Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m down. I’ve long thought one of Murray/White has to go. Id be ok sending Lonnie too.

Having Thad and that extra CHI pick helps.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why is this trade getting brought up everywhere? Is it because we are in denial and hoping for something? or someone hinted that spurs is not done?

Forbes one is questionable sign for sure, but spurs has done questionable things quite often...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why is this trade getting brought up everywhere? Is it because we are in denial and hoping for something? or someone hinted that spurs is not done?

Forbes one is questionable sign for sure, but spurs has done questionable things quite often...
    A little bit of column A and a little of column B, lol.

Spurs and Philly did talk about Simmons recently, with Philly’s steep offer being rejected. Makes sense they’d continue the conversation.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could be but I'd bet real money that Morey would prioritize getting White over Murray simply because he has better outside shooting..

First of all, I don't think there's a chance we go for Simmons.

I agree that Sixers would want White and not Murray. I'd also rather have DJ stay because Derrick just can't stay healthy.
    But then our spacing gets really questionable.

I've said it many times, Simmons is a horrible fit for this roster, even with the new additions.

If Simmons is on the roster, non-shooting big as a starter simply isn't an option. Jakob would have to go. No question about that.
    Keldon is also a poor shooter, as is DJ. You need at least 2 elite shooters and 2 decent ones surrounding Simmons or it's a disaster.

We've seen how awful our spacing was with DJ-Derrick-Keldon-DDR-Poeltl lineup. By far the worst in the league.
    And DDR has Curry range compared to Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This obsession with getting rid of Murray bro stop clinging to every last hope
    As I said in the post above yours, it could be White. But the Spurs have 19 contracts with some kind of guarantee in them. They wouldn't add Forbes to that if they didn't an on moving some guys.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In this world, I do see Jakob being expendable. Zollins and Jock, who can legit space make much more sense.

You can see a world where this SL has better shooting balance is:

White
    Lonnie
    Keldon
    Simmons
    Zollins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In this world, I do see Jakob being expendable. Zollins and Jock, who can legit space make much more sense.

You can see a world where this SL has better shooting balance is:

White
    Lonnie
    Keldon
    Simmons
    Zollins
    Zollins can’t even wipe his own ass

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said in the post above yours, it could be White. But the Spurs have 19 contracts with some kind of guarantee in them. They wouldn't add Forbes to that if they didn't an on moving some guys.
    It’s not popular but i also like a Wiggins + assets trade as a fall back. Spurs now have trade the ballast, Warriors will likely bring back Iggy, etc. It’s a question of what assets makes sense for taking back Wiggins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our future first round picks should be highly coveted given how stupid PATFO has become. Our next 5 picks are literal NBA gold.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Come on, there's no trade, there's no smokescreen

There is only agony

Oh, there might be a trade: one or two or all when dumping Samanic, Lonnie, or Ewbanks

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A little bit of column A and a little of column B, lol.

Spurs and Philly did talk about Simmons recently, with Philly’s steep offer being rejected. Makes sense they’d continue the conversation.
    ok thanks

the thing is if we are going for Simmons, we dont have to go for Forbes, we can go for Simmons first, and for some reason thinks we still need Forbes, then sign him after (unless we think he is highly coveted and needs to be fast)

So I dont see Forbes signing signaling a future trade. there may or may not be a trade, but Forbes signing seems like a weird thing that PATFO does for no good logic, rather than a step 1 of a well engineered move.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok thanks

the thing is if we are going for Simmons, we dont have to go for Forbes, we can go for Simmons first, and for some reason thinks we still need Forbes, then sign him after (unless we think he is highly coveted and needs to be fast)

So I dont see Forbes signing signaling a future trade. there may or may not be a trade, but Forbes signing seems like a weird thing that PATFO does for no good logic, rather than a step 1 of a well engineered move.
    There's either a trade of some sort or we waive players...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Come on, there's no trade, there's no smokescreen

There is only agony

Oh, there might be a trade: one or two or all when dumping Samanic, Lonnie, or Ewbanks
    no our future picks are a gold mine now that we are in tank mode. Now with every worse fa signing we make phili is ready to take our trash for a guy who wont even improve this team?! We laughed at chicago for having no picks,and now were willing to sell the farm to make sense of a ty offseason? I mean wtf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also apparently SOB is the guy who stood up for Ben when he ghosted the ANT this summer. If they had to lose Mills, bringing in another Aussie makes sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't foresee spurs and sixers closing the gap on a youth plus four 1st and four swaps.

Currently it's White, Poeltl, Young 1st as starter. And in all honesty, sixers are waiting out on the Lillard situation. So no, I don't think is remotely likely considering how far teams are.

But we have far to many players. A trade has to come somewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't think people get it. The Spurs added eight contracts this off-season against the 11 players they still had on their team. They can:

Waive Eubanks and eat only $500k
    Pull KBD's QO before he signs it
    For Wieskamp to sign overseas or a two-way
    Sign SOB to a two-way

If they do all of those things, they'll be down to 15 spots (plus the two-ways). But besides the second one, those all seem individually unlikely, let alone collectively. The thing is, the Spurs already have 18 of these deals before agreeing with Forbes. They already knew they didn't have room and signed him anyway. That suggests they know they're going to have room, but assuming neither Wieskamp nor SOB sign two-ways (again, this is likely), they don't even have enough off-season spots to sign their two-ways guys for camp yet. Sure, they can sign those guys after cuts (Jeffries might be a candidate for this), but right now, the Spurs aren't in a comfortable roster position. They don't HAVE to make a trade, but they certainly seem oriented toward doing that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cant wait for the next great move spurs have cookin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't foresee spurs and sixers closing the gap on a youth plus four 1st and four swaps.

Currently it's White, Poeltl, Young 1st as starter. And in all honesty, sixers are waiting out on the Lillard situation. So no, I don't think is remotely likely considering how far teams are.

But we have far to many players. A trade has to come somewhere.
    Haven't looked too much at ATL's roster spots, but a trade for Collins could still happen. It doesn't look as likely as with Simmons given that John doesn't require shooting in the same way. But maybe Primo, Young and Poeltl for Collins and Johnson makes sense for both clubs. ATL gets the back-up center and replacement four while apparently getting the prospect they were trying to trade up for. The Spurs get their starting PF and a prospect that would've made sense for them before the draft (outside of character concerns). Hopefully, the Spurs don't pay more than that for a guy they could've signed as a free agent. I wouldn't consider it really likely, but again, possibility.

Same for Siakam or Turner/Sabonis trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't think people get it. The Spurs added eight contracts this off-season against the 11 players they still had on their team. They can:

Waive Eubanks and eat only $500k
    Pull KBD's QO before he signs it
    For Wieskamp to sign overseas or a two-way
    Sign SOB to a two-way

If they do all of those things, they'll be down to 15 spots (plus the two-ways). But besides the second one, those all seem individually unlikely, let alone collectively. The thing is, the Spurs already have 18 of these deals before agreeing with Forbes. They already knew they didn't have room and signed him anyway. That suggests they know they're going to have room, but assuming neither Wieskamp nor SOB sign two-ways (again, this is likely), they don't even have enough off-season spots to sign their two-ways guys for camp yet. Sure, they can sign those guys after cuts (Jeffries might be a candidate for this), but right now, the Spurs aren't in a comfortable roster position. They don't HAVE to make a trade, but they certainly seem oriented toward doing that.
    SOB?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumping Samanic or Lonnie is a big danger.

Lonnie won't play with Forbes on the roster.

Samanic won't play with Young and McDermott and Keldon on the roster

And if anyone thinks it doesn't make sense to give up on young promising players ... Allow me to introduce you to the front office

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that I think theres a trade for a big player like the ones mentioned,

but I’d rather go for Siakam than anybody

raptors are much more inclined to fall for the potential of our youth because they favor athleticism

siakam and scottie barnes are a bad fit

Luka + Lonnie and whoever else for Siakam

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't looked too much at ATL's roster spots, but a trade for Collins could still happen. It doesn't look as likely as with Simmons given that John doesn't require shooting in the same way. But maybe Primo, Young and Poeltl for Collins and Johnson makes sense for both clubs. ATL gets the back-up center and replacement four while apparently getting the prospect they were trying to trade up for. The Spurs get their starting PF and a prospect that would've made sense for them before the draft (outside of character concerns). Hopefully, the Spurs don't pay more than that for a guy they could've signed as a free agent. I wouldn't consider it really likely, but again, possibility.
    Same for Siakam or Turner/Sabonis trades.
    Thinking about this too, but I don't see it. Atlanta might work, but I'm completely against trading DJ. I also wouldn't want to trade Lonnie as this would be the first season where he got the green light to shoot it from anywhere (at least I hope so). If we are moving young guys, Samanic is the guy I'm looking at. His position is completely overcrowded for him to get any playing time. Same thing with Vassell. Hawks need to cut some salary and Young would be a good replacement at PF for them. But if we sell the house for Collins, I'ma be pissed as we could've just offered him a contract with cap space. We shouldn't be giving up any of our young core to get him.

There's no way where I would send the Sixers Murray and White for Simmons. No way. A White move to Indiana for Turner or Sabonis would make sense, as I mentioned before. I think with all these expirings, a trade with ATL is most likely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said earlier......I don’t think we are done. I would be shocked if Lauri doesn’t end up here. We shall see.....

Thread Information