Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    New show on HBO, pretty solid so far. Anyone else watching?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Camera work good. Acting okay.
    Storylines seem super lame, all over the place and meh.
    Where are they going with this?

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I haven’t watched last nights episode yet, first 2 seemed to struggle a bit to establish storylines but I’m assuming it will get clearer as we move along. One thing is that after Big, Little Lies and Little Fires Everywhere I’m burned out on dark, moody, manipulative teenagers and the 2 on this show are almost unbearable. I’ll catch up with it tonight and hopefully something will hook me and keep me interested.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    I haven’t watched last nights episode yet, first 2 seemed to struggle a bit to establish storylines but I’m assuming it will get clearer as we move along. One thing is that after Big, Little Lies and Little Fires Everywhere I’m burned out on dark, moody, manipulative teenagers and the 2 on this show are almost unbearable. I’ll catch up with it tonight and hopefully something will hook me and keep me interested.
    Yea I could do without those little es for sure. Hoping they don’t get too much screen time the rest of the way. A few pretty solid characters. Although most of them are pretty hatable tbh. Which I think is the intent

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Now that I've cut off cable it's become harder to find the good shows. Even though I do have HBO Max, I no longer give shows a shot unlessI know they're worthwhile.

Succession turned out to be another great litle show.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Now that I've cut off cable it's become harder to find the good shows. Even though I do have HBO Max, I no longer give shows a shot unlessI know they're worthwhile.

Succession turned out to be another great litle show.
    Succession is a top tier show for me at the moment for sure.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Although most of them are pretty hatable tbh. Which I think is the intent
    Absolutely.
    We'll see where this goes.
    Have an idea it's much better to skip and see the whole season at once.
    That is if it ends up going anywhere other then headgamey b.s.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Really going for some lowbrow chit now. I saw 4 last night.
    Stop if you don't wanna be spoiled.

Hotel manager previously hinted as obvious flamer and obvious potential drug addict. Well ya falls off the wagon in spades and the in-the-act scene def goes for shock value. I guess it's about a 2/10 on the LOL factor when he gets caught.

2 moody teenage chicks find out above flamer had their bag and demand it back. He poker bluffs them with "You must fill out form to declare lost items" and they get played by it.

More bull , YVMV. The show does start moving storylines along for sure in ep 4 and most likely will continue. Pace should pick up (could it do anything else after the snail 1 2 3?

Molly Shannon gets a part. Stupid, overacting per usual.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Let me know when the woke gets introduced.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Storylines definitely pick up.
    Ending is....nothing great but certainly gets more interesting from 5 on.

Anyone watch this after all?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Storylines definitely pick up.
    Ending is....nothing great but certainly gets more interesting from 5 on.

Anyone watch this after all?
    If I were reviewing for ST viewers: "An exciting, varied storyline that is compelling as reading dale's posts. A winner, just like the ST Board Derp."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If I were reviewing for ST viewers: "An exciting, varied storyline that is compelling as reading dale's posts. A winner, just like the ST Board Derp."
    Naw that would be 0/10.

Show started out at 1/10 but i upped it to 3/10 after the final 3 eps.

Olivia

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Brigham Young Cougars
    white lotus flower bomb is slang for vagina

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Succession is a top tier show for me at the moment for sure.
    Yup

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Show was decent. I watched it through till the end, only 6 episodes so not a huge time sink.

had a few interesting characters and plot twist. Nothing to write home about, but it was an enjoyable easy watch imo

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Fun watch tbh. HBO does the comedy dramas the best

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Show was decent. I watched it through till the end, only 6 episodes so not a huge time sink.

had a few interesting characters and plot twist. Nothing to write home about, but it was an enjoyable easy watch imo
    I finished it up, it was ok, the best part was definitely the brevity! There was no character or storyline that will keep me looking forward to a second season. I got caught up in the hype over Mike White’s great writing/producing and Jennifer Coolidge’s supposedly “Emmy Award quality performance” but was disappointed with both. I like Mike White for his great multidimensional female characters, I think his best work is Enlightened (also on HBO) and is definitely worth a watch. As much as I think Jennifer Coolidge is hilarious, she’s always the same character and a happy, drunk Stifler’s mom is way more entertaining than a depressed, drunk Stifler’s mom.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    I finished it up, it was ok, the best part was definitely the brevity! There was no character or storyline that will keep me looking forward to a second season. I got caught up in the hype over Mike White’s great writing/producing and Jennifer Coolidge’s supposedly “Emmy Award quality performance” but was disappointed with both. I like Mike White for his great multidimensional female characters, I think his best work is Enlightened (also on HBO) and is definitely worth a watch. As much as I think Jennifer Coolidge is hilarious, she’s always the same character and a happy, drunk Stifler’s mom is way more entertaining than a depressed, drunk Stifler’s mom.
    I don’t think they are doing a season 2. I saw it called a mini series. I’m actually a fan of the shorter season long mini series that a lot of companies are putting out now. Wrapping up a whole story line in 6-10 episodes is nice. Most shows end up sucking by the time they get to season 3 anyway, even the good ones generally.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    'The White Lotus' Season 2 Will Bring In A New Cast (yahoo.com)

Sounds like will have an entirely new cast and location.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I like Mike White for his great multidimensional female characters,
    What did you think of her in general? And specifically, getting back with Dingleberry?

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What did you think of her in general? And specifically, getting back with Dingleberry?

I thought she was the most interesting character. All the white female characters were the stereotypical shallow, rich women who think they are everything but just shallow and rich, and put up a big show about how they are NOT just shallow and rich. In the end, after they’d all had the opportunities to actually take action and become something different, they chose the comfort of their privilege. Rachel didn’t come from money but she was so insecure that she also chose that comfort, and accepted that it would be easier to just become her mother in law than fight it anymore. I did like the foreshadowing in the first episode about who the dead body on the plane is, made us think it was going to be Rachel and in the end she WAS the most dead person on the plane.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Naw that would be 0/10.

Show started out at 1/10 but i upped it to 3/10 after the final 3 eps.

Olivia
    Big ty committee

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Really going for some lowbrow chit now. I saw 4 last night.
    Stop if you don't wanna be spoiled.

Hotel manager previously hinted as obvious flamer and obvious potential drug addict. Well ya falls off the wagon in spades and the in-the-act scene def goes for shock value. I guess it's about a 2/10 on the LOL factor when he gets caught.

2 moody teenage chicks find out above flamer had their bag and demand it back. He poker bluffs them with "You must fill out form to declare lost items" and they get played by it.

More bull , YVMV. The show does start moving storylines along for sure in ep 4 and most likely will continue. Pace should pick up (could it do anything else after the snail 1 2 3?

Molly Shannon gets a part. Stupid, overacting per usual.
    Killed 4 episodes last night. I'm only hooked bc I wanna see where this goes, but all the articles that swamped my feed about Michael White ing up the season finale don't have me optimistic.
    The white Karen guy ing about Armond non stop makes me want to slap the out of him, which i guess like yall said in the intent.

Who got the better ties in the show tho? DaDDario or Sydney sweeney? So plump and nubile tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    About 4 episodes in and this show is all over the place but I like it.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    About 4 episodes in and this show is all over the place but I like it.
    Yeah it meanders a lot. Stifler's mom has been good.

Thread Information