Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In another post, it says “Spurs fam, RSVP to one of our watch parties in San Antonio or Austin at the link in our bio!”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bye bye san antonio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can't happen soon enough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should (and already do) fervently court Austin money and fans to solidify the team's claim on the city. That doesn't mean SA is going to lose the Spurs, though. The team needs both cities to get enough market share. Simply moving and being the Austin Spurs won't change anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San antonio has way way cheaper land than austin. YOU CANNOT BUILD AN ARENA IN TRAVIS COUNTY THE SOCCER CLUB ALREADY TRIED AND HAD TO TAKE THE 5TH SPOT ON THEIR LIST. The prospect of moving to Austin decreases substantially you realize it'll be in cedar park or Buda. .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs move I don’t think it would be to Austin. That’s kinda a lateral move in my opinion.

Austin Spurs fans, like myself take the short drive down to watch them play. If they leave San Antonio for Austin they will lose a good portion of their fan base and all the casual military folks that watch them.

Austin is a cool city but a good portion of the folks who live here don’t care about basketball like that due to all the other stuff to do here from my little knowledge. Where as the folks in San Antonio love the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San antonio has way way cheaper land than austin. YOU CANNOT BUILD AN ARENA IN TRAVIS COUNTY THE SOCCER CLUB ALREADY TRIED AND HAD TO TAKE THE 5TH SPOT ON THEIR LIST. The prospect of moving to Austin decreases substantially you realize it'll be in cedar park or Buda. .
    That’s super true.

prices are sky rocketing. I’ve been thinking of moving to San Antonio because it’s cheaper

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    shouldve happened years ago...........holt kids know how boring san antonio is..........austin gets 20k a game for pro soccer...........austin will sell out the spurs arena no more empty seats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting that Austin money while helping develop San Antonio as a city. Smart plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austin already stole San Antonio's MLS franchise -- why not the Spurs?

But seriously, Austin is the only place the Spurs could move where I would still enthusiastically support them.

I grew up in both those towns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dell didn't invest upwards of $450 million for bragging rights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won't happen in our lifetime

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won't happen in our lifetime

Spur baball
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're trying to make the Spurs the NBA team of Austin like how Jerry has made the Cowboys SA's NFL team. Right now Austin is a toss up between Spurs/Mavs/Rox/rest of NBA.

As for the stadium, if they were planning on moving to Austin, they would have gotten in on the Moody arena being built on UT campus right now. The Austin FC owner had some insane locations on his want list for their stadium. Auditorium Shores being the most pie in the sky, which is mainly why they ended up where they are at. Plus it was a chemical waste site that the city essentially gave to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As for the stadium, if they were planning on moving to Austin, they would have gotten in on the Moody arena being built on UT campus right now.
    NBA arenas and on-campus college arenas are completely different animals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The LIBS in Austin in no way do they want an Arena brining in massive Traffic it's terrible enough it would take several hours to get in the arena and out if they ever built one and they wont

Spur baball
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed but it’s not being built as your typical on campus arena. The goal is to be a hub for concerts as well since they’re tearing down the Flan on 35. I was thinking that it could be a split use like MSG does for St John’s and the Knicks or Philly does with Villanova.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The move to Austin will make no difference when it comes to FA. I will never get the hype in here about Austin.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re basing this on an investment in a gaming team and because they’re having a watch party in Austin?

Fox Mulder would think you people are out there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve lived in Austin for 30 hrs and think SA is the perfect city for the Spurs.
    They are intertwined beautifully with the community, in fact, they pretty much wrote the book on how to do that.
    They can’t pull out from the deep infrastructure they have created.

Austin would not cheer like SA. There would be very few lifers here in the fan base. Half the people in Austin will move somewhere else within a decade. It’s a young and transient city. I love Austin, but, SA has too much heart to leave.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs move I don’t think it would be to Austin. That’s kinda a lateral move in my opinion.

Austin Spurs fans, like myself take the short drive down to watch them play. If they leave San Antonio for Austin they will lose a good portion of their fan base and all the casual military folks that watch them.

Austin is a cool city but a good portion of the folks who live here don’t care about basketball like that due to all the other stuff to do here from my little knowledge. Where as the folks in San Antonio love the team
    They'd sell more luxury boxes in Austin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should go back to downtown SA (or downtown Austin for that matter). We have one of the sh!ttiest arena locations in the league. Put it within walking distance to the hotels and nightlife and build more around it. The current location is terrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The LIBS in Austin in no way do they want an Arena brining in massive Traffic it's terrible enough it would take several hours to get in the arena and out if they ever built one and they wont
    And thank Christ for that cause if the spurs ever moved anywhere I’d quit being a fan.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao do LIBS hate traffic more than CONS?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should go back to downtown SA (or downtown Austin for that matter). We have one of the sh!ttiest arena locations in the league. Put it within walking distance to the hotels and nightlife and build more around it. The current location is terrible.
    What, you don't enjoy waiting in line 20 minutes for $30 parking, or walking through stockyards and getting harassed by homeless people on the way to the game?

Darn en led Millennials these days

Thread Information