Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/san-antoni...op-60-players/

I'm not thrilled with the talent that will probably be in the late lottery but I'm hopeful someone interesting will drop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/san-antoni...op-60-players/

I'm not thrilled with the talent that will probably be in the late lottery but I'm hopeful someone interesting will drop.
    Such complete trash. Never seem such a steaming pile! ... ;-)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such complete trash. Never seem such a steaming pile! ... ;-)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent summary, good job. I’m only hoping the Spurs will get a player who doesn’t need three years of development and a miracle to become a good shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won’t be popular but if SA can’t move up they may be better served to trade back or out…and if they dont trade up or back? They need to start swinging for fences and be more flexible on “character”.

Ziaire and Jalen I’m looking at you.

Dream world would be Mobley, Green or Kuminga in a move up though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won’t be popular but if SA can’t move up they may be better served to trade back or out…
    They had a great chance to move up, but they felt the it was better to lose the play-in game. If there were players they wanted in the top of the lottery, they should have lost more games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They had a great chance to move up, but they felt the it was better to lose the play-in game. If there were players they wanted in the top of the lottery, they should have lost more games.
    Do not disagree at all…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was so happy seeing this thread, didn't expect it.

If I remember correctly you weren't too high on Wagner and Sengun , I wonder what has changed for you after scouting them more?

Also surprised at how low Joel Ayayi is, I think he could be the rare type of 2nd round pick who has a clear path to a NBA career as an 7th/8th man.

Solid list though. I still love Moody, he's on top of my list from the realistically obtainable dudes. Bouknight and Jalen Johnson I like as well. I'm in no position to get information about their red flags , but I assume the Spurs of all teams would have done their due diligence. Sengun or Wagner would be great value at 12. If the consensus top 6 and these 5 are all gone by the time the Spurs pick I'd look to trade down or perhaps just shoot for the stars with either Zaire Williams or Keon Johnson.

I'm not as high on Giddey because I think the combination of poor shooting, poor defense and poor athleticism is frightening. Can't think of any NBA player with similar weaknesses who's doing well.

Love Garuba though. Sure, maybe not for the current Spurs but he's a better player than given credit for, even offensively, he has a good feel for the game, can see the floor, pass and has shown improvement with his shooting. Certainly a much better shooting form than Giddey's

Think a dark horse target at 12 could be Cam Thomas.

As for possible trades, I really like Sacramento's 9 and Delon Wright for 12. Gives them some room to keep Holmes, helps the Spurs jump over Memphis and Wright isn't a bad player too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won’t be popular but if SA can’t move up they may be better served to trade back or out…and if they dont trade up or back? They need to start swinging for fences and be more flexible on “character”.

Ziaire and Jalen I’m looking at you.
    I wonder if OKC would be interested in trading 16 & 18 for 12. I'd be a fan of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Package someone with the picks and move up !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if OKC would be interested in trading 16 & 18 for 12. I'd be a fan of that.
    Absolutely - that’s a no brainer. I dont know that OKC would do that though, but if SA doesn’t get someone they really love falling unexpectedly then for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

(You even managed to get my 2d round favorite Juhann Begarin into the list -- barely.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It feels like a draft where you could get screwed at the 12 pick, and might do just as well trading down and trying to draft a couple of guys late in the first round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good analysis. Well done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I remember correctly you weren't too high on Wagner and Sengun , I wonder what has changed for you after scouting them more?
    Tbh, I still not super high on either one -- it's just that this draft has a strong 1 through 6 and a strong 14 through ~35 but is pretty weak 7 thru 13 unfortunately. It's like there's a tier missing in this draft class

I see Wagner as the fourth best player on a good team and Sengun as someone whose most likely outcome is being a highly productive player who doesn't impact winning ... not great options but that's what this draft has to offer in the late lottery. That said, Wagner appears to be a good building block that fits on any type of team and Sengun could theoretically figure out how not to be a negative on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, I still not super high on either one -- it's just that this draft has a strong 1 through 6 and a strong 14 through ~35 but is pretty weak 7 thru 13 unfortunately. It's like there's a tier missing in this draft class

I see Wagner as the fourth best player on a good team and Sengun as someone whose most likely outcome is being a highly productive player who doesn't impact winning ... not great options but that's what this draft has to offer in the late lottery. That said, Wagner appears to be a good building block that fits on any type of team and Sengun could theoretically figure out how not to be a negative on defense.
    You're buying into a lot of hype in some of the top 6 guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're buying into a lot of hype in some of the top 6 guys.
    Eh, I really like the top 4. Kuminga and Barnes at 5/6 is pretty decent. But the talent drop from there is gigantic ... and then it stays flat for at least 15 picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I really like the top 4. Kuminga and Barnes at 5/6 is pretty decent. But the talent drop from there is gigantic ... and then it stays flat for at least 15 picks.
    And yet everyone says this a great, transformational draft (at least compared to recent years).

It must be depth, but depth traditionally doesn't add up to much when things finally shake out a few years down the line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Gigantic'? No, there you go again. I don't know if there's a single franchise player in the top 5 or 6. Kuminga is wildly overrated. I'd trade out of the top spot if I was looking at Cade Cunningham. Just... don't know what you're talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the scouting and time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally came around on Wagner, I see

looks very similar to my BB! Kudos

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd trade out of the top spot if I was looking at Cade Cunningham.
    Just... don't know what you're talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cade is a weak candidate as a franchise player. He's not without his red flags in that area. I haven't scouted him much bc he isn't coming to the Spurs so I don't care about him but I've seen questions about his efficiency or lack thereof and how he's struggles at times getting to the rim or finishing there, plus getting separation. He's not without risk specially bc the standard laid on him is that of a franchise player.

There could be others that are better than him, which wouldn't be surprising but I am not a scout to say who.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol at Cunningham. I guess people really buy whatever ESPN is selling. Did you watch him play this year? Didn't you see his deficiencies? He reminds me of Ben Simmons in many ways, a lazy, disinterested player who failed to make his team as good as some other players could. LSU sucked with Simmons and it's no surprise he hasn't gotten any better. OK State was better, but, man... Cunningham has warts all over the place. Limited physical tools, bad assist-to-turnover ratio, questionable decision making, an inability to separate himself to get better shots. Inconsistent and inattentive effort on defense.

He can be a good player, to be sure, but pegging him as absolutely the #1 player and sure-fire franchise guy is absolute LULZ.

Spurs Fan In Milan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad to see you are quite high on Butler. He's one of my very favorites. He could very well be the best available at 12.

Thread Information