Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure df. Probably made E-3 and got kicked out for not cooking eggs properly.
    That would be me.
    Starting at age ten, I drink the dregs of beer kegs (think brewers' yeast) at bedtime, and about once a week, crack an egg into the mug.
    Age 13, at camp somewhere near Stuttgart, ordealing for Order of the Arrow:
    early morning, first given a tin cup with milk, then an egg, ...
    But before given a third item, I had cracked the egg into the cup and drank it.
    Then they gave me a match. "Where's the egg?"
    Pantomimed what happened.
    Conference of leaders.
    "Here's another egg. Cook it properly... but you can't eat it."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need 9 rotational players for a playoff team. The Spurs have White and Poeltl. Given, any team, they would get minutes. Murray is a maybe, depending on what stars the team has built around them.

Johnson is likely ready by next season.
    Vassell is probably 2 seasons away. He has everything a team wants.
    Walker is a big question mark. His game might age well when he matures in the game.

Obviously, Gay and DDR are too. But for DDR it's the price of a contract that comes with it.
    As far as under 30 goes, who wouldn't championship teams potentially want?

PG: Murray (not there yet, but his shooting is improving unlike someone in Philly)/Tre (he was a rookie with little minutes but his skillset has upside as a backup PG)
    SG: White (he just needs to be healthy consistently tbh)/Walker (the upside is there but he's definitely a question mark)
    SF: Vassell (really good 3&D prospect just hasn't gotten consistent minutes yet bc he was a rookie)
    PF: Keldon (the 3 point shot is getting better, big and strong, bullies opposing players. You see how he's doing with the Olympic team early on)/Luka (prototypical what you want at the 4 we just have to see how he develops)
    C: Poeltl (I guess you could argue he's not a starter on a championship team bc he can't shoot, but I definitely think he could play a big role on one.)

Most of these guys are a good bit younger though. When you're 28/29 you know what you have in a player. 23/24 not so much always.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no one that knows anything about basketball thinks any spurs players is good. most of them are average and only Keldon has potential to be very good. People thinkin every single season how Murray, White and Poeltl are gonna be good players are ing re ed.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no one that knows anything about basketball thinks any spurs players is good. most of them are average and only Keldon has potential to be very good. People thinkin every single season how Murray, White and Poeltl are gonna be good players are ing re ed.
    Those three are playoff rotational players for most teams. And they all on good contracts.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those three are playoff rotational players for most teams. And they all on good contracts.
    yes, their limit will be that they are a role player. None of them will ever be an all star or a difference maker. On a serious team they get 10 min a game in the playoffs and thats it... Well, Poeltl gets 0.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have some off and on talent but other than Keldon none seems primed to take next step and with a farce of a FO that did not get rid of either DDR or Aldridge for anything and a retired in place/stubborn coach the future is not bright. Unless a big move is made Spurs stuck as a 8-12 level WC team for years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes, their limit will be that they are a role player. None of them will ever be an all star or a difference maker. On a serious team they get 10 min a game in the playoffs and thats it... Well, Poeltl gets 0.
    So incredibly false. All three would be a rotational player in the vast majority of playoff teams.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray and Walker clearly have potential.
    I don't know what's going on there; but I figure Gregg gummed up the works.

The people who are getting excited about Derrick White are the same people who were getting excited about George Hill, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, I liked Keldon in college and I've seen some good things from him.
    But again, I think Gregg gums up the works.
    I try not to get too high as long as Gregg is steering the ship.
    Dude threw away the 2013 chip FFS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. I did read on spurstalk last week that Derrick white was an excellent playmaker Crofl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh. And we're stacked at rebounding too

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If thats how u feel then....bye...you'll be missed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh. And we're stacked at rebounding too
    21st in rebounding last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs need another post option, a reliable one. But i guess they love picking guards. And might draft the guy from oz

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs need another post option, a reliable one. But i guess they love picking guards. And might draft the guy from oz
    Gay getting old. They need a wing.

Walker needed to be hardcore developed from the word go. He could've been their Booker. No way he can fulfill that capacity at this point though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey rookie, when you get 20k posts you can reply to my . Dejounte sucks like your posts
    Who gives a flying what your post count is, debbie downer.

Suicide hotlines exist for people like you. Call those instead of posting your emo thoughts on here. Thanks in advance.

Thread Information