Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun Sicko! And proud of it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not many Spurs tidbits this season. They were smokescreening a lot last season but this year it's back to silence.

-An international scout who a certain person in the Spurs front office goes to for opinions was asked a lot of questions regarding Giddey. But supposedly the questions weren't positive in nature. For example, he was asked to give his reasoning why Giddey isn't the next Zarko Paspalj. For those who don't know, Paspalj was a Euro prospect handpicked by Pop who was a 6-foot-9 perimeter player that was ultra skilled but turned out to just be too poor of an athlete to stick in the NBA.

-Same international scout wasn't asked at all about Sengun. That's not necessarily a negative but a little bit odd. When I asked him about Sengun, he was mostly positive about him but worries that his Turkey numbers were juiced because the team he's on is broke so they wanted to ensure they cash in on his contract buyout.

-A scout who is employed by an agent says he's 100% convinced Quentin Grimes would be taken at 41 if he's still on the board. He expects him to be gone by then but they see the Spurs as his safety net. Grimes' agent is Drew Eubanks' agent ... so there's a little bit of a connection there.

-Similar talk of the Spurs being the safety net for Ayo Dosunmu and Josh Primo -- but, as far as I can tell, that's more speculative in nature.

-Don't be surprised if their main second round targets are gone that the Spurs take AJ Lawson at 41 if he and his agent agree to sign a two-way deal. If he says no, the next target would be Aaron Wiggins.

Unfortunately, that's all I got. Last year, there were some names I knew weren't in the mix ... but this year I don't even know that.
    Nice find! Great safety net!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Wieskamp will wear #15. If DeMar doesnít return then maybe heíll switch to #10. Iím sure they told him it wasnít available yet since itís a fluid situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice find! Great safety net!
    Sadly I interpreted a "Primo's team feels good about the Spurs" text as a reference to the second round pick. Could have at least been mentally prepared for it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the end, I feel the tipping factor was BBIQ. What I've read on Primo tells a tale of how quickly he absorbs information and is able to show that understanding on the floor. That is a basis for leadership as well.

This team needs lots of BBIQ. White has it. Lonnie needs it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo is going to join Keldon as the face of the franchise shortly

Everything in the way of intangibles this dude has. He’s going to quickly adapt to the gleague and nba pace. His stroke is pure and consistent. His balance is incredible on the move, not the greatest athlete but has shown an ability to finish creatively at the rim.

easy to clown now but you look under the hood and this kid has it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys are super funny! Of course we should take the wait and see approach with this kid...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like what he said about letting players just play in the Summer league and not trying to Pigeon toe anyone and it's up to the player on how much or what role they want to do. I always thought Spurs were like real strict on allowing player only to do certain things during Summer League.?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like what he said about letting players just play in the Summer league and not trying to Pigeon toe anyone and it's up to the player on how much or what role they want to do. I always thought Spurs were like real strict on allowing player only to do certain things during Summer League.?
    Itís the opposite. Summer league is where you are likely to see someone do more -or attempt to do more- than youíve seen with the regular team.

For the rookies the coaches just generally want to get to know their game, what they like to do, what they are good at, for the sop res thereís usually specific things they are there to work on.

Thread Information