Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Trump Newsmax wing is 70+% of all Republicans now...a majority of all Republican voters think the election was stolen. Why on earth would you campaign on wanting to be bipartisan with these people? The goal should be to convince voters Republicans are evil, not that they're people we should be working with on a bipartisan basis.
    Your "we" can't let go, Will. President Trump has you by the short hairs and is tugging, hard. You thought getting him out would slack your hatred. No, it only increased because he won't "uncle"---he won't"no mas!"---"he won't beg."

You're used to having a person you've curb stomped to crawl, beg, submit to the concentratio...the re education camps, cajole, cry, apologize...et al and etc. That will never happen with President Trump. And if you think his death will stop anything, you're wrong. Those kids, the two eldest boys will pick up the Trump Flag like in "Glory" and will continue on exacting vengeance for their old man. Like the Tate family out in California does for their (Sharon)...it's a family legacy passed on generation to generation to keep those animals locked up in California prisons till the Good Lord opens up the Book on them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Trump Newsmax wing is 70+% of all Republicans now...a majority of all Republican voters think the election was stolen. Why on earth would you campaign on wanting to be bipartisan with these people? The goal should be to convince voters Republicans are evil, not that they're people we should be working with on a bipartisan basis.
    that's not a winning play.

obviously you campaign against republicans. i mean you're literally running against them. but campaigning on a record of being able to get done even with wads like mcconnell is a good sell imho

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    that's not a winning play.

obviously you campaign against republicans. i mean you're literally running against them. but campaigning on a record of being able to get done even with wads like mcconnell is a good sell imho
    No it’s really not. All it does is sell people on the idea that both parties are good and split government is ideal.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Your "we" can't let go, Will. President Trump has you by the short hairs and is tugging, hard. You thought getting him out would slack your hatred. No, it only increased because he won't "uncle"---he won't"no mas!"---"he won't beg."

You're used to having a person you've curb stomped to crawl, beg, submit to the concentratio...the re education camps, cajole, cry, apologize...et al and etc. That will never happen with President Trump. And if you think his death will stop anything, you're wrong. Those kids, the two eldest boys will pick up the Trump Flag like in "Glory" and will continue on exacting vengeance for their old man. Like the Tate family out in California does for their (Sharon)...it's a family legacy passed on generation to generation to keep those animals locked up in California prisons till the Good Lord opens up the Book on them.
    Not reading all that boomer gibberish.

Happy for you though.

Or sorry that happened to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "centrists" are trying to dilute the Biden campaign promise. The "progressives" are simply holding him to it, not asking for more. They should have started with Bern's $8t bill and negotiated from there. Incompetent party per par

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not reading all that boomer gibberish.

Happy for you though.

Or sorry that happened to you.
    Of course you won't. I read all your stuff though.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The "centrists" are trying to dilute the Biden campaign promise. The "progressives" are simply holding him to it, not asking for more. They should have started with Bern's $8t bill and negotiated from there. Incompetent party per par
    Just remember who christened you "Splits", Splits.

You're old dad Dale.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    They needed to get it out of committee first and Bernie did a good job getting a $3.5 trillion bill out of committee with a unanimous vote from Democrats, esp when one of them is Mark Warner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes because usually a party bases its policy objectives on the vision of the primary candidate who lost. starting with bernie's proposal as a negotiating tactic would have been re ed because you'd be negotiating against 90% of the democrats in the senate, let alone the republicans lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. The 10% ManchSim needs to be counteracted by 2 Sens from the "progressive" wing and then meet in the middle with the 80% remaining. You're pretending Biden is far left when he and his supporters are right-leaning centrists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Progressive Caucus is gonna get the blame when this blows up and good riddance to a ridiculous 3.5 trillion plus boondoggle.

The funny part is Republicans can then say...you didn't get your bill passed so you don't need to raise taxes to pay for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. The 10% ManchSim needs to be counteracted by 2 Sens from the "progressive" wing and then meet in the middle with the 80% remaining. You're pretending Biden is far left when he and his supporters are right-leaning centrists.
    HaHaHa sleepy Joe is whatever his handlers want him to be.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Progressive Caucus is gonna get the blame when this blows up and good riddance to a ridiculous 3.5 trillion plus boondoggle.

The funny part is Republicans can then say...you didn't get your bill passed so you don't need to raise taxes to pay for it.
    i dont think anybody cares to raise taxes just for the sake of raising them. raise taxes to pay for good programs that help people who need it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how am i pretending biden is far left? my post above this says about the exact opposite

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont think anybody cares to raise taxes just for the sake of raising them. raise taxes to pay for good programs that help people who need it
    Thats pretty funny. "The Rich" are blue teams new boogiemen...the politics of envy.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats pretty funny. "The Rich" are blue teams new boogiemen...the politics of envy.
    it's not "politics of envy" the R's gave the rich 2 trillion bucks with some understanding we'd get it back, we never got it back so now we have to take it.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Hey at least envying the rich makes sense. Republican politics involve the narrative that the single black mom on Medicaid and food stamps somehow has it made

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah. the tax scheme should target them more heavily than it does now. if you want to keep tax revenue the same, would still make more tense to tilt it even more toward the wealthy paying more of the share. if you want to increase revenue, bleed them more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey at least envying the rich makes sense. Republican politics involve the narrative that the single black mom on Medicaid and food stamps somehow has it made
    8:44 and on. this clip continues to be instructive years later

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It’s also cognitive dissonance at a certain level to complain about inflation and muh tax increases at the same time. The way you stop inflation is but taking liquidity out of the economy, ie, by taking people more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you show me where you read that in their stated position?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's yours, tbh

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...ghlight=my+ebt

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    moving the goalposts to strictly what’s expressly stated as the GOP position

If you recall the GOP literally didn’t create a party platform last year.

If you want a specific example, Ronald “Those monkeys from those African countries” Reagan fear mongering about the completely made up “Chicago welfare queen” who was abusing the earned income tax credit.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Right now we should be raising taxes for sake of it. The economy is overheated, there’s inflation, the 2017 tax cut was pointless and did nothing to engineer economic growth, while the deficit is still way too high. The best way to dial inflation back and reduce the deficit right now would be to increase taxes.

Thread Information