Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Wow, United didn’t want Ronaldo at all, only caved in to pressure from City:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...atest-21434369

“Manchester United moved for Cristiano Ronaldo as they could not bear the prospect of him joining Manchester City. United had no intention of moving for Ronaldo but the Glazers feared another backlash from United followers if Ronaldo was allowed to join City without interference.”

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Wow, United didn’t want Ronaldo at all, only caved in to pressure from City:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...atest-21434369

“Manchester United moved for Cristiano Ronaldo as they could not bear the prospect of him joining Manchester City. United had no intention of moving for Ronaldo but the Glazers feared another backlash from United followers if Ronaldo was allowed to join City without interference.”
    Theu didnt want to pay his wages, that’s different

But the pressure from City and the PR redemption tour MU has been on after the protests pushed them over the edge

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Ronaldo is in Manchester to progress them in the UCL and in that shockingly weak group he will succeed. Possibly even drawing a soft opponent in the Knockout as group winners

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    GOATnaldo and his agent played this whole situation masterfully tbh. He never actually intended to join City but merely use the club as a smokescreen through the media to force United's hand.

It's well known how obsessed he is with his legacy. Joining City or midget at PSG would stain his legacy for obvious reasons.

The GOAT out here playing chess, not checkers.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    He can still score we know that.
    Now that they have Varane in back as well it could work.
    Or they could very well keep other teams in the game with Ronaldo's total lack of any kind of pressing D.
    They will have to use him against the right teams at the right times or giant holes will remain to bring the ball into.
    And England is so much more running than Italy and position.

They may ask Ronaldo to help guys like Greenwood and Rashford in workout sessions. That certainly would not hurt.
    If MU puts Ronaldo next to Cavani... this would be great comedy for more than 20 minutes. Especially if they plan on something this early with the heat still on.

But there is no doubt both parties love each other. The blatant non celebration after Ronaldo scored against MU while on Juve... I had a big wtf? moment and then I remembered. The Alex Ferguson of today could never coach the Ronaldo of today but they still have remained in touch with each other. And Bruno Fernandez begging to get him. Cant wait for Bruno to throw a temper tantrum when he makes a ty pass to Ronaldo and blames it on, Ronaldo.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    To think we were this close of getting a Messi-Ronaldo Manchester derby.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Then again, if Messi had gone to City, Ronaldo probably ends in PSG.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Ronaldo with 2 clutch late goals in the 89th and and 96th to win the game for Portugal
    he is also the all time best international scorer

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Ronaldo with 2 clutch late goals in the 89th and and 96th to win the game for Portugal
    he is also the all time best international scorer
    Irish defender just fell to his knees in reaction. I clicked on highlights and expected 1 but definitely not 2.

IMO Ronaldo had more faults than Messi but greater highs. My GOAT.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    GOAT doing GOAT things Clutchest player of his generation

His positioning and tactical awareness are still elite and will always be there, even after the athletic decline.

The way he just barely positioned himself back in an onside position for the 2nd goal, after the initial cross was blocked, quickly positioning himself in front of the defender to win the header, was masterfully done.
    Last edited by Bynumite; 09-02-2021 at 01:51 AM.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Clearly offside on the 2nd goal... also rare he didn't blame a teammate after missing that penaldo, tbh

Thread Information