Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    SouthKorea
    Post Count
    if american handegg gets outlawed due to cte every school in america would need to find a sport to continue using the fields.........in comes soccer...........the influx of talent would put american players above everyone..........messi would be an afterthought america would have over 30 messi type players..........would all of u bend the knee to the mls & usmnt.............usa would make the rules

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    SouthKorea
    Post Count
    whats funny? american handegg is fighting against cte in the court of law banning is a real possibility..........the elite athletes would gravitate to basketball & soccer

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    They had a legit shot 2002-2014 of winning a WC or going much further than they did.
    There was some shady stuff that stopped it too. Europe would've been out of billions of dollars.
    Since then, MLS and US Soccer has done a good enough job of sabotaging itself; no intervention needed.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Ceiling would be an uber athletic defensive team. Still would be held back by facing mediocre compe ion regionally.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    If they gave half a then yes, America would dominate by virtue of endless athleticism and resources. Fortunately for all of you our culture frowns on these lesser sports

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Football is more about natural born talent than it is about athleticism imo. Athleticism will only take you so far if you don't possess top tier technical ability, specially the further you go down the pitch.

Maradona was a chubby midget and managed to have a GOAT level career

The widely considered GOAT team (Barca circa 2010) was comprised of a bunch of highly skilled midgets.

Also, people like to talk about Ronaldo as an example of hard work and training. Like any athlete could be the next Ronaldo if they simply trained as much as him. Even Ronaldo has 1 in a million level skill. The most athletic hood you can find in america could train as much as Ronaldo and still not even be good enough to make some ty mls team.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Alot of this American arrogance stems from NFL. Which for all intents and purposes no one else in the World plays. Americans have almost been matched in Baseball and still lag behind Canada and Russia in hockey. Basketball has seen a sharp dip in the past decade.

I think American athletes especially suffer from the massive explosion in athlete salaries. If you kook at soccer and baseball, alot of these guys come from hard social atmospheres, hard upbringings or were cast away like Lewandowski in his early 20s. American athletes are most susceptible to the social media virus.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Some infrastructure would be needed. Quality coaching from young age and top clubs too. As of now, it doesn’t seem probable. Few American players are big stars in top leagues.

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Still would be held back by facing mediocre compe ion regionally.
    MLS not doing relegation hurts much more than CONCACAF not being more quality, tbh.

Our players need to face more urgency.

Though if enough of our players are playing in Europe, that could be a moot point.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Ceiling would be an uber athletic defensive team.
    02 was a great team on balance. Some weakness in sustaining the attack in the final third, else that Ballack hand ball no call might not have done us in.
    10 Weakness at center back cost us a quarterfinal.
    14 Belgium were the better team; but we were supposed to win that Round of 16 match-up thanks to an all-time effort from Tim Howard. That team had enough depth to be a solid dark horse. Jurgen f'd it all up and destroyed trust in Euro coaches.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Too bad

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Well, it's the women's play. None of that counts on the official ledger.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

She didn't even start the last match. Came on after halftime. Imagine being her teammate

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

She didn't even start the last match. Came on after halftime. Imagine being her teammate
    Again, women's soccer doesn't count. But

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    You have to start young because this requires a lot of 3-D skill.
    add to that being athletic helps a whole lot.
    Starting young and having a lot of people participate and keep honing the skills?

this is not happening in the US

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    You have to start young because this requires a lot of 3-D skill.
    add to that being athletic helps a whole lot.
    Starting young and having a lot of people participate and keep honing the skills?

this is not happening in the US
    It helps; but it's not a full-on necessity.

The bigger problem is that US soccer not attracting the four and five star athletes.

I still think the lack of relegation real f*cks with the mindset also. Too much en lement. Too much arrogance.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    You live in a delusional alternate reality when it comes to soccer...

The dynamics that created the likes of Messi, Diego, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo or any of the European stars are actually produced by cultures that LIVE and BREATHE football. From the moment that the kids that are born into these nations start walking, they are already dribbling soccer balls and honing their skills... millions of kids are on a similar boat but very few actually have the talent (vision) and work ethic to refine their craft - those few, select kids are the ones that make it through... some kids may even have both of these qualities, but aren't given the opportunity to develop further for various reasons - chief amongst which is lack of financial stability.

Here in the U.S. even if sports such as baseball, football or basketball didn't exist most kids aren't being developed by the same dynamics that are creating these megastar soccer players in those other "footballing-is-life" nations... so the outright conclusion that U.S. athletes would somehow get the country to the front of the line in terms of soccer dominance is not a given. There are many 1st-world nations, with great footballing pedigrees and where "soccer is king" (and even where many of their best athletes are elite soccer players) AND EVEN then, these nations aren't guaranteed dominance over poorer nations. Soccer takes a certain kind of skill, and that type of skill is usually produced by a hard life - and the type of perseverance that such cir stances engender. Most soccer players in the U.S., however, actually come from affluent families that have the time and resources to register their kids into programs such as the ODP (Olympic Development Program) or other similar development programs. Such programs can only do so much.

Since the developmental dynamics are completely different... so too are the results.
    Last edited by Phenomanul; 07-23-2021 at 06:24 PM.

My Team
    SouthKorea
    Post Count
    You live in a delusional alternate reality when it comes to soccer...

The dynamics that created the likes of Messi, Diego, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo or any of the European stars are actually produced by cultures that LIVE and BREATHE football. From the moment that the kids that are born into these nations start walking, they are already dribbling soccer balls and honing their skills... millions of kids are on a similar boat but very few actually have the talent (vision) and work ethic to refine their craft - those few, select kids are the ones that make it through... some kids may even have both of these qualities, but aren't given the opportunity to develop further for various cir stances.

Here in the U.S. even if sports such as baseball, football or basketball didn't exist most kids aren't being developed by the same dynamics that are creating these megastar soccer players in those other "footballing-is-life" nations... so the conclusion that U.S. athletes would somehow get to the front of the line is not a given. There are many 1st-world nations where "soccer is life" (and many of their best athletes are elite soccer players) even then, these nations aren't guaranteed dominance over poorer nations. Soccer takes a certain kind of skill, and that type of skill is usually produced by a hard life - and the type of perseverance that such cir stances engender. Most soccer players in the U.S., however, actually come from affluent families that have the time and resources to register their kids into programs such as the ODP (Olympic Development Program) or other similar programs.

Since the developmental dynamics are completely different... so too are the results.
    there are high school players all across america who run sub 4 4 forties cant teach speed u can teach ball skills.........no team would beat america.......there would be no more 5 foot messies or skinny ronaldos dominating

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    there are high school players all across america who run sub 4 4 forties cant teach speed u can teach ball skills.........no team would beat america.......there would be no more 5 foot messies or skinny ronaldos dominating
    Umm Messi and other skillful players such as Xavi, Iniesta, and even Diego are/were great precisely because they are/were short. Having a low center of gravity greatly enhances a player's balance so that they are able to shift directions quickly without loosing control of the ball.

Also, game speed and sprinting speed and ball-controlling speed are not the same thing. Clearly, you do not understand the game.

Thread Information