Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what stat sites others follow and favor here, but I find the RAPTOR ratings on fivethirtyeight.com to be one of the better ones, and the way DeRozan rates defensively on there is pretty stunning, even for a guy with a rep as a mediocre defender. As a SF, he rates as the 85th best defender out of 87 players. In their defensive ranking for all positions with a minimum of 1086 minutes played, he ranks 238th out of 250 players. According to 82games.com the Spurs give up 117.9 pts per 100 possessions with DeRozan on the floor and 108.6 with him off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laker fans are salivating now thinking he'd take a paycut means he'd take the MLE or the vet min to sign there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good, GTFO. The worst name only star player we've ever rostered. Such hollow stats.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm thinking there is no way he gets to LA. I mean, possibly there could be a sign and trade, which is the only way for him to get paid what he would want and get to LA, but do the Spurs want anything that the Lakers have and would they want to absorb any of that salary? My guess is no. Maybe if the Lakers can somehow unprotect their pick and put there draft pick for this year on the table, but that's not the greatest draft pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing some rumble on a 4/150 offer. Not a fan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did Kuz do in world cup under pop? He has 1st hand experience coaching him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing some rumble on a 4/150 offer. Not a fan.
    Doubt he gets that much but people who think he's going to play for the MLE are deluded. I expect something closer to Hayward money for DDR, somewhere between 4/100 and 4/120.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt he gets that much but people who think he's going to play for the MLE are deluded. I expect something closer to Hayward money for DDR, somewhere between 4/100 and 4/120.
    maybe compute how much Kuzma kcp and Marc Gasol make and that could be close to who you’d get in return for DeRozan, along with a first

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we could sign and trade DeRozan for Kuzma, Horton-Tucker, and a first (Duarte), I’d do it. Then draft Sengun, nab John Collins in free agency, get rid of the veterans, and it will have been a good offseason.

PG: Murray / Jones
    SG: White / Walker / Duarte
    SF: Johnson / Horton-Tucker / Vassell
    PF: Collins / Kuzma / Samanic
    C: Poeltl / Eubanks / Sengun
    Last edited by Uriel; 07-27-2021 at 03:54 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we could sign and trade DeRozan for Kuzma, Horton-Tucker, and a first (Duarte), I’d do it. Then nab John Collins in free agency, get rid of the veterans, and it will have been a good offseason.
    After this riport, why would the Lakers do it?
    THT(but KCP is more likely)+Kuzma is the max, we won't get a pick in return that's for sure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we could sign and trade DeRozan for Kuzma, Horton-Tucker, and a first (Duarte), I’d do it. Then draft Sengun, nab John Collins in free agency, get rid of the veterans, and it will have been a good offseason.

Hate to bust your bubble but Duarte will be long gone by #22. He’s been climbing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After this riport, why would the Lakers do it?
    THT(but KCP is more likely)+Kuzma is the max, we won't get a pick in return that's for sure.
    Sure we would....but if they were persistent about keeping the puck then we just let him walk. We are under no pressure to do that deal.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone heard or looked into s/t with the Clippers?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s crappier than the Lakers option. At best it’d be something around Zubac, filler, and whoever Clips pick at 25 this year. I suspect all their future picks are heavily en bered after the OKC trade, but haven’t looked at it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coming back would need to be Kennard, Mann, pick(s), and one of Beverly, zubac, or serge

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. If the Clippers scenario was on the table, as I thought it was at the time, then yeah, that was obviously the move then and in retrospect. But the Nephew Apocalypse was so weird for the franchise I don’t think the FO could see where we were headed. They should have, though.
    I got blasted when I said the Spurs should have taken the Clippers offer instead of trading for Derozan. I was not happy with the Derozan trade and would have been much happier with a trade with the Clippers, but having said that, was that offer ever on the table from the Clippers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bosh. Wade. Wade’s scoring dropped each year the Heatles were together.
    Disagree. Bosh became a more all round player when LeBron played for the Heatles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

After S&T Demar, I doubt Spurs have enough to Max deal JC unless Hawks S&T him also, and we could lose any of DJ or White and future pick(s). I doubt Duarte will be available at #22. He’s been rising. It might need to be Dub’s #14 pick to take Wiggin’s salary. Whatever it is, I hope the PATFO is doing it’s diligence. There are deals to be made that could re-direct the Spurs to its proper course after the Nephew’s fiasco and left Spurs with mismatched antiquated style of roster.

Personally, I would sacrifice DJM to acquire Collins. And move White, the better facilitator, to the main PG, draft Duarte at #12, and if I could get another pick from S&T for Demar, then draft the BAP (bonus Sengun or Wagner). I think drafting Duarte is the priority as he can play the starting SG off the bat.

White, Tre, (41st pick)
    Duarte, Walker, Mills
    Keldon, Vassell
    Collins, Samanic, (BAP)
    Poeltl, Dieng, Drew

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got blasted when I said the Spurs should have taken the Clippers offer instead of trading for Derozan. I was not happy with the Derozan trade and would have been much happier with a trade with the Clippers, but having said that, was that offer ever on the table from the Clippers?
    I’ve heard various opinions. Either way, they should have pursued it, but of course they didn’t realize ir couldn’t admit that they were stuck with a rebuild. Three odd somewhat wasted years, though some young players got to improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve heard various opinions. Either way, they should have pursued it, but of course they didn’t realize ir couldn’t admit that they were stuck with a rebuild. Three odd somewhat wasted years, though some young players got to improve.
    Especially wasted if Spurs just let Demar walk, Poeltl unplayable at 4th quarter. The only silver lining is Keldon, but considering Spurs could’ve drafted SGA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Especially wasted if Spurs just let Demar walk, Poeltl unplayable at 4th quarter. The only silver lining is Keldon, but considering Spurs could’ve drafted SGA.

Its all moot at this point. The woulda coulda shouldas mean now. Will be intersting to see what demar does and contract he recieves this offseason

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good, GTFO. The worst name only star player we've ever rostered. Such hollow stats.
    Jefferson was way worse

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would think Philly would like to get rid of Simmons and try to acquire Lowry who they were after at the trade deadline. I can see DeRozan and Lowry teaming up in Philly with Embiid to form a somewhat “super team.” The thing is that Philly would have to get rid of Simmons and possibly Harris if Lowry & DeRozan want lots of money.

Thread Information