Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My goal: If Moody is available, field offers, and trade down for 19,21. Get Trey Murphy 3 and McBride or Garuba, or maybe even Ziaire if he’s still around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be Keon Johnson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My choices: 1. Alperen Sengun, 2. Moses Moody, 3. Corey Kispert. Sengun for a chance to draft an All-Star, Moody for the chance to draft another long wing who can defend and shoot and Kispert for the chance to draft for an immediate need.

If we draft Kispert/Moody, the Spurs must get John Collins in Free Agency and maybe try to bring Milutinov over to back-up / compete with Poeltl and hand the reins to Murray/White to do the ball handling. It will a solid team that will compete for the playoffs but may fall short.

If we draft Sengun, the Spurs should try to get Duncan Robinson and hoard/rent cap space to get more picks to rebuild further with this core and hope for more development by Samanic.
    You lost me at “Milutinov”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever they get needs to be a steal - the sad truth is Spurs should have traded DDR and/or Aldridge years ago and had a better pick but this FO is a farce so no confidence Spurs will do well tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh, I am flying later today and should be home in time for the start of the draft but just got a text from the airline my flight is delayed. I should still make it but this is some of the only "must see" tv I watch.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please don't fk this up spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were three polls (one for each of the last three months) and Kispert was on the first. After Kispert garnered zero votes, I replaced him with Jaden Springer in the second poll.

Would be funny if he is the pick though.
    I definitely think fans want a pick based on potential upside which leaves Kispert out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year my picks were: Saddiq Bey, Tyrese Haliburton, Desmond Bane, and I screamed to find a way to get Kenyon Martin Jr. in the second round. Three of those show up in just about every list of the top 10 rookies last season. Some rankings even have K-Mar2 at 10. The Spurs could have easily come up with two of those, and I think they could have worked a deal to wind up with three. (Which I would have done without question.) They would have a much brighter future if they had.

Of the players likely to be on the board this year, Davion Mitc will be the one the Spurs will kick themselves over, if they pass. He's a legit PG, and he's a lockdown defender. (Won the Naismith DPOY. Strong for his size, and tough.) Best of all, he can shoot the 3.

Just sayin'
    You have a good eye for talent. The picks last season weren’t the only hits. I remember you were very much advocating for taking a flyer on Fred Van Vleet who was undrafted. That stuck out to me bc that was a remarkable prediction.

Do stick around for the draft Zeus. The Olympus has missed your predictions on draftees. My one qualm on Mitc is height but there have been star PG who are small, so I am reconsidering my list of faves.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 07-29-2021 at 09:37 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh, I am flying later today and should be home in time for the start of the draft but just got a text from the airline my flight is delayed. I should still make it but this is some of the only "must see" tv I watch.
    Me too. I also want to see if there's truth to espn going to commercial break as the spurs are picking lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My goal: If Moody is available, field offers, and trade down for 19,21. Get Trey Murphy 3 and McBride or Garuba, or maybe even Ziaire if he’s still around.
    NY definitely wants to trade up.

If the Spurs don’t trade down it’s bc NY found a higher partner or they really like whoever is at 12. Should be fun to gain some insight based on their actions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great pictures!!!
    He already has wrinkles!! High forehead, high hair!
    He’s the pick!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NY definitely wants to trade up.

If the Spurs don’t trade down it’s bc NY found a higher partner or they really like whoever is at 12. Should be fun to gain some insight based on their actions.
    NY and SA aren’t really on dealing terms. Dolan accused the Spurs of tampering with Porzingas. Then, he busted our deal with Morris.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NY and SA aren’t really on dealing terms. Dolan accused the Spurs of tampering with Porzingas. Then, he busted our deal with Morris.
    I had forgotten about that, specially the Morris deal bc he ended up in the Clippers instead. I suppose if nothing happens with NY that’s the root.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will draft kispert, sengun or garuba.

But, if Wagner, Jones, or jalen Johnson fall...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chad Ford says Garuba, Murphy and SHARPE all in play for Spurs.

Sharpe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wagner won't be there and i'm not even going to venture a guess as to who the spurs pick but i'd be happy with sengun, duarte, moody and even kispert. i'd be a little disappointed if they go with kai, ziaire, isaiah, jalen or keon (although that would give us two really frenetic KJs).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    12. San Antonio Spurs

Moses Moody
    Arkansas
    SG

The Spurs are thought to be in the market for a starting-caliber big man to build around long-term, with Alperen Sengun penciled in as a strong candidate here by NBA teams, but off the board in this scenario. Sources around the Spurs say they will be taking a best-player-available approach to this draft, as they are about to embark on a rebuilding effort that will require stockpiling as much talent as possible regardless of positional fit. Moody seems to have plenty of fans around the NBA, with his draft range appearing to start around Golden State at 7 and likely falling no further than the Warriors' second pick at the end of the lottery. Moody is one of the youngest players in the draft, fits the long-armed, sweet-shooting "3 and D" profile every team is looking for, and is coming off a productive freshman season in the SEC.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...ttery-position

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Media has no ing idea what the spurs are doing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you post who they have for the Grizzlies bc I think he’s their target if they stand put at 10? I am not subscribed to espn insider.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://nbadraft.theringer.com/mock-draft

12. San Antonio Spurs

COREY KISPERT

Teams drafting late in the first round have pursued this pick from San Antonio, according to league sources. If the Spurs stay put, the choice remains unclear. The Spurs have interest in Alperen Sengun and Franz Wagner, but they are both already off the board in this mock, as they may be on Thursday night. Keon Johnson has also been connected to San Antonio. But Kispert is the choice here because of the 3-point shooting he’d bring to a team thirsty for reliable marksmen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://nbadraft.theringer.com/mock-draft

12. San Antonio Spurs

COREY KISPERT

Teams drafting late in the first round have pursued this pick from San Antonio, according to league sources. If the Spurs stay put, the choice remains unclear. The Spurs have interest in Alperen Sengun and Franz Wagner, but they are both already off the board in this mock, as they may be on Thursday night. Keon Johnson has also been connected to San Antonio. But Kispert is the choice here because of the 3-point shooting he’d bring to a team thirsty for reliable marksmen.
    There's also the part where the Hawks are offering Cam Reddish and the #20 pick for teams late in the lottery.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Media has no ing idea what the spurs are doing
    To be fair, neither do we...

Thread Information