View Poll Results: Two weeks left. Finalize your answer!

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Franz Wagner

23 27.71%
  • Moses Moody

5 6.02%
  • Alperen Sengun

23 27.71%
  • Kai Jones

9 10.84%
  • Josh Giddey

4 4.82%
  • Jalen Johnson

12 14.46%
  • Jaden Springer

0 0%
  • Usman Garuba

1 1.20%
  • Keon Johnson

3 3.61%
  • James Bouknight

3 3.61%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lock in your votes, people.

Did you change your mind once again?

Jalen Johnson gained the most fans after a month. Josh Giddey & Moses Moody both lost the most fans after a month. See below.

*Note* Jaden Springer was an addition to Poll 2 replacing Corey Kispert from Poll 1.

I will *not* be removing James Bouknight from this third and final poll even though he received zero votes in Poll 2 simply because I don't see a suitable replacement. But also because I don't want to upset @alfahdlan.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 07-16-2021 at 09:36 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still sticking with Kai Jones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun or Kispert.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Franz. He’s got the length, to play 3 or 4 though I prefer he plays the former so KJ can slide down to 3. From everything everyone’s posts on here, seems like he’d be a very good glue guy. Maybe we could do a lot better than a glue guy considering where the franchise is at right now, but that’s not such a bad thing. If he could become an Andre Igoudala type, that wouldn’t be so bad. Igguodala wasn’t very good at being the franchise player, but those pre-KD Dubs teams wouldn’t have won les without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klutch Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klutch....the lowest of the low

True s

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, Wagner has better lateral quickness on defense than I was expecting. I can see why posters are high on him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I‘m missing Ziaire Williams in the poll. One of Johnson, Williams, Jones, Sengun if the Spurs stay at #12

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they lose Murray on a trade, then they should draft Wagner as replacement. If not, then draft Jalen as potential star .

What I want the PATFO to make:
    S&T Demar for players and a pick. Trade haul and Murray for Collins. Pick Duarte and Wagner.
    Derrick/Duarte/Keldon/Collins/Poeltl. Wagner/Trae as backup PG

Or if they think they can fix Simmons:
    S&T Demar/Murray for Simmons. Sign Lauri as stretch big.
    Simmons/White/Vassel/Keldon/Lauri. Draft Jalen as potential star.

What I think PATFO will do:
    Resigns Demar and Mills. Draft Wagner/Sengun or BPA and sign Lauri
    Last edited by John B; 07-17-2021 at 05:56 AM.

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since Ademola Okulaja played for the Spurs twenty years ago (just SL, they wanted to sign for 2 yrs, but he already signed at Barca!), I am waiting for a german Spur...

So give me Wagner! But I think he will be gone at 12

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    voted for wagner but tbh him, sengun, moody and probably johnson wont be available at #12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    voted for wagner but tbh him, sengun, moody and probably johnson wont be available at #12.
    who is the best project overall from this group?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd put them in this order

Wagner
    Moody
    Sengun
    Johnson

But you can make viable arguments for any of them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1a/1b Moody/Bouknight
    3 Wagner
    4 Jalen Johnson
    5 Sengun
    6/7/8 Keon Johnson/Ziaire Williams/Garuba

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wagner
    moody
    sengun
    johnson

im not a fan of the rest from the poll and id prefer to trade down to get trey murphy and/or duarte

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s only so many teams ahead of the spurs and so many players that can rise beyond 12

Top 6 seems to be pretty consistent in some order to be Cade-Green-Mobley-Suggs-Kuminga-Barnes

The next picks get a little murky but in the 7-10 range there’s a good chance Mitc , Bouknight, Keon Johnson, and Moody are off the board. Players can rise, someone could leap into the top 10 like Franz, Jalen Johnson, maybe someone makes a potential pick on Kai Jones.

but that leaves Charlotte at 11 before the spurs. Insider types like the Kai Jones fit with Lamelo, it seems to make sense from a roster standpoint.

Spurs in my mind will have a choice between Sengun, Jalen, Franz and Giddey. Some buzz they like Jackson as well from what I’ve seen. If say Jalen starts rising on draft night, then swap his name with Franz. If Sengun for some reason rises on draft night, flip him with Kai. Basically no matter what happens it looks to me like the spurs will have a solid pick at 12.

For potential, fit, and just BPA I’d take Sengun. He will likely be on the board, has an incredible feel for the game, plays hard, plays big, has a nose for the ball. From the limited information I can gather as some jackass writing a draft evaluation on my phone, I like what I see and I like it a lot.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The drafting choice boils down to the goal. Do you want to merely get back into playoffs? Or you want to win a championship? If Championship is the goal, you pick the high risk high reward guy - Kai Jones. Jones at his ceiling will be a super star - A Kevin Garnet with Duncan's character and leadership. 3 point shooting, rim runner, fast break, shot blocking, switchibility on defense.

Barns? Sengun? No 3 pt shooting yet. How many guys were drafted and hoped to develop 3 pt shooting and failed? So, lesson #1, you don't want to gamble on 3 pt shooting. Jones at least has it already, even though not high volume.

Jalen Johnson? I don't want another Steven Jackson, Jonathan Simmons or even Kobe Bryant. Remember Kobe could have won 6 les with Shaq. Lesson #2, you don't gamble with character. That thing cannot be developed in 10 years. Adequate ego means compe ive and rise at the moment. But too much ego or selfishness will harm the team's cohesion badly. After all, basketball is a team sport. From the interview, Jones had Duncan's humbleness ,work ethic and wisdom. Manu is another great example. Duncan+Manu+Pop = Multiple Championships.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The drafting choice boils down to the goal. Do you want to merely get back into playoffs? Or you want to win a championship? If Championship is the goal, you pick the&nbsp; high risk high reward guy - Kai Jones. Jones at his ceiling will be a super star - A Kevin Garnet with Duncan's character and leadership. 3 point shooting, rim runner, fast break, shot blocking, switchibility on defense.<br><br>Barns? Sengun? No 3 pt shooting yet. How many guys were drafted and hoped to develop 3 pt shooting and failed? So, lesson #1, you don't want to gamble on 3 pt shooting. Jones at least has it already, even though not high volume.&nbsp;<br><br>Jalen Johnson? I don't want another Steven Jackson, Jonathan Simmons or even Kobe Bryant. Remember Kobe could have won 6 les with Shaq. Lesson #2, you don't gamble with character. That thing cannot be developed in 10 years. Adequate ego means compe ive and rise at the moment. But too much ego or selfishness will harm the team's cohesion badly.&nbsp; After all, basketball is a team sport. From the interview, Jones had Duncan's humbleness ,work ethic and wisdom. Manu is another great example. Duncan+Manu+Pop = Multiple Championships.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think from the above list they will only be 2 players still there when we draft so at least won’t have to many people ing when they don’t pick there guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think from the above list they will only be 2 players still there when we draft so at least won’t have to many people ing when they don’t pick there guy.
    At least 5 players from OP's list will be there at 12.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At a minimum 4 will be available. Cade, Mobley, Suggs, green, Kuminga, and Barnes all go ahead of this list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it very strange that we still have yet to hear about any confirmed Franz Wagner workouts.

He’s in a group with Cade, Suggs, Mobley and Green from what I can tell ie. consensus lottery talent with unsubstantiated nba team meetings.
    That’s your likely top 4 + Franz.

He doesn’t attend the combine. Gets a green room invite….

The “Kings Promise” makes some sense but even prospects like Barnes and Kuminga are meeting with/working out for teams lower than their projected draft position.

Perhaps some more in the know can shed some light on this…

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it very strange that we still have yet to hear about any confirmed Franz Wagner workouts.

He’s in a group with Cade, Suggs, Mobley and Green from what I can tell ie. consensus lottery talent with unsubstantiated nba team meetings.
    That’s your likely top 4 + Franz.

He doesn’t attend the combine. Gets a green room invite….

The “Kings Promise” makes some sense but even prospects like Barnes and Kuminga are meeting with/working out for teams lower than their projected draft position.

Perhaps some more in the know can shed some light on this…

Thread Information