Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring Kuz, whatever, we're gonna tank anyway, hopefully, pls. He's the perfect tank commander on and of the court

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Kings have cap issues themselves and would like to re-sign Holmes.
    I'd have to look at their roster then. If they wanna give the Spurs a pick to take on one of their contracts I'd do it.

Lakers: DePression
    Kings: Kuzma
    Spurs: KCP, bad Kings contract, two 1sts

I'd do that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So for Kawhi, arguably a Top 25 All Time Talent….. we effectively get Jakob Poetl and Keldon Johnson in return long term.

I love me some Keldon but my goodness the front office should be fired, dunked in cold water, and made to eat Arby’s for a year straight as punishment for complete inep ude and failure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nephew deserves blame too for purposely tanking his own trade value...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So for Kawhi, arguably a Top 25 All Time Talent….. we effectively get Jakob Poetl and Keldon Johnson in return long term.

I love me some Keldon but my goodness the front office should be fired, dunked in cold water, and made to eat Arby’s for a year straight as punishment for complete inep ude and failure.
    I mean, if Toronto don't win that le, it's a failure for them. And the clippers George trade appears a failure for them now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, if Toronto don't win that le, it's a failure for them. And the clippers George trade appears a failure for them now.
    Wrong. The Spurs allowed them to disguise salary dumping DeRozan and put them a Durant or Curry injury (and they were due) away from a le . . . all for the cost of precisely zero pieces that would sting long term.

I'd have to look at their roster then. If they wanna give the Spurs a pick to take on one of their contracts I'd do it.

Lakers: DePression
    Kings: Kuzma
    Spurs: KCP, bad Kings contract, two 1sts

I'd do that.
    I suspect it'd have to be Hield as the "bad Kings contract", but even then I'm skeptical they'd attach 9 just to move him. Spurs could attempt to balance it with Walker IV, but Hield isn't Spurs material, wouldn't be easy to reroute and they're too cheap, gun shy and shortsighted to pull of something like this. Just the thought of that much movement would probably make them queasy.
    Last edited by TD 21; 07-25-2021 at 06:06 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10560663[/URL]]Nephew deserves blame too for purposely tanking his own trade value...
    You’re missing the point. Yeah they screwed up with the initial return in the best they could get was Derozan. But don’t screw up the next redemption moment by getting peanuts for Derozan.

They botched Kawhi
    They botched Aldridge
    They botching Derozan

Get some Top 10 picks out of that. This is mindblowingly bad

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have Kawhi and Aldridge… and looking to get some value for losing them? You should be getting 3 Top 10 picks combined at the absolute bare minimum for handling those 2 players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suspect it'd have to be Hield as the "bad Kings contract", but even then I'm skeptical they'd attach 9 just to move him. Spurs could attempt to balance it with Walker IV, but Hield isn't Spurs material, wouldn't be easy to reroute and they're too cheap, gun shy and shortsighted to pull of something like this. Just the thought of that much movement would probably make them queasy.
    Targeting sexton should be spurs priority. He fits with Murray and Johnson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're forgetting we also threw in Danny Green too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting Kuzma and there pick should be a priority imo losing him for nothing is waste and a gift to LAL call me crazy but I think you could have a debate about who’s better between Kuzma and John Collins for those wanting Collins
    Ok, you're crazy...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deng, Kuzma (negative contract), a first & two seconds. Does that work? DD gets more money. Lakers get off Kuzma & Deng's salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans going to be really salty when he signs for their MLE lol
    Why? I don't give a if he signs there for three dollars per year and wins a championship...I just want home gone

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deng, Kuzma (negative contract), a first & two seconds. Does that work? DD gets more money. Lakers get off Kuzma & Deng's salary.
    that . Four pieces of trash and a pick? No thanks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that . Four pieces of trash and a pick? No thanks.
    That's wouldn't be bad actually. Only one roster spot (Kuz), a first and a couple of seconds, and Deng's roster charge expires after next year. And we could further try and move Kuzma if we don't want him.

But I don't think it works, because I don't believe you can trade a stretched contract (Deng)...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's wouldn't be bad actually. Only one roster spot (Kuz), a first and a couple of seconds, and Deng's roster charge expires after next year. And we could further try and move Kuzma if we don't want him.

But I don't think it works, because I don't believe you can trade a stretched contract (Deng)...
    Meh Spurs could probably get a first cheaper somewhere else than having to take two garbage players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deng was waived to offer Leonard a max two offseasons ago.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh Spurs could probably get a first cheaper somewhere else than having to take two garbage players.
    If DDR is willing to take that pay cut as rumored, Kuz and Gasol is probably about 15M which feels right for ST purposes. Gasol is only 2M next year, his last, who can be bought out later in the year.

So effectively 22/Kuz for DDR. I do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good, get the literal out. I've been waiting almost three years, to watch your worthless ass leave. Now go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring Kuz, whatever, we're gonna tank anyway, hopefully, pls. He's the perfect tank commander on and of the court
    I'd rather let Derozan leave for free. Kuzma is a terrible basketball player. We've had enough over hyped trash on this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is kuzma a terrible player?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    DeMar was never capable of being the main guy on the team but with Lakers he would likely be a much better fit with an aging LeBron alongside Anthony Davis. It doesn't put Lakers over the top but it makes them a little better and it likely won't be the only move they make. Spurs are fools if they just let the player they traded Kawhi for walk. As for Kuzma, draft pick. Trade Kuzma for a draft pick or keep him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar was never capable of being the main guy on the team but with Lakers he would likely be a much better fit with an aging LeBron alongside Anthony Davis. It doesn't put Lakers over the top but it makes them a little better and it likely won't be the only move they make. Spurs are fools if they just let the player they traded Kawhi for walk. As for Kuzma, draft pick. Trade Kuzma for a draft pick or keep him.

He'd be a terrible fit. He can't play off the ball and is a nonexistent three-point shooter, not to mention he's one of the worst defenders in the league. All the more reason to want the Lakers to acquire him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deng? WTF. This trade couldn’t even be made in 2k lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If DDR is willing to take that pay cut as rumored, Kuz and Gasol is probably about 15M which feels right for ST purposes. Gasol is only 2M next year, his last, who can be bought out later in the year.

So effectively 22/Kuz for DDR. I do that.
    This actually is my opinion of DDRs value; a sad reality, but why dance with the devil and for so little in return?

Thread Information