Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe this thread even hit 2 pages, let alone being created at all, but I guess there's a ton of yall in here with yalls imaginations still intact from childhood. This is never going to happen so why even entertain it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won't happen. Austin and San Antonio are just going to become the new Dallas Ft. Worth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what else Austin has? A ton of ing homeless people and miscreants that harass & assault revelers downtown. It also has maddening traffic due to an infrastructure that wasn't ready to support the migration of transplants. Austin. I went to UT, had my fun and graduated. I got the out of there as soon as I could. Its not a place for grown-ups, its a hot spot for liberals, millennials, techies, fake Mexican food & people who enjoy sniffing piss on sidewalks. If thats where the Spurs want to relocate, adios MF'ers. I enjoyed the ride with the Champion Spurs. This roster of chumps (except for KJ) along with Gregg can GTFO. He'd certainly feel more at home there. , he can get a job lecturing at UT instead of doing it after games.
    its obvious you didn’t read my other post on this subject. Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what else Austin has? A ton of ing homeless people and miscreants that harass & assault revelers downtown. It also has maddening traffic due to an infrastructure that wasn't ready to support the migration of transplants. Austin. I went to UT, had my fun and graduated. I got the out of there as soon as I could. Its not a place for grown-ups, its a hot spot for liberals, millennials, techies, fake Mexican food & people who enjoy sniffing piss on sidewalks. If thats where the Spurs want to relocate, adios MF'ers. I enjoyed the ride with the Champion Spurs. This roster of chumps (except for KJ) along with Gregg can GTFO. He'd certainly feel more at home there. , he can get a job lecturing at UT instead of doing it after games.
    Just curious where do you live now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drove down to SA yesterday and put on the Ticket. Idk SA radio guys names but they had an entire segment about how in 5 years they are going to build an arena somewhere between SA and Austin. They said that the money well here has dried up and there’s bigger companies and money/investment opportunities in Austin.

I dont think they are moving to Austin. But they have to move that stupid arena. I mean there’s nothing around it. And nothing to do after the game. atleast the river walk was walkable from the Dome. There’s literally nothing around the Whataburger Center except for a Valero.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just curious where do you live now?
    San Antonio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is full of ass backwards information and just asinine stupidity. Some of you people have the opinions and takes of a middle schooler after huffing spray paint all morning. The OP is just a dumb ass as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not clear to me why the Spurs would move to Austin. The location-specific NBA money is in arena revenue and regional TV contracts. The Spurs already have been working on locking down Austin on the latter, and unless there’s some lucrative real estate development project with a new arena in downtown Austin in the works for the former, I don’t see how the Spurs could come out ahead. Travis County isn’t going to give public money for a new arena, not even for infrastructure.

The best place for a project like that, if anywhere, would be the old Lone Star brewery in Southtown. In the meantime, the current facility is compe ive, with an ongoing commitment from the county to invest to keep it up to date.

The Spurs aren’t moving to Seattle any time soon. If Seattle gets any team in the next 5-10 years, it will be the Pelicans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The minute the Holt’s and The Admiral own <50.00000000001% this team is moving elsewhere. It is quite simple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More importantly, will the Silver Spurs Dancers be brought back?
    Vegas has some hot working girls tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drove down to SA yesterday and put on the Ticket. Idk SA radio guys names but they had an entire segment about how in 5 years they are going to build an arena somewhere between SA and Austin. They said that the money well here has dried up and there’s bigger companies and money/investment opportunities in Austin.

I dont think they are moving to Austin. But they have to move that stupid arena. I mean there’s nothing around it. And nothing to do after the game. atleast the river walk was walkable from the Dome. There’s literally nothing around the Whataburger Center except for a Valero.
    It's because they put the AT&T building in one of the tiest parts of town the East side. It's trash over there!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The minute the Holt’s and The Admiral own <50.00000000001% this team is moving elsewhere. It is quite simple.
    Hey dumb dumb. Combined the Holts and David only own like 42 percent of the Spurs. Wtf are you talking about? Learn wtf you’re talking about before you open your yap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey dumb dumb. Combined the Holts and David only own like 42 percent of the Spurs. Wtf are you talking about? Learn wtf you’re talking about before you open your yap.
    I stand corrected. My bad!

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    looks like nfl got the memo about austin.............spurs are next as it shouldve always been.........san antonio should be the minor leauge teams like san antonio fc san antonio hockey missions baseball

austin will now have an mls/nfl/nba team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks like nfl got the memo about austin.............spurs are next as it shouldve always been.........san antonio should be the minor leauge teams like san antonio fc san antonio hockey missions baseball

austin will now have an mls/nfl/nba team
    The Buffalo Bills are threatening to move to Austin if the city of Buffalo doesn't build them a new stadium.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Buffalo Bills are threatening to move to Austin if the city of Buffalo doesn't build them a new stadium.
    JFC taxpayers giving the Bills $1.5 billion? Honestly, pro sports can all go off.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JFC taxpayers giving the Bills $1.5 billion? Honestly, pro sports can all go off.
    what do they think Austin will pay?

Guess they could rape Hayes County or some other rubes but Austin doesn't seem to be in the mood. Is there still room in the COTA infield for Murcan football?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I cannot see an NFL team in Austin. No way attention will be taken from the all mighty TEXAS LONGHORNS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Buffalo is just floating names out there. I really don't se Austin doing this and I don't see it happening without significant protest from The Cowboys and Texans.

I find it interesting that there seems to be a bit of myths and wishful thinking when it comes to Austin/San Antonio.
    The metro areas have become similar in size, but here is the perception that Austin has a lot more wealth.
    Well yes, but just barely- the GDP for both metro areas is similar with Austin about 9% higher.
    San Antonio Austin becoming the next DFW? Well Dallas and Fort Worth centers are ~30 miles apart and San Antonio Austin ~80 miles.
    Even Combined SA/Austin's population and GDP fall significantly short of DFW and do not crack the top 10 US metro areas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a loss of status for San Antonio. Austin has replaced it as the NFL’s go-to city for fake leverage when trying to shake down cities for stadium money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Buffalo is just floating names out there. I really don't se Austin doing this and I don't see it happening without significant protest from The Cowboys and Texans.

I find it interesting that there seems to be a bit of myths and wishful thinking when it comes to Austin/San Antonio.
    The metro areas have become similar in size, but here is the perception that Austin has a lot more wealth.
    Well yes, but just barely- the GDP for both metro areas is similar with Austin about 9% higher.
    San Antonio Austin becoming the next DFW? Well Dallas and Fort Worth centers are ~30 miles apart and San Antonio Austin ~80 miles.
    Even Combined SA/Austin's population and GDP fall significantly short of DFW and do not crack the top 10 US metro areas
    Stadium revenue and sponsorships are the big drivers for NFL location-specific revenue. Per-capita GDP plays into that (Austin is about 20% higher per-capita), but even more important is a critical mass of large corporations to buy up luxury boxes and sponsorships. San Antonio still trails peer cities in that metric, including Austin.

Chasing pro sports is the tail wagging the dog anyway. A city should focus on improving the lives of its citizens. If a city does the right things about that, then it also will become attractive as a home for more pro sports.

At this point it’s all talk. Neither Austin nor SA is going to put up billions to subsidize a new NFL stadium, and neither of them is going to have somebody come in and make enough money off a privately-built facility.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a loss of status for San Antonio. Austin has replaced it as the NFL’s go-to city for fake leverage when trying to shake down cities for stadium money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I cannot see an NFL team in Austin. No way attention will be taken from the all mighty TEXAS LONGHORNS.
    They've been relevant what, 2 or 3 times in the last 20 years. Maybe 8 or 9 times in the last 75. They're a pathetic joke and yet their fans think themselves kings.

Thread Information