Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Niners have a ridiculous dearth of D-line depth.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Why is Gruden doing this?
    uses preseason to make bottom of roster calls, not to showcase starters. he usually holds them out to prevent injury. i'm not sure carr has ever take a preseason snap since gruden took over

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    uses preseason to make bottom of roster calls, not to showcase starters. he usually holds them out to prevent injury. i'm not sure carr has ever take a preseason snap since gruden took over
    I understand in theory. My issue is most the bottom of the roster guys won't make the roster/see the field. And guys that will fill in are forced to showcase outside the roles they might fill. On offense you could just play some of the 1st team and showcase guys on the roster bubble. If the unit is being bulldozed by opponents 1st team then what sort of barometer is that beyond "He doesn't quit and fights".

Would be interesting to see how Raiders have performed in relation to the spread the first few weeks of the season, under him.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Niners have a ridiculous dearth of D-line depth.
    The other day I finally discussed some NFL with 49er fans. I downplayed how good we are but in comparison to the SB team, I think we are solidly better on paper. Except for the secondary and possibly linebacker. Every other unit is better and deeper. Defensive line might take a little bit into the season until Bosa is back in rhythm.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The other day I finally discussed some NFL with 49er fans. I downplayed how good we are but in comparison to the SB team, I think we are solidly better on paper. Except for the secondary and possibly linebacker. Every other unit is better and deeper. Defensive line might take a little bit into the season until Bosa is back in rhythm.
    Secondary is what will keep the Niners from beating the Bucs imo.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Secondary is what will keep the Niners from beating the Bucs imo.
    Agreed. We haven't even been hit with injuries yet and it's still the weak link.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    "And Kyle just mind effed with the whole league. He knows exactly what he was doing. Whether he actually uses Trey that much, remains to be seen. But he just made every DC have to devote time to preparing to see it that much."

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count

Thread Information