Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elections have consequences.

The party that holds the House, the Senate and the Presidency doesn't need permission from the opposition to legislate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you are opposed to this ducks, reach out to your Republican U.S. Senator.

Am sure they will listen to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hurry up and die already crypt keeper Pelosi because I want to throw a party before Summer ends!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelosi and the dem leadership is pushing for a vote on the infrastructure bill. the progressives in the house trying to tank it should be ashamed tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sidebar: debt to GDP since 1960

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelosi and the dem leadership is pushing for a vote on the infrastructure bill. the progressives in the house trying to tank it should be ashamed tbh
    why?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Your side wrote the in' book on shame, 21.

Trump President.
    Not Clinton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because the infrastructure bill is going to help a lot of people. holding that up for another bill is the quintessential "playing politics" bad optics.

vote for what's on the table that's going to help people now. if you are unhappy with what you are getting in reconciliation, bring that up on your own time. convince the public that your vision is correct, or win more elections

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because the infrastructure bill is going to help a lot of people. holding that up for another bill is the quintessential "playing politics" bad optics.

vote for what's on the table that's going to help people now. if you are unhappy with what you are getting in reconciliation, bring that up on your own time. convince the public that your vision is correct, or win more elections
    sounds like you're impatient of members trying to bargain for things their cons uents want, isn't that what they were elected to do?

so long as they don't actually upset the apple cart, what's wrong with trying to get what they want?

it makes a lot more sense to me than so-called centrists like Manchin and Sinema who make abstract, maximalist demands with no guarantee that they won't torpedo the party's agenda anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sounds like you're impatient of members trying to bargain for things their cons uents want, isn't that what they were elected to do?

so long as they don't actually upset the apple cart, what's wrong with trying to get what they want?

it makes a lot more sense to me than so-called centrists like Manchin and Sinema who make abstract, maximalist demands with no guarantee that they won't torpedo the party's agenda anyway.
    yeah i have a problem with holding up a solid bill that will help a lot of people in return for changes to a separate bill. we give manchin and sinema a lot of deserved grief because they hold up the party's agenda. i will hold progressives to that same standard when we have a bill like this in the balance

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    yeah i have a problem with holding up a solid bill that will help a lot of people in return for changes to a separate bill. we give manchin and sinema a lot of deserved grief because they hold up the party's agenda. i will hold progressives to that same standard when we have a bill like this in the balance
    ...you forgot the mandatory harumpfff! to your pious post, 21.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    negotiating is bad as such?

weird take, imho.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

weird take, imho.
    ...but he'll smootch your ass nonetheless, 21. Pull your pants down, fart face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

weird take, imho.
    if you want to negotiate on the reconciliation bill, have at it. hold that one up. dont hold up a separate bill that already has bipartisan support. their objection isn't even with the infrastructure bill itself. thats my problem.

its the same dumb as the forcethevote crap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dumbasses are gonna this up and get nothing. That old saying of the perfect being the enemy of the good applies here perfectly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you want to negotiate on the reconciliation bill, have at it. hold that one up. dont hold up a separate bill that already has bipartisan support. their objection isn't even with the infrastructure bill itself. thats my problem.

its the same dumb as the forcethevote crap
    whether it's dumb or not kind of depends on how things turn out.

you could be right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whether it's dumb or not kind of depends on how things turn out.

you could be right.
    i dont really need the benefit of hindsight. jeopardizing it is bad enough right now. the infrastructure bill is a good one. get that out. then get to work on reconciliation. and if you are right on the issues, whip the votes, convince the public, etc

and if you are just a fringe wing within one of the parties, then you really dont have as much power as you think. using that to do nothing but obstruct is just tea party all over again. might as well have jayapal go up there and read the cat in the hat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont really need the benefit of hindsight. jeopardizing it is bad enough right now. the infrastructure bill is a good one. get that out. then get to work on reconciliation. and if you are right on the issues, whip the votes, convince the public, etc

and if you are just a fringe wing within one of the parties, then you really dont have as much power as you think. using that to do nothing but obstruct is just tea party all over again. might as well have jayapal go up there and read the cat in the hat
    Yep. Get something positive done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

96 members isn't a fringe wing, tbh

but on the whole I agree with you it were better get done than grandstand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    96 members isn't a fringe wing, tbh

but on the whole I agree with you it were better get done than grandstand.
    Jayapal sure seems fringe. Maybe not to you, though.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Jayapal sure seems fringe. Maybe not to you, though.
    Ignoring climate change (which the photo op infrastructure bill does) is what’s fringe.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

the photo op bill isn’t good at all. It ignores climate change and was basically written by Rob Portman. The minute that bill passes Sinema and Manchin are a hard no on reconciliation, Jayapal holding the line is the only way both bills pass.

Thread Information