Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Leagues are built in a few main ways:
    1) Bottom up (organically), with a genuine fan and players base, where the product is an accurate representation of their resources and it's sustainable long term. Probably European and South American leagues a few decades ago.
    2) Top down (artificially), without a genuine fan and players base. where the product doesn't represent their resources and is dependent on a continual influx of external money. Clearly the Saudis case.
    3) A mixed approach, where there is a real fan and player base, but the product is heavily influenced by external factors that may not be sustainable long term. Probably most European leagues nowadays, to varying degrees.
    In this spectrum, I'd say the German league is a more genuine product, whereas the English league is undeniably distorted by the huge influx of external money (oil money from Saudis and the like, Asian tycoons from China, Russia or wherever). There is a real fan base, sure, but without all this money being thrown around they'd have nowhere near the amount of talent they currently have. The floor is much higher for the English, but there's a bubble there as well that can't be denied.
    Only thing you forgot was US input of money into English leagues at multiple levels.
    My bad, you did not forget it... you said wherever.
    Agree at the EPL levels but still very organic at the lower levels of English football. These little towns are full of people who play on weekends under the FIFA banner and often without pay. They have a very organized system of promotion and relegation. But teams like Luton Town, who actually made the EPL, have been told they must have a larger stadium or they will be relegated.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Its absolutely NOT exactly the same.
    Europe had a ton of money AND a huge fan base. Ingrained from the 1880s England where soccer started as a company sport until, unsurprisingly, it got so popular the companies started buying players from around EUROPE because it spread all over Europe. Then it spread in popularity to South America.

Saudi Arabia has a TINY population that you think is going to replace the crowds you see at European games?
    Thats is mind numbingly stupid. Its fabricated. In Europe it grew through POPULARITY among a LARGE population.

And now I get where you are coming from. Poor South America got its players taken.
    I got a solution for you. South America could have a ton of games that would be very popular with massive crowds.
    Why not get Saudi to by South American club teams? Where there is a waiting hungry population?
    Saudi Arabia has a bigger population than 90% of the European countries, the are you talking about?

Dude, you are making no sense at all. You are being a spoiled emotional little baby over this whole thing. Your point is basically " I only like it when European teams are the ones that get to buy all the best players, when somebody else does it, it's wrong "

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    what "discussion"?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Fine. It still does not make Saudi Arabia like Europe or South America.

So a select number of rich guys get to sit in the box seats enjoying their games.
    While in South America....
    Every Saudi born citizen has a job given to them and some dont even work and are just paid by the government.
    Yet DAF is working the South America angle... a bit of hypocrisy going on here.

Why cant Estonia enjoy the same thing as the Saudi's? Its not fair

Bottom line: Saudi Arabia has a tiny population that is very rich and taking players like Mahrez who dont want to play top flight soccer, just want to get paid. Thats okay.
    But its their own little aquarium and you understand this.
    “fire”

It’s not just fire, stop lying

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    what "discussion"?
    Agreed
    Messi and ronaldo are nowhere near team leaders Scaloni, Dibu, Scottish dude, Leandro and Alpharez tbh

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Saudi Arabia has a bigger population than 90% of the European countries, the are you talking about?

Dude, you are making no sense at all. You are being a spoiled emotional little baby over this whole thing. Your point is basically " I only like it when European teams are the ones that get to buy all the best players, when somebody else does it, it's wrong "

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count

so disingenuous

There are 4 giant leagues in Europe.
    Italy, France, Germany, and England.
    ALL have a population larger than Saudi Arabia.
    So you use countries like Lichtenstein to count towards the 90%, bravo.

And all 4 of those have an ingrained soccer playing population from youth leagues to adult leagues.
    The US has a population much larger than Saudi Arabia doing the same thing, taking the old retired players and picking them off.
    Saudi Arabia is NOT taking the best players from Europe dumb . wtf are you talking about?
    Thats part of why its fabricated. Old players go to die there. And part of why the MLS is NOT considered a great place for European development.

Be real. Your are just teasing tiny hairs out of a giant rug.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    “fire”

It’s not just fire, stop lying
    wtf... FIRE?

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    I have excited the hate for Europe I see.

A little sensitivity I did not know about...

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    what "discussion"?
    Its not over either.
    Just took a wild left turn.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    so disingenuous

There are 4 giant leagues in Europe.
    Italy, France, Germany, and England.
    ALL have a population larger than Saudi Arabia.
    So you use countries like Lichtenstein to count towards the 90%, bravo.

And all 4 of those have an ingrained soccer playing population from youth leagues to adult leagues.
    The US has a population much larger than Saudi Arabia doing the same thing, taking the old retired players and picking them off.
    Saudi Arabia is NOT taking the best players from Europe dumb . wtf are you talking about?
    Thats part of why its fabricated. Old players go to die there. And part of why the MLS is NOT considered a great place for European development.

Be real. Your are just teasing tiny hairs out of a giant rug.
    Neymar isn't one of the best players in the World now?

Mané, Mahrez, Firmino, Mendy, Kante, Benzema, Bono are all very good to elite players that can still easily play on Europe, but decided to go to Sudi Arabia. Gabri Veira, one of the most promising Spanish players, went there with 21 years.

If it were true that only semi-retired players went to Saudi, folks like you wouldn't be ing now, since old players going to these type of leagues was always a thing. The reason people complain now is precisely because very good players still on a young age are going there.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I have excited the hate for Europe I see.

A little sensitivity I did not know about...
    There's no hate, tbh, just stating a pretty obvious fact. It boggles my mind how you can't realize the double standard in your reasoning.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    There's no hate, tbh, just stating a pretty obvious fact. It boggles my mind how you can't realize the double standard in your reasoning.
    Sure there is.

There is a double standard because you are thinking $ while I am writing about FANS.
    The guys like Mahrez and Neymar are going for a pay check, not compe ion, be real.
    And there is nothing wrong with that.
    UEFA has the best club teams and the best players by far.

As well as the most ardent passionate fans which is the crux of the argument you cant get.
    South America also has some great rivalries going with great fans without the money.
    What are the giant Darbys in Saudi Arabia? Where is River Plate v Boca Juniors? What is it in Saudi Arabia? Where is the Real Madrid v. Barca and the Liverpool v. Man U?

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Maybe Saudi Arabia should place one big team in the East that is basically Shia Muslim since the majority of the country is Sunni.
    Then they could have a death darby based on religion like Rangers and Celtic.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Sure there is.

There is a double standard because you are thinking $ while I am writing about FANS.
    The guys like Mahrez and Neymar are going for a pay check, not compe ion, be real.
    And there is nothing wrong with that.
    UEFA has the best club teams and the best players by far.

As well as the most ardent passionate fans which is the crux of the argument you cant get.
    South America also has some great rivalries going with great fans without the money.
    What are the giant Darbys in Saudi Arabia? Where is River Plate v Boca Juniors? What is it in Saudi Arabia? Where is the Real Madrid v. Barca and the Liverpool v. Man U?
    But the fans argument is entirely subjective. Here in South America we laugh at how cold and passionless European football fans are compared to us, but we don't about them taking all our best players. It's just the way the market works. Same thing happens with Saudi Arabia, if they now become the league with the most money, they will sooner or later become the best league in the World, and the fan base will grow as more and more elite player join that league.

To be completely honest, I've seen a couple of Saudi League games and the atmosphere is exactly the same as in Europe, if not better, tbh.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Neymar isn't one of the best players in the World now?

Mané, Mahrez, Firmino, Mendy, Kante, Benzema, Bono are all very good to elite players that can still easily play on Europe, but decided to go to Sudi Arabia. Gabri Veira, one of the most promising Spanish players, went there with 21 years.

If it were true that only semi-retired players went to Saudi, folks like you wouldn't be ing now, since old players going to these type of leagues was always a thing. The reason people complain now is precisely because very good players still on a young age are going there.
    True true

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    I don’t use the MLS and the Saudi League to justify the play of the lappers of players that are not stars anymore.
    Btw Benzema may be leaving. And if Neymar stays, he is wasting his career. He knows this from a recognition as a great player perspective. You want to play the best. Neymar could not get it done from a club perspective. From a $ point of view he can’t be blamed.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    But the fans argument is entirely subjective. Here in South America we laugh at how cold and passionless European football fans are compared to us, but we don't about them taking all our best players. It's just the way the market works. Same thing happens with Saudi Arabia, if they now become the league with the most money, they will sooner or later become the best league in the World, and the fan base will grow as more and more elite player join that league.

To be completely honest, I've seen a couple of Saudi League games and the atmosphere is exactly the same as in Europe, if not better, tbh.
    There are some places with cold passionless fans. But on the whole if the FANS don’t show the team goes down the tube.
    As a fan I’m going to GO to European and South American games long before a game in Saudi Arabia. I would much rather see an established rivalry with generational fans. And this is the point you can’t seem to grasp.

Start a Saudi League thread with lefty. The soccer forum should just light up.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    There are some places with cold passionless fans. But on the whole if the FANS don’t show the team goes down the tube.
    As a fan I’m going to GO to European and South American games long before a game in Saudi Arabia. I would much rather see an established rivalry with generational fans. And this is the point you can’t seem to grasp.

Start a Saudi League thread with lefty. The soccer forum should just light up.
    If Europe didn't have the leagues with the most money, nobody outside Europe would give a about rivalries in Europe, just like nobody gives a about Southamerican rivalries, despite being just as, if not more, historied and generational than the European ones.

If Saudi becomes the most powerful league in the World, more and more people will start watching, and the history and narratives will be made over time.

City was a small relegation team not too long ago, now they are the best team in the World and fans all around the globe tune in to watch them play.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    If Europe didn't have the leagues with the most money, nobody outside Europe would give a about rivalries in Europe, just like nobody gives a about Southamerican rivalries, despite being just as, if not more, historied and generational than the European ones.

If Saudi becomes the most powerful league in the World, more and more people will start watching, and the history and narratives will be made over time.

City was a small relegation team not too long ago, now they are the best team in the World and fans all around the globe tune in to watch them play.
    City ALWAYS had fans in England.
    They got fans worldwide with the injection of money.
    Saudi might be.... sure yes sure... Are you going to find enough grass and stadiums. This is also part of the equation. Places where football broke out always had grass and rain. Then little city streets for small skill games.

I am once again talking about NOW. Your projection into the future just BECAUSE OF MONEY is on you. Soccer was huge in Europe city against city organically. And this, if you go back to the beginning of the silliness, is what I am saying. Playing up a league because your favorite players go there is on you and their pocketbook.

Where do you stream these games, what service?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    City ALWAYS had fans in England.
    Just like all the Suadi teams have always had fans in Saudi.

I am once again talking about NOW. Your projection into the future just BECAUSE OF MONEY is on you.
    But that's an unfair comparisson. European football NOW has already conalized the global market thanks to years and years of injecting money. Nobody gave a about European football, outside of Europe, before the Bosman law.

Soccer was huge in Europe city against city organically.
    Just like football was huge organically in Saudi Arabia too for Suadi Arabia fans even before they started spending money in big name stars.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    DAF, your OP has truth to it. In a 500+ years this artificial soccer culture could bloom into reality

Couple issues
    - They need to generate their own home stars. Like megastars. This will result in these Leagues being located in World Cup compe ors

- the Climate. It never changes. Boring for a sport that is year round

- the Politics. The biggest Leagues in Europe are in the most free societies.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    DAF, your OP has truth to it. In a 500+ years this artificial soccer culture could bloom into reality

Couple issues
    - They need to generate their own home stars. Like megastars. This will result in these Leagues being located in World Cup compe ors

- the Climate. It never changes. Boring for a sport that is year round

- the Politics. The biggest Leagues in Europe are in the most free societies.
    Saudi Royal Family plays soccer. Sounds good.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Just like all the Suadi teams have always had fans in Saudi.

But that's an unfair comparisson. European football NOW has already conalized the global market thanks to years and years of injecting money. Nobody gave a about European football, outside of Europe, before the Bosman law.

Just like football was huge organically in Saudi Arabia too for Suadi Arabia fans even before they started spending money in big name stars.
    This is pure and simply wrong and bull .
    A Royal Family has decided they will have this sport.
    But horse racing and professional Golf are also on the top of the list and grown organically in Saudi Arabia.

gtfoh…

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    This is pure and simply wrong and bull .
    A Royal Family has decided they will have this sport.
    But horse racing and professional Golf are also on the top of the list and grown organically in Saudi Arabia.

gtfoh…
    You're being too emotionally obtuse to see the bigger and real picture. You sound like old farts here in South America when Europeans started buying all of our stars. They would say the same type of you are saying now:

"These talentless euros are stealing all of our players to play on that plastic football with their boring fans. They are killing football".

Fast forward to today, football has never been bigger. If Saudi Arabia becomes the most powerful league in the World, it will be exactly the same, only better. More options to watch elite football. They aren't killing . Same thing if the MLS ever becomes elite.

Thread Information