Whoopsie!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maricopa County files notice of claim against the AZ State Senate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cyber Ninjas must respond to requests for information under public records law.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    possible endgame: wrecking US elections in order to seize power for the GOP

Republican efforts questioning the outcome of the 2020 presidential race have led to voting system breaches that election security experts say pose a heightened risk to future elections.

Copies of the Dominion Voting Systems software used to manage elections — from designing ballots to configuring voting machines and tallying results — were distributed at an event this month in South Dakota organized by MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, an ally of former President Donald Trump who has made unsubstantiated claims about last year’s election.

“It’s a game-changer in that the environment we have talked about existing now is a reality,” said Matt Masterson, a former top election security official in the Trump administration. “We told election officials, essentially, that you should assume this information is already out there. Now we know it is, and we don’t know what they are going to do with it.”

The software copies came from voting equipment in Mesa County, Colorado, and Antrim County, Michigan, where Trump allies had sue unsuccessfully challenging the results from last fall.
    https://apnews.com/article/technolog...d713620d764629

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Election security pioneer Harri Hursti was at the South Dakota event and said he and other researchers in attendance were provided three separate copies of election management systems that run on the Dominion software. The data indicated they were from Antrim and Mesa counties. While it’s not clear how the copies came to be released at the event, they were posted online and made available for public download.

The release gives hackers a “practice environment” to probe for vulnerabilities they could exploit and a road map to avoid defenses, Hursti said. All the hackers would need is physical access to the systems because they are not supposed to be connected to the internet.

“The door is now wide open,” Hursti said. “The only question is, how do you sneak in the door?”
    A Dominion representative declined comment, citing an investigation.

U.S. election technology is dominated by just three vendors comprising 90% of the market, meaning election officials cannot easily swap out their existing technology. Release of the software copies essentially provides a blueprint for those trying to interfere with how elections are run. They could sabotage the system, alter the ballot design or even try to change results, said election technology expert Kevin Skoglund.

“This disclosure increases both the likelihood that something happens and the impact of what would happen if it does,” he said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ As somebody that worked in the cyber security sector for a long time, that's not a terrible thing.

Security through obscurity is basically no security at all. Will there be hacks with this information becoming available? Possibly. But ultimately it leads to a much more secure environment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ As somebody that worked in the cyber security sector for a long time, that's not a terrible thing.

Security through obscurity is basically no security at all. Will there be hacks with this information becoming available? Possibly. But ultimately it leads to a much more secure environment.
    forewarned = forearmed

or something like that?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    forewarned = forearmed

or something like that?
    Bend over. I'll in' forearmed ya.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    forewarned = forearmed

or something like that?
    There are well-known mathematical ways to protect and secure digital data that don't involve hiding anything. When working on the security sector, having disclosure and auditing of source code is almost a requirement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cyber Ninjas must respond to requests for information under public records law.
    We didn't really need journalism to tell us the partisan audit would be partisan, but here it is:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3dj...han-we-thought

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arizona Republicans bill taxpayers $128,000 for hosting Trump-backed 'audit' on state fairgrounds

https://www.rawstory.com/arizona-vote-audit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yet more evidence partisan audit is partisan

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    what a ing show this whole thing is

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whatever happened to the "results" of this Fraudit?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    whatever happened to the "results" of this Fraudit?

The cyber ninjas ostensibly got COVID which delayed the release of their report

That was weeks ago though, not sure what the next excuse will be

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the plan was always to stretch this out as long as possible so as to campaign/fundraise off it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

goalpost-moving time!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    goalpost-moving time!
    Morning, fart face. Are you still on the rag?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    the plan was always to stretch this out as long as possible so as to campaign/fundraise off it.
    tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AZ GOP Senators cite "attorney/client privilege" in refusing to hand over communications with the allegedly nonpartisan Cyber Ninjas/

what's to hide, this is a public service right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kookery with brass knuckles

GOP defunding Maricopa

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    kookery with brass knuckles

GOP defunding Maricopa

You do the same damn thing to us, Winester.

What's good for the goose is sauce for that gander.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    forecast: a gale of Republican tears

The team of Arizona Republican state senators, legislative staff, and advisers finalizing the Cyber Ninjas' report on the 2020 presidential election in Maricopa County is preparing to say that Joe Biden legitimately won the election, according to the largest funder of the Senate's mostly privatized election review, former Overstock.com CEO Patrick Byrne.

"The way some of these political RINOs [Republicans In Name Only] are doing this is they're trying to argue that the [election] report should only be allowed to go and address the original construct of the report, the original assignment of the audit, and leave out other things that have been found," Byrne told Creative Destruction Media's L. Todd Wood.

"The political class is going to try to come in and water this down," Byrne said. "The Republican political class, the RINOs, the nobodies… They are going to try to water this down. I am sure they all have been promised federal judgeships or sacks of cash under a streetlight if they can get this killed at this late date or watered down. And I think the public of Arizona should go ballistic."
    Sources in Arizona have said that the state Senate review team was spooked by the possible losses of law licenses looming over Trump's attorneys, as well as stern warnings from the U.S. Department of Justice for possibly using investigative methods that could violate voter intimidation laws. As a result, they have been editing the report drafted by the Senate's lead contractor, Cyber Ninjas, and excising claims and narratives that are speculative rather than factual. This has delayed the report's release until the week of September 20, sources indicated.
    https://www.nationalmemo.com/arizona-audit-results

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fill my Cup of Joe with MAGA tears please!

Thread Information