenge has been spacing as it is. Demar is so much better, whether you agree or not, and we’ve missed the last two playoffs. And now that Demar finally could be leaving and a chance to rebuild, then you bring in Simmons?
    simmons is an elite defensive player. he's a much better guy to have than derozan, its not even close

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey will never be a good shooter, and his vision and passing aren’t any better, plus his defense and athleticism are far inferior. Why would you draft a homeless man’s version of Simmons if you’re getting Simmons?
    australian colony

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte Murray is horrible. Just like most of your washed up kool aid opinions. Do you dumb asses ever watch a game?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a Pacers podcast this past week where the hosts did a bunch of fake trade proposals. One they both liked was Dejounte Murray and Lonnie Walker for Myles Turner and Aaron Holiday.

They seem a lot higher in Murray than some Spurs fans or maybe just a lot lower on Turner.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a Pacers podcast this past week where the hosts did a bunch of fake trade proposals. One they both liked was Dejounte Murray and Lonnie Walker for Myles Turner and Aaron Holiday.

They seem a lot higher in Murray than some Spurs fans or maybe just a lot lower on Turner.
    It’s in the ballpark, but seems a tad rich for Turner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd certainly do Murray for Turner in a vacuum. They'd need to find a Poeltl trade though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would look into Sexton. It would take at least Walker and 12 to get it done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would look into Sexton. It would take at least Walker and 12 to get it done.
    NYK are reportedly going extremely hard for him, so you'd have to do much better than that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Murray and white. White is way too injury prone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Murray and white. White is way too injury prone
    And overrated AF by Spurs fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like both and waited so long for them to play together. But I could get a pure shooter like Duarte in the draft, I’d rather him start. White is a better facilitator than DJ and able to get Poeltl going early, compare to the heavy iso of DJ. As much as I like DJ, and I think he would be an AS eventually, I’ll give the keys to Derrick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I like the idea of a Collins or Simmons + Turner Pairing.

Round out with White, Vassel, Keldon. Or maybe a FA shooter like Duncan Robinson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel this relationship will eventually not end well. But I get it, this is how people motivate themselves now, I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’d think Myles turner was a 20/10 guy on top of his defense the way he’s talked about here

Simmons+Turner is the same idea as the Embiid pairing but worse.

Murray has an additional year under team control and is a more valuable asset than Myles turner. I don’t know if it’s a side effect of the media apparatus at large chronically ignoring the spurs and that rubbing off on some fans- but Myles turner is not worth dejounte Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel this relationship will eventually not end well. But I get it, this is how people motivate themselves now, I guess.
    DJ is just young, and it shows in the way he mouths off on social media.

Obviously, this may not be basketball related at all...but if it's not, it's still a very nebulous thing to say 5 days before the draft.

By all accounts, he has bought into the Spurs way and wants to be with the team, but that doesn't make him untouchable. That should be the expectation for every player.

He needs to realize that he is not a Tim Duncan, or even a Manu Ginobili or Tony Parker. His name WILL get involved in trade talks, even if the FO is just exploring options.

If he starts taking that personally and making it a chip on his shoulder, it's going to be a tough career for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ is just young, and it shows in the way he mouths off on social media.

Obviously, this may not be basketball related at all...but if it's not, it's still a very nebulous thing to say 5 days before the draft.

By all accounts, he has bought into the Spurs way and wants to be with the team, but that doesn't make him untouchable. That should be the expectation for every player.

He needs to realize that he is not a Tim Duncan, or even a Manu Ginobili or Tony Parker. His name WILL get involved in trade talks, even if the FO is just exploring options.

If he starts taking that personally and making it a chip on his shoulder, it's going to be a tough career for him.
    This is also why many FOs lie to the players (like Toronto with DeRozan) because they can't separate DJM the person from DJM the professional basketball player. They take it personally. It is likely that PATFO have been honest with him and due to his youth and inexperience he is butthurt. I haven't seen the same (although he may feel the same) reaction from White. Of course, White was not a heavily recruited HS player like Murray. Murray has been told he is God's gift to basketball for at least the last 10 years of his life and likely feels a greater sense of en lement than White.

Thread Information