Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Position and need always plays into it. BPA is a myth other than very select areas of the draft.
    I'd need to look further bc I am barely into the first round atm. I've read a lot comments but not really done my own work of watching film, but I expect them to grab some shooting if they don't draft someone with a proven shot. Also, a project big is likely if they don't draft one in the first round. Many of their recent second rounders have been bigs, Cady Lalane, Metu, Bertans, etc, and they successfully recently developed undrafted Eubanks. Why another big? Bc who expects Lyles back? Is Rudy going to be back? He might be up to ring chasing and it's a good moment for his career to take that turn before he's fully done. What is Samanic really? Is he going to be ready to play? And if he is, Is he a shooting big? Is Dieng going to sign elsewhere? I think wherever he signs he would want to play, with the Spurs can be be assured he won't be set aside to develop projects like the Grizzlies did?

There's too many questions and while a second round pick likely will not solve them, having a project big for the future is still worth it. Unless they draft a big in the first round, they likely grab one in the second. But this one is looking like a draft where they'll get a big in the first, which brings me back to shooting.

Interested to see fans suggestions.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 07-20-2021 at 06:48 PM. Reason: My kindle is horrible with the autoedits

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vrenz Bleijenbergh looks intriguing as a point forward and has a decent three point shot. I think he’s like a 6’11 wing.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grimes
    JRE
    Wieskamp
    Champaigne (either twin, but Julian more)
    Thor
    Brandon Boston
    Deuce McBride
    Brown

JRE would be incredible, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WING PLAYERS
    Joe Weiskamp (Iowa)
    Juhann Begaran (France)
    Yves Pons (Tennessee)
    Kessler Edwards (Pepperdine)

BIGS
    EJ Onu (Div2)
    Filip Petrusev (Lithuanian)
    Isaiah Todd (G League)

these guys should or have a good chance of being available around our 2nd round pick or undrafted who I would like to see us try and get

Sam Hauser (UVA) most likely undrafted
    Last edited by D-Robinson 50 fan; 07-20-2021 at 07:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Weiskamp (my personal favorite but has been rising on a lot of some boards)
    2. Grimes ( dude can play defense and shoot, we need that if we say so long to patty mills)
    3. BJ Boston (a big guard but we could always use one in the G-League to bring up someday in case one of ours leaves or gets traded)
    4. JRE (great motor and rebounding. His stock is rising as well)
    5. Brown from Texas ( has defensive potential - a project)
    6. Luca Garza (player of the year ..a bit early at 41 but he didnt get that award for nothing. We can make it work.)

One of these guys should be available at 41 and would make a valuable addition to the spurs at a reasonable cost.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grimes
    JRE
    Wieskamp
    Thor
    Brandon Boston
    Deuce McBride
    Brown

I think Julian Champagne announced he is returning to school

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wieskamp is one of those guys that really benefited from participating at the combine, and also showed the shortcomings of the eye test. Every single scouting report I read on him before the combine said the same thing: great shooter, not a great athlete. Then he registered a 42" vertical and the fourth fastest lane agility time of the 55 players participating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grimes
    JRE
    Wieskamp
    Thor
    Brandon Boston
    Deuce McBride
    Brown

I think Julian Champagne announced he is returning to school
    Julian decided to go back, Justin still in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don’t see how Filip shouldn’t be the pick if he’s there. Already plays like a pro. I would be more excited about our 2nd rd pick if he was the pick than whoever we select at 12 lol

Last edited by Dejounte; 07-20-2021 at 08:36 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka Garza. Then we could have the twin luka Towers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don’t see how Filip shouldn’t be the pick if he’s there. Already plays like a pro. I would be more excited about our 2nd rd pick if he was the pick than whoever we select at 12 lol

His offense is legit and he would definitely help us when we needed to get some baskets he definitely could play with Poodle or take some of his minutes. As far as who I want well it's been Wisekamp since day 1 to me he is very close to Wagner and your getting that in the second round which is why I doubt he will be there for us.

As far as this draft I actually think they will be a higher number of second rounders that make teams and have a impact then in most drafts. We could actually possibly get a starting player or a really good sixth man this is a deep draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will never forget Jack McClinton. The Spurs took a chance on him in the second round, yet he asked to be waived so he could sign with another team for training camp. He never set foot in the NBA ever since.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moody in the 1st and Queta in the 2nd would be a great draft in my eyes

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thor, if he’s not available, Herbert Jones.

great smallball 3-4. Can defend very well, great ball handler. Think poor man’s Boris Diaw. Just needs to improve his shot which isn’t broken.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will never forget Jack McClinton. The Spurs took a chance on him in the second round, yet he asked to be waived so he could sign with another team for training camp. He never set foot in the NBA ever since.
    I remember that. RC even did a press conference showing off his jersey. Weird situation.
    Last edited by The Truth #6; 07-21-2021 at 10:03 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe we could find a guard with above-average wingspan and no jumpshot....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A guy like Aaron Henry would be interesting. He has deficiencies, but is defense-positive, Izzo is a nice coach, and he's athletic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Second round probably has to be a shooter unless someone like JRE or Thor or some other dynamic player I can’t think of (lol) drops.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Raiquan Gray is a possibility. They must have seen a bunch of him when scouting Vassell.

He's been compared to pj Tucker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charles Bassey!
    If Grimes and wieskamp aren’t available I’d get Bassey

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WING PLAYERS
    Joe Weiskamp (Iowa)
    Juhann Begaran (France)
    Yves Pons (Tennessee)
    Kessler Edwards (Pepperdine)

BIGS
    EJ Onu (Div2)
    Filip Petrusev (Lithuanian)
    Isaiah Todd (G League)

these guys should or have a good chance of being available around our 2nd round pick or undrafted who I would like to see us try and get

Sam Hauser (UVA) most likely undrafted
    I like the list my guys I highlighted and I would say that I am a little intrigued with EJ Onu - nice find but need to watch more film but that 7'8 wing span Geez and I would also add:

Vrenz Bleijenbergh

​​​

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taking chances on a bunch of 2nd round picks is usually not the best option financially, but with all of the cap space the Spurs have available I'd rather see them pay a couple of longshots rather than throw a big contract at someone who will be overpayed. We're not winning a le next year anyway. Grabbing a Wieskamp + a Thor + a Robinson-Earl and storing them in the G league to see if one really excels would be cool with me... Analyzing the draft currently seems to be this FO's greatest strength. Why not give them a few extra shots at it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the list my guys I highlighted and I would say that I am a little intrigued with EJ Onu - nice find but need to watch more film but that 7'8 wing span Geez and I would also add:

Vrenz Bleijenbergh

​​​
    I think Vrenz will be gone early 2nd round and we will not have a shot at getting him. The guys I listed are dudes I think will still be around with our 2nd pick is up.

if Vrenz is there I definitely think the Spurs should grab him though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taking chances on a bunch of 2nd round picks is usually not the best option financially, but with all of the cap space the Spurs have available I'd rather see them pay a couple of longshots rather than throw a big contract at someone who will be overpayed. We're not winning a le next year anyway. Grabbing a Wieskamp + a Thor + a Robinson-Earl and storing them in the G league to see if one really excels would be cool with me... Analyzing the draft currently seems to be this FO's greatest strength. Why not give them a few extra shots at it?
    Great point!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d go either international or older college kid with good pedigree (Jones model).

Thread Information