Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are still elite at drafting, so i have no doubts that whoever they pick at 12 will be a solid contributor for years to come. and i really hope it's someone 6'8" at the least

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN is to liberal to know anything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sToP mAkiNg EvErYtHinG aBoUt PoLitIcS

Dummy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jason Preston is similar to Derrick White (including the late growth spurt) but with subpar athleticism.
    I was just looking at Preston's combine results yesterday, and they seem pretty comparable to White's:

Standing Vertical/ Maximum Vertical
    White: 31"/36.5"
    Preston: 30.5"/ 38.5"

Lane Agility
    White: 10.84
    Preston: 10.82

Shuttle run
    White: 2.92
    Preston: 3.08

Three-quarter sprint
    White: 3.08
    Preston: 3.13

Watching videos on him before looking at these numbers, I got the same impression. I think the baby face coupled with the Sideshow Bob haircut might be a little deceptive.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 07-27-2021 at 05:16 PM.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone here is ing sick and tired of you. You hate liberals but you insert political bull more than anyone here. You’re literally worse than the people you can’t tolerate. Get a clue asshole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calling Wagner the 4th best player on a good team is perfect imo... maybe a hair below Andrei Kirilenko & Andre Iguodala, but above Pat Connaughton or Jae Crowder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fritz Wagner is the rug that ties the room together.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100% gave the reason why we should draft Jericho Sims. He is the prototype big for today's game and can guard the perimeter. He also got Spurs personality and has busted his ass to get better every year. Several people made a living off that . With the way the game is called, bigs don't really gotta do much to be good.

How many talentless lanky, fast, mobile big men have carved a solid nba role since GSW ed the nba game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Appreciate the insight timvp.

I feel like Ziaire Williams and Jalen Johnson are the two riskiest, lottery potential picks that fall to the Spurs.

Admittedly, my draft process is far from infallible. I tend to heavily weight prospect interviews and it can often sway my choice in prospect infatuation.
    That being said, I have been genuinely unimpressed with their interviews/analysis at any stage of the draft process or college season.

If we're taking a big swing on Upside, I would rather shoot for the stratosphere and draft Kai Jones.

Fair or not, there are no concerns of heart or character (Jalen Johnson), or on toughness/ ability to put on weight (Ziaire Williams), and whose less desirable outcomes at least offers some form of contribution at the next level (energy, rim running big).

I'm not sure I can even envision what their floors entail.
    Spot Shooting for Ziaire? Tertiary play-making from Jalen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally. Been looking forward to this for weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really interesting draft ranking. https://deanondraft.com/2021/06/22/2...lottery-guide/This guy is very interesting in his takes as he is independent from the espn, overhypes machine.

Mobley is the best prospect in his opinion. I do think the teams that wanted to trade up have him in mind.

His opinion on Giddey is one of the most honest I have seen. Possibly the best passer of all time for his position but big warts that make his bust potential real. The player most like him, a Lonzo Ball without the defense. However there’s a chance he notes, grounded mostly on how good he is as a passer and how young still that he’s something special. He’s interesting and wherever he lands I think I’ll watch him to see how he does.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read somewhere that Wagner was closer to 6'11"... would that change his position?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It feels like a draft where you could get screwed at the 12 pick, and might do just as well trading down and trying to draft a couple of guys late in the first round.
    Agreed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a bad feeling that I am going to like our second pick better then our first pick - I hope I am wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a bad feeling that I am going to like our second pick better then our first pick - I hope I am wrong
    It wouldn’t be different than Keldon Johnson being better than Samanic who was taken higher…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is very interesting in his takes as he is independent from the espn, overhypes machine.
    His opinion on Giddey is one of the most honest I have seen. Possibly the best passer of all time for his position

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So only you're allowed to exaggerate?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd prefer they trade twelve for two picks on the back end of the first. I'd be fine with drafting Zaire William's and Joshua primo.

Primo is an uber athlete with all the tools. The spurs could develop him into something special. He flew under the radar this year at alabama in his bench role. His ceiling is star potential and floor is a solid role player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To with any idea of trading 12 for picks in the 20s. The Spurs have enough C-tier young guys anyway. If they aren't happy with the quality at the end of the lottery, trade up. If they don't want to do that, pick up future picks by trading down. There's no reasonable argument for why the Spurs should come out of the draft with more than two rookies at this point. I'm perfectly fine with the Spurs not tanking, but it has to come with them being realistic about their roster and being willing to upgrade it. Even the Pacers, who are the treadmilliest of treadmill teams, seem to always be willing to make trades to improve their club.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I look or read about Sengun, the more I feel that he has a very high floor. The worst Sengun can be is an Enes Kanter. And Kanter despite being a complete liability in the defensive end has been a productive NBA player. The closest comp for Sengun for me is Luis Scola and the Argentine captain has had a long productive career.

What separates Sengun from these comps is his age and the fact that he dominated a decent league at 18. Which is why I think he can top out at least like a Vucevic or Sabonis in the right system and improvement. Can't see why Spurs won't pick him if Moody is already gone. Between him and Giddey, I will pick Sengun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm betting Golden State takes Wagner at #7 and Kispert at #14. Unless the Spurs nab Kispert at 12. Least glamorous but most likely pick?

I have a feeling Memphis will go with Bouknight. Dillon Brooks was successful in the playoffs and I'm guessing Memphis will think the all out relentless attack of Morant + Brooks + Bouknight can potentially be overwhelming to opposing defenses who are trying so hard to key on Morant.

Jason Preston to Milwaukee at #31: their Derrick White. Perfect place for him.

Sacramento had the worst defense in the NBA last year, so if they lose Richaun Holmes (arguably their best defender) and draft Sengun, it could get really ugly. But they are Sacramento, so I wouldn't put it past them. I like Sengun, but Sacramento is the worst place for him to land.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 07-28-2021 at 12:38 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    R. Demurre

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vehemently disagree on Sengun and Ziaire Williams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope we draft Giddy and trade Murray

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the write-up Timvp. I will take your unbiased assessment than any of these posers

It’s Duarte, Jalen Johnson, Moses Moody, Alperen Sengun and Franz Wagner for me.

I’d prioritize Duarte because he is a positional need. He has advanced Hardenesque step-back, side-step shots, smooth Klay jumpshots. He is so ready as Spurs starting SG if the game starts today. The rest I’ll figure out if I coukd get another pick from a Demar S&T.
    Last edited by John B; 07-28-2021 at 09:42 AM.

Thread Information