Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Ronaldo took more risks in his career and even changed positions. Messi is aging better because he's just a MF and he played it safe in his career - Barcelona and now PSG. He'll never step foot in the EPL.

Ronaldo is the alpha leader. Messi is the nice guy teammate. I'll take Cristiano in a 1-match finale but Messi over the course of a long season.

How many times did Messi's team blow a 3+ goal margin? The 2-8 beat down by Bayern? Those remain In a career portfolio...
    Such a bunch of crap.

Messi has scored on every single elimination round of the WC, U-20 WC, and the UCL. He's also the all-time leader in goals and assists in final games. Why would you take anyone over the best statistically player of elimination games and finals?

Also, Ronaldo isn't an alpha leader, he's an egotistical sociopath. If things aren't going his way, he's a problem in the lockeroom.

Messi is a Sigma leader. The guy that knows is the best so he doesn't need external recognition from anyone else. That's why he's chill and his teammates love him and go to War for him.

And the whole "taking chances" argument is just laughable. What risk are you taking by going to the biggest club in the World? Also, you can't penalize a guy for being loyal. Messi wanted to stay in Barca even though they were on clear decline. Ronaldo escaped Madrid as soon as he thought they were declining, and went to a UCL finalist.

Also, the EPL argument, are we still doing that crap? Do you really think Messi wouldn't do well playing for City against the Bournemouths of England?
    Last edited by DAF86; 12-29-2022 at 11:16 PM.

Alpha leader sigma leaders..lol what a clown. Who cares. Messi fanboys reaching.

Messi statistically is the greatest player of all time, but the way the game is played now..this shouldn’t come as a surprise. He’s a Ronaldo, Zidane type of talent who lived in an era full of talented players that he gets to play with and a more open and dynamic playstyle.

Just look at the Rate Haaland is scoring now.

Great player but ultimately he hasn’t really done anything to separate himself from other greats.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Ronaldo took more risks in his career and even changed positions. Messi is aging better because he's just a MF and he played it safe in his career - Barcelona and now PSG. He'll never step foot in the EPL.

Ronaldo is the alpha leader. Messi is the nice guy teammate. I'll take Cristiano in a 1-match finale but Messi over the course of a long season.

How many times did Messi's team blow a 3+ goal margin? The 2-8 beat down by Bayern? Those remain In a career portfolio...
    And how many times did Ronaldo get destroyed by Messi? Cl finals, in the same
    League etc…

Ronaldo going to the best team in England, then the best team in Spain and the best team in Italy isn’t a risk at all

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Alpha leader sigma leaders..lol what a clown. Who cares. Messi fanboys reaching.

Messi statistically is the greatest player of all time, but the way the game is played now..this shouldn’t come as a surprise. He’s a Ronaldo, Zidane type of talent who lived in an era full of talented players that he gets to play with and a more open and dynamic playstyle.

Just look at the Rate Haaland is scoring now.

Great player but ultimately he hasn’t really done anything to separate himself from other greats.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    is there a top10 list for 2010-2020

or

top10 2000-2020??

cause i remember when these 2 guys were on the scene, there was another guy getting alot of hype...KAKA, i wonder if guys like robben, sneijder, ribbery, bale are higher then him on the top10 lists from 2000-2020 or 2010-2020

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Being 2nd best ever after Maradona is nothing to be ashamed of tbh

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    You’re right, being third on the all time list, second after maradona is nothing to be ashamed about

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    all those big name players going to Saudi Arabia in the same window holy

The Ronaldo Effect

Messi has only taken his family and his HGH stack with him to the MLS in the same window
    (I know Messi 1 WC, Ronaldo 0, you, you know who you are)

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    It's fair to say Messi has had the better & safer career but Ronaldo more influential and changed the game

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    It's fair to say Messi has had the better & safer career but Ronaldo more influential and changed the game
    I'm not sure what the bolded even means but, Ronaldo spent his entire career being a poacher. It doesn't get an Safer than that. The rest about Ronaldo being more influencial and changing the game is pure nonsense. I bet you couldn't even keep a straight face when typing this.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Ronaldo has fallen off hard and MLS gets far more engagement than the Saudi league even if both leagues are . Ronaldo will go down as time goes on. His skill set doesn't get remembered fondly

Veteran
    Post Count
    all those big name players going to Saudi Arabia in the same window holy

The Ronaldo Effect

Messi has only taken his family and his HGH stack with him to the MLS in the same window
    (I know Messi 1 WC, Ronaldo 0, you, you know who you are)
    it was very courageous of him to show everyone what little consequences there are to selling out to the saudi, but give some credit to real madrid too, they know a thing or two about dirty money and sportswashing human rights violations.. does ronaldo develop that ability without going to RM?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    it was very courageous of him to show everyone what little consequences there are to selling out to the saudi, but give some credit to real madrid too, they know a thing or two about dirty money and sportswashing human rights violations.. does ronaldo develop that ability without going to RM?
    Like Messi selling out to Apartheid Israel when they pay him to visit ?

Veteran
    Post Count
    Messi is a sell out too, Manu as well.. they don't make them like they used to.

Ronaldo and Madrid are on another level though...

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    The midget clown show continues wherever he goes it seems

20 years of paid refs in la liga, world cup paid with oil money, now getting preferential treatment in the ML .

What the is even this?

Last edited by Bynumite; 08-17-2023 at 02:19 PM.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    The guy looked like a TOSB in France 2 years ago, in a league that's not even a top 5 league in Europe.

Now all of a sudden, he's back to scoring like his prime self. Not su ious at all I know they're scrubs but they're not even trying

That's the thing with american sports. There's always that stench of scripting in the air.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    The guy looked like a TOSB in France 2 years ago, in a league that's not even a top 5 league in Europe.

Now all of a sudden, he's back to scoring like his prime self. Not su ious at all I know they're scrubs but they're not even trying

That's the thing with american sports. There's always that stench of scripting in the air.
    He dominated a world cup, MLS is using him a of a lot better than PSG did, even if MLS is a tier league.

PSG was a mistake, he would have thrived at City or any competent team. PSG was such a drag.

At least even you now admit he's the GOAT. Shame how Ronaldo's career ended, he did it to himself tbh.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Cristiano Ronaldo isn't even the best ever Ronaldo... he's probably the third best footballer with his own name, let alone overall. These 2 at their peak were superior:

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count

That's BS, Messi played well in Paris but not to his full potential because he was miserable there. PSG is such a toxic, horrendous club that will never see a player of Messi's stature, only a moron would boo Messi and they deserve their fate. Messi proved in the WC he is still the best, all he needs is an environment where he can be happy, he got out of that hole and he picked up right where he left off.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Another one

The Ronaldo effect

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    The Saudi Pro League must be a money losing machine.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Another one

The Ronaldo effect

This is something to be proud of or what?
    The Saudi league is pure fabrication via money.

I cant wait for all to come on here and claim our personal favorite Saudi Team and all get together to watch the games or discuss them...
    The Saudi league could be bigger than the WC? Where are the Saudi League team emblems... (Where is the Tottenham team emblem???? No one cares except me)

cmon left man.
    This is much worse than a horrible try at a Super League without the backing of ANY fans of a city with soccer tradition.
    So you were actually saying the Ronaldo effect is get paid for doing nothing that fans really care about?
    Miami is at least a large city that likes it sports. Some people are watching who care. But there will never be Barcelona v. RM in the same way.
    And its not Portugal v. Argentina either...

cmon left man you are better than this.

Thread Information