San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Chump, hey Lambert:

Tell me how my ass tastes?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about a thank you for him taking the time to show you, you ungrateful pube.
    Thank him for what, derp?

There is absolutely nothing that would guarantee prevention of another outage like February.

you don't even know what we're talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does an advisory letter from the Texas Governor have any legally binding power over ERCOT and the PUC?

honest quesion, i don't know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does an advisory letter from the Texas Governor have any legally binding power over ERCOT and the PUC?

He's the governor? I thought he was the king...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what is going to guarantee outages like the one that happened in February from happening again?

In your own words.
    PR campaign to cover up his incompetence.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PR campaign to cover up his incompetence.
    It's not incompetence, grid worked as designed to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I highly doubt it. Will look into it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not incompetence, grid worked as designed to.
    It was designed incompetently?

The risk management was absolutely incompetently mismanaged.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good on Abbott for enforcing the law
    What law?

Do tell the class, and share that wisdom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes in life you have to hunker down and weather the storm. Did you want Abbott to come and hold your hand during the freeze? Are you aware of the legislation he has passed since the freeze?
    Are you aware that governors don't actually pass legislation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes in life you have to hunker down and weather the storm. Did you want Abbott to come and hold your hand during the freeze? Are you aware of the legislation he has passed since the freeze?
    But setting aside a bit of sloppiness with phrasing, perhaps you could explain what exactly the legislation that got passed actually DOES, and how it addresses the problem.

Unless all you have is handwaving, as usual. Pony up or admit you have no ing clue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But setting aside a bit of sloppiness with phrasing, perhaps you could explain what exactly the legislation that got passed actually DOES, and how it addresses the problem.

Unless all you have is handwaving, as usual. Pony up or admit you have no ing clue.
    Qchrisy has great resources at hand (i.e., mom and dad) so he should have an answer for you as soon as they get back from work.

Stay tuned for boom or not.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It worked just as Perry and Abbott intended. They knew this was coming after the rolling blackouts we had in 2011 when it got cold (18F in San Antonio) for one morning.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If you actually read the bills section 2 establishes a commission and that's it, also if 2 people on that commission word at a university the commission is not valid.

Section 3 calls for plans and that's the majority of the bill it just wants submitted emergency plans. Pipeline operators are subject to having to change their facilities though, if they have repeated weatherdifficulties, which the bill doesn't say anything about being retroactive so that means the counter starts now. The real stupid part of section 3 is in the beginning where they say that Texas should establish education on "disaster kits" so already they're giving the game away, passing the buck onto texans for "not being prepared" and admitting power disasters will come. Other than that there is nothing about improving facilities, just energy operators have to produce "plans for bad weather" (paraphrasing). As for the cost thing the state will provide a max price the Energy Operator can charge, but the EO can get that they money lost back if they can prove that they needed it for operations which they definitely will. So it doesn't pass the cost onto the operator, at all. Also it allows for people to apply to be "critical houses" if they are on electricity machines to stay alive. That means literally nothing when a provider has to shut off an entire grid. But it does pass the blame from the fossil fuel industry to the energy company.

As for the water thing, water plants are now "critical infrastructure" which they weren't before? And water companies have to provide plans for giving away water when they're power is cut anyway which SAWS did anyway. Also during a "weather emergency" you can't cut off someone's water, which SAWS said they wouldn't do anyway.

TLDR this is propaganda bull and does nothing to prevent further cold related outages

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

You're viewing this too much based on how it impacted customers and not enough on how it impacted energy billionaires.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you actually read the bills section 2 establishes a commission and that's it, also if 2 people on that commission word at a university the commission is not valid.

Section 3 calls for plans and that's the majority of the bill it just wants submitted emergency plans. Pipeline operators are subject to having to change their facilities though, if they have repeated weatherdifficulties, which the bill doesn't say anything about being retroactive so that means the counter starts now. The real stupid part of section 3 is in the beginning where they say that Texas should establish education on "disaster kits" so already they're giving the game away, passing the buck onto texans for "not being prepared" and admitting power disasters will come. Other than that there is nothing about improving facilities, just energy operators have to produce "plans for bad weather" (paraphrasing). As for the cost thing the state will provide a max price the Energy Operator can charge, but the EO can get that they money lost back if they can prove that they needed it for operations which they definitely will. So it doesn't pass the cost onto the operator, at all. Also it allows for people to apply to be "critical houses" if they are on electricity machines to stay alive. That means literally nothing when a provider has to shut off an entire grid. But it does pass the blame from the fossil fuel industry to the energy company.

As for the water thing, water plants are now "critical infrastructure" which they weren't before? And water companies have to provide plans for giving away water when they're power is cut anyway which SAWS did anyway. Also during a "weather emergency" you can't cut off someone's water, which SAWS said they wouldn't do anyway.

TLDR this is propaganda bull and does nothing to prevent further cold related outages
    Absolute quality post. An informed, reasoned analysis. Rare these days, and kudos.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Absolute quality post. An informed, reasoned analysis. Rare these days, and kudos.
    RG & wrecky, sittin' in a tree...k i s s i n g...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because Thread is on your ignore list.

smh

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because Thread is on your ignore list.

smh
    lmcontrollinao!!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ALL of that ^

had been recommended to be done DECADES AGO!

but texas republi- s refused to do it because

PROFITS

now after scores of dead texas citizens

Nazi Guvna’ is touting this?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "streamline incentives"

Since hole TX dereg of electricity, electricity Capitalists have pocketed $28B above regulated electricity.

not incentive enough?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They work for us on our dime and they want to be activists? Then ing go work a 9-5 at HEB and be the activists yall want to be but not doing your job we're paying for should be a crime!

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They work for us on our dime and they want to be activists? Then ing go work a 9-5 at HEB and be the activists yall want to be but not doing your job we're paying for should be a crime!
    how much do you think they make

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how much do you think they make
    Well those in the house make what $147k a yr so I'd say our local reps make less. Either way IDC how much they make as long as they take $0.01 of our tax money they work for us and not the other way around! their dumbass activism and those that make excuses for them too.

Thread Information