Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's great, cause it's most likely a sign and trade. Makes the Spurs better and the Lakers worse. Win/win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow. GTFO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow. GTFO.
    He's near the end of his prime. He should have a goal of winning a le and it's easy to see that the Spurs are no where near winning a le. In fact, without him, they are unlikely to make the playoffs and would likely end up as one of the worst teams in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even Demar is tired of trying to be the centerpiece of mediocre teams. Good for him.

dude is a super sub on a good team that can bench him as soon as his lapses start to flare up.

Spurs will be markedly improved in his absence and everyone will say “who could have seen this coming”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd be a terrible fit. He can't play off the ball and is a nonexistent three-point shooter, not to mention he's one of the worst defenders in the league. All the more reason to want the Lakers to acquire him.
    You know that's not true, right? That you're just spewing bull ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking forward to the Spurs being better without him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar is a great scorer and has proven to be clutch at times, but he doesn’t fit here. Great guy seems like, but his whining to the refs would piss me off and seemed to always come at the wrong time. He helped keep the Spurs compe ive somewhat, but he doesn’t have what it takes to be the “man” on a team. Not in my opinion.

Spurs should be calling teams and his agent to see how they can work a S&T deal.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good luck to wherever you go next, Demar.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. He will take a number that allows them to stay under the hard cap. Something like 18million.
    They also will need the midlevel to sign other player(s) to fill out the roster. So imagine it would be a S&T.

Alternative would be signing Demar with MLE if he even takes it (and then being hard capped) and trading Kuzma/KCP/etc. for others to fill out roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Listening to the podcast, it sounds like he already has one foot out the door. Talked about Pop and the Spurs very much in the past tense...it was great teaching and learning from the young guys, I enjoyed playing for Pop, etc.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should've never been traded here in the first place.

Career loser and he'll prove it again wherever he goes.

Spurs get better even if it's not a S&T.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow. GTFO.
    I'm just hoping that he'll work with the Spurs to get a good haul on a S&T for him. I mean there's no bad blood with the organization, so I feel he will be cooperative to help the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm torn as to whether a S&T or letting him walk is the best move for the Spurs.
    The cap space might be more valuable than Kuzma and whatever else is added. Also, would the Spurs even consider working with the Lakers? I doubt it.
    3-way trade w/Atlanta makes more sense for Spurs. Not sure the Hawks want that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great news

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow. GTFO.
    How is this BREAKING? lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Demar wants more than the MLE the Spurs are going to need to agree to an S&T. My guess is they won't accept Kuzma and whatever other garbage the Lakers dangle in front of them, so it's going to probably have to involve a third team somehow.

Not sure how the Lakers are thinking they'll swing Lowry and DeRozan, but maybe that's the third team that could make it all work. Toronto owes us a solid for that championship so maybe they'd have something we want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking forward to this breaking news being posted on the front page of Spurs talk in 4 days. This is great news for all. He wants to sign with a contender and there are few if any contenders with adequate cap space to sign him (maybe Miami) so if he wants more than the MLE he will need to work with us and it appears both sides are on great terms and motivated to get a deal done. Our organization has no liability if it’s not the right deal so hopefully they can show the last few years were bad luck versus terrible management. This new GM gets a chance to prove his worth while Pop hopefully loses your country the gold and puts the nail in the coffin in an otherwise polished career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really hoping it's the Warriors than the Lakers as our S&T partner. I want the #14 pick, as Duarte could be gone at #22.

Unless the Spurs could send the Lakers haul to a 3rd party for a better pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This could mean the spurs go with a guard in the draft imo who’s the spurs creators White & DJ? That definitely won’t be good enough lol

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is kuzma a terrible player?
    He's statistically pretty well below average, he's 26 so he's as good as he'll ever be, and he thinks he's a star in the making. What is so enticing about someone who sucks now, has zero upside, and is Trump level delusional?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking forward to the Spurs being better without him.
    They're not going to be better without him, which is fine because might as well tank when your ceiling is playing .500 ball.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, Spurs are going to end up getting 0 for both Aldridge and Derozan. Absolutely pathetic

At least Detrash will finally be off of the team, no thanks to the ty front office

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're not going to be better without him, which is fine because might as well tank when your ceiling is playing .500 ball.
    This.

My guess is that the Spurs won't make it to 30 wins next year (perhaps not even close) unless they magically land a star. Demar led the Spurs to be a middle of the pack team, but now they'll truly be in that tank mode that so many folks wanted to see. The 2022 draft pick might be top 5.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Demar wants more than the MLE the Spurs are going to need to agree to an S&T. My guess is they won't accept Kuzma and whatever other garbage the Lakers dangle in front of them, so it's going to probably have to involve a third team somehow.

Not sure how the Lakers are thinking they'll swing Lowry and DeRozan, but maybe that's the third team that could make it all work. Toronto owes us a solid for that championship so maybe they'd have something we want.
    Per Woj, the Lakers have called a lot of teams wanting to trade Kuzma and KCP as the package. I don’t mind Kuzma because he has potential, but I think LeBron being there messed stalled that potential a bit of that makes sense. If the Lakers wanna do a S&T they have to include THT.

Toronto has issues of their own. Lowry is wanting to leave and so is Siakam according to the rumors on the net. If true then maybe a three team deal involving Siakam and DeMar can be worked out somehow.

Thread Information