Post Count
    GOAT of the Micky Mouse club
    Enough about Ronaldo and nations league

Messi >>>> Ronaldo

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    I was referring to this current brazilian generation, which is nothing special compared to previous generations. Not Brazil's resume as a whole.

This current brazilian generation is certainly not historic all time great.

This was not the huge upset some people are trying to portray.
    It was easily a bigger upset than Italy over England, don’t even pretend otherwise. The odds were nearly even heading into Italy vs England with England slightly favoured. Argentina was a much bigger upset

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    It was easily a bigger upset than Italy over England, don’t even pretend otherwise. The odds were nearly even heading into Italy vs England with England slightly favoured. Argentina was a much bigger upset
    Packed stadium filled with mostly english supporters >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Empty bubble in Brazil

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Packed stadium filled with mostly english supporters >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Empty bubble in Brazil
    Nope, not even close. England were thoroughly outplayed, fans didn’t help their performance one bit. There’s a reason the odds were so even. Italy were also in the biggest streak in their nations HISTORY. So the underdog crap makes no sense, they were really good.

Brazil had yet to lose a single match since stadiums were empty, and they had an uncanny record in Copa historically. I totally agree this wasn’t Brazil of the classic last but France 2016 wasn’t either. Argentina’s upset was far more historical than Italy’s, not even up for debate my friend

Also, your boy needs to leave Juve if he wants another CL. I feel like psg is a bit lame but him reuniting with Ramos is much smarter than wasting away with a horribly managed Juventus club.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Let's be honest. CR7 vs. Messi is Bird vs Magic. You guys will still be arguing this in the Jordan era and then some more in the Duncan era and still yet in the Lebron era.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

As advanced stats become more prominent in futbol in the upcoming years, the difference will prove to be even bigger.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Talk about massive impact:

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Still, this generation of brazilians is nothing special. At least, considering their past teams.
    Can someone comment on what has happened. Did others simply catch up?

Maybe unrealistic heights were reached. Other giants have also declined i.e. das Germans but they cashed in recently.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Can someone comment on what has happened. Did others simply catch up?

Maybe unrealistic heights were reached. Other giants have also declined i.e. das Germans but they cashed in recently.
    Others caught up for sure and every country has a golden generation and this isn’t it for Brazil although they are still pretty good. We are no longer in the era where you have 1-2 NT teams tower over the rest

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Talk about massive impact:

Tells you all you need to know about the level of compe ion in the Copa America.

Like going off against Bolivia and Ecuador in an empty stadium is some sort of accomplishment

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Nope, not even close. England were thoroughly outplayed, fans didn’t help their performance one bit. There’s a reason the odds were so even. Italy were also in the biggest streak in their nations HISTORY. So the underdog crap makes no sense, they were really good.

Brazil had yet to lose a single match since stadiums were empty, and they had an uncanny record in Copa historically. I totally agree this wasn’t Brazil of the classic last but France 2016 wasn’t either. Argentina’s upset was far more historical than Italy’s, not even up for debate my friend

Also, your boy needs to leave Juve if he wants another CL. I feel like psg is a bit lame but him reuniting with Ramos is much smarter than wasting away with a horribly managed Juventus club.
    Nope. Ask anyone without a dog in this fight and they'll tell you otherwise.

Coming back from a 0-1 deficit in a packed Wembley stadium, while also coming from behind in the penalty shootout is a bigger accomplishment than what Argentina did in an empty stadium.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Nope. Ask anyone without a dog in this fight and they'll tell you otherwise.

Coming back from a 0-1 deficit in a packed Wembley stadium, while also coming from behind in the penalty shootout is a bigger accomplishment than what Argentina did in an empty stadium.
    Not at all, again the betting odds even had Argentina as far bigger underdogs than Italy against England. And England scored 2 min in so plenty of time to comeback on top of playing a bunch of kids who had no business taking those penalties. Argentina was a much bigger accomplishment over Brazil, no question. Argentina were much bigger underdogs

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Tells you all you need to know about the level of compe ion in the Copa America.

Like going off against Bolivia and Ecuador in an empty stadium is some sort of accomplishment
    As oppose to Ronaldo who only gets his open play goals against Andorra and Faroe Islands

Messi had a better international tournament than Ronaldo ever had

Ronaldo doesn’t even make the euro starting XI sonde everyone sees him for the penalty fraud he has become. He has zero impact on the game outside of penalties he’s a glorified Poacher at the most. It’s all good.

Proceed

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Not at all, again the betting odds even had Argentina as far bigger underdogs than Italy against England. And England scored 2 min in so plenty of time to comeback on top of playing a bunch of kids who had no business taking those penalties. Argentina was a much bigger accomplishment over Brazil, no question. Argentina were much bigger underdogs
    Italy-England aside, Argentina's win is still not the all time great upset midgetfans are trying to paint. You had the 2 teams predicted to make the final, Brazil was considered the favorite by a small margin. Hardly historic.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    As oppose to Ronaldo who only gets his open play goals against Andorra and Faroe Islands

Messi had a better international tournament than Ronaldo ever had

Ronaldo doesn’t even make the euro starting XI sonde everyone sees him for the penalty fraud he has become. He has zero impact on the game outside of penalties he’s a glorified Poacher at the most. It’s all good.

Proceed
    *Stat-padding against average teams like Bolivia and Ecuador
    *Did nothing in the final
    *Bailed out by Di Maria
    *Empty stadiums
    *Mickey Mouse ring
    *All kinds of asterisks

Let us proceed
    Last edited by Bynumite; 07-13-2021 at 05:06 PM.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Italy-England aside, Argentina's win is still not the all time great upset midgetfans are trying to paint. You had the 2 teams predicted to make the final, Brazil was considered the favorite by a small margin. Hardly historic.
    The margin isn’t as small as you say it was at all. Brazil was at 2.0 with Argentina at 3.45 the amount whereas England (2.65) and Italy (2.75) was much closer

However, considering the histories of Brazil and how well they had done on their own soil in the last 100 years in this tourney, it’s a very memorable win, far more so than had Argentina beaten chile before for example

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    *Stat-padding against average teams like Bolivia and Ecuador
    *Did nothing in the final
    *Bailed out by Di Maria
    *Empty stadiums
    *Mickey Mouse ring
    *All kinds of asterisks

Let us proceed

Penaldo:

*did nothing in the final (literally)
    *Bailed out by Eder
    *Changing the rules so third place teams could advance while being in an easy group
    *Jammiest NT win of the last 30 years
    *Just one win in 90 minutes, all kinds of asterisks

Let us Proceed

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Penaldo:

*did nothing in the final (literally)
    *Bailed out by Eder
    *Changing the rules so third place teams could advance while being in an easy group
    *Jammiest NT win of the last 30 years
    *Just one win in 90 minutes, all kinds of asterisks

Let us Proceed
    Still not a mickey mouse bubble ring like midget's

Oh and 2>1

Let us proceed

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    The margin isn’t as small as you say it was at all. Brazil was at 2.0 with Argentina at 3.45 the amount whereas England (2.65) and Italy (2.75) was much closer

However, considering the histories of Brazil and how well they had done on their own soil in the last 100 years in this tourney, it’s a very memorable win, far more so than had Argentina beaten chile before for example
    Now Chile, a team with no trophies before the 2015 CA win, beating the World Cup finalist and perennial Copa America favorite in back to back finals, is not as memorable as Argentina's win over Brazil

The things midgetfans tell themselves. The delusion never stops I'm surprised you can even type with midget's nuts hanging on your face.
    Last edited by Bynumite; 07-13-2021 at 06:05 PM.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Now Chile, a team with no trophies before the 2015 CA win, beating the World Cup finalist and perennial Copa America favorite in back to back finals, is not as memorable as Argentina's win over Brazil

The things midgetfans tell themselves. The delusion never stops I'm surprised you can even type with midget's nuts hanging on your face.
    Oh chile over Argentina was big, but you know what’s more embarrassing? Being the euro winner and getting cucked by chile in the semi final of the federations cup. And the Portugal proceed to get curb stomped by a Uruguay side that got eliminated a round later. Same with Portugal getting cucked by Belgium who only got a round further. At least Argentina lost to eventual champions everytime.

And Olympic gold medal >>>> nations league

And you need to penaldo tiny out of your mouth my friend. Claiming the media in ballon d’or wouldn’t vote for Ronaldo because they love Messi too much I can’t even

Let us proceed

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Oh chile over Argentina was big, but you know what’s more embarrassing? Being the euro winner and getting cucked by chile in the semi final of the federations cup. And the Portugal proceed to get curb stomped by a Uruguay side that got eliminated a round later. Same with Portugal getting cucked by Belgium who only got a round further. At least Argentina lost to eventual champions everytime.

And Olympic gold medal >>>> nations league

And you need to penaldo tiny out of your mouth my friend. Claiming the media in ballon d’or wouldn’t vote for Ronaldo because they love Messi too much I can’t even

Let us proceed
    Boiled down:

2>1

5>4

Top scorer of all time

Midget king of the media awards and mickey mouse bubble rings

Let us proceed

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Who cares how much of an underdog Argentina was? It was the Copa America, against Brazil, in the Maracana. After a 28 years drought. It doesn't matter that there was a reduced public, it is easily Argentina's 3rd biggest trophy in history.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Who cares how much of an underdog Argentina was? It was the Copa America, against Brazil, in the Maracana. After a 28 years drought. It doesn't matter that there was a reduced public, it is easily Argentina's 3rd biggest trophy in history.
    *Empty Maracana

They could have played the final in your grandma's backyard and it wouldn't have made a difference

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Boiled down:

2>1

5>4

Top scorer of all time

Midget king of the media awards and mickey mouse bubble rings

Let us proceed
    Media awards ing Ronaldo’s agent owns a company just to give him awards with that Dubai awards bull .

Who gives a about an empty stadium, you’re so dumb if you can’t see the historic context of this but then again you’re trying to argue for nations league as a legit trophy

It’s over, Messi will forever be seen as greater than Ronaldo who gets done in by the Porto’s of the world

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count

Thread Information