Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams just tweeted a cryptic message about keeping an eye out for jalen johnson tonight.
    Jalen Johnson at 12 would be exciting, tbh. It'd mean the Spurs think JJ is so talented that he's worth the gamble on his character.

Don't think it happens but it'd be one of the coolest outcomes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vegas 2021 NBA Draft Odds
    1st overall bet
    Cunningham-10000

2nd overall bet

Green -750

3rd overall bet

Mobley -750
    Suggs +300
    Barnes +1200
    Kuminga +1300

Individual player bets
    Bouknight U6.5 -160
    Wagner U9 -135
    Giddey U10.5 -240
    Moody U10.5 -120
    Sengun U12.5 -190
    Kispert U14 -140
    Mitc O12.5 -135
    Jones U15 -155
    Johnson O14 -170
    Duarte U15.5 -170
    Garuba O16.5 -150
    Williams U18.5 -125
    Jackson O20.5 -145
    Thomas U22.5 -170
    Springer O22.5 -145
    Cooper O23 -135
    Dosunmu U27 -140
    Mann O25.5 -190

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Johnson at 12 would be exciting, tbh. It'd mean the Spurs think JJ is so talented that he's worth the gamble on his character.

Don't think it happens but it'd be one of the coolest outcomes.
    It'd be one of the stupidest outcomes. Cool? A lazy, disinterested defender prone to slinging the basketball over players' heads and missing the rim entirely on three pointers who has quit on two different teams, including a dream college program. Cool?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tbh, I hope Dejounte can meme Duarte into reality. The "I can't believe the rebuilding Spurs took a wrinkled 24-year-old in the lottery!!!" meltdown would be entertaining. I also like him as a player, so there's that, too.

People are going to be shocked when a projected “role player” will end up being a top player on a good team. Duarte will be a top 5 scorer from this draft when it’s all said and done… well, unless the team who drafts him mismanages him badly. Duarte is as complete of an offensive player as they come and even excels as a go-to player. That’s rare.

Not to mention his leadership potential. His teammates in college rally around him. From watching all these interviews, there may be some that oozes that nice guy, humble Spurs personality, but few to none exhibits the leadership Duarte seems to have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'd be one of the stupidest outcomes. Cool? A lazy, disinterested defender prone to slinging the basketball over players' heads and missing the rim entirely on three pointers who has quit on two different teams, including a dream college program. Cool?
    See, picking JJ would also cause meltdowns, so it checks out on that front, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Johnson at 12 would be exciting, tbh. It'd mean the Spurs think JJ is so talented that he's worth the gamble on his character. Don't think it happens but it'd be one of the coolest outcomes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hawks are looking to trade Reddish and the 20th pick for a late lottery pick. I would do it if Sengun is not there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nevermind it was mentioned earlier

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See, picking JJ would also cause meltdowns, so it checks out on that front, too.
    Cool, stigginit is always a wise idea when wasting lottery picks and millions of bucks. Good thinking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we say that if the Spurs worked out Davion Mitc , there must be an ounce of interest at least in him?
    Definitely, hes not one of my favorites bc hes small but he competes on both ends, improved his shot, etc. Could be a Kyle Lowry type of talent? That’s an all star.

I think if the Spurs worked him out there’s interest at least, I’d agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he hasn't been picked already, The spurs will pick Sengun. Otherwise its Kispert. Both are decent players with no really big holes in their game. Someone will drop but I still think the spurs take Sengun or Kispert. Sorry no trades tonight, that's just the way the CIA pop & company operates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I like Mitc I would prefer his teammate Butler. The Spurs could trade down and get Butler if their favorites get drafted.
    Last edited by Kurik; 07-29-2021 at 12:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he hasn't been picked already, The spurs will pick Sengun. Otherwise its Kispert. Both are decent players with no really big holes in their game. Someone will drop but I still think the spurs take Sengun or Kispert. Sorry no trades tonight, that's just the way the CIA pop & company operates.
    This is my thinking. The other players on my short list will already be gone. This bars any trades -- I don't expect trades up, a trade down is very possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well now we know cade is going #1 for sure (no surprise), per woj.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hawks are looking to trade Reddish and the 20th pick for a late lottery pick. I would do it if Sengun is not there.
    I would do that trade in a heart beat if they wanted pick 12

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll be really surprised if the spurs take Kispert,I wouldn’t be mad but he just doesn’t strike me as a guy the spurs will take

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would do that trade in a heart beat if they wanted pick 12
    Wikipedia shows Cam Reddish is an Indiana Pacer already.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cam_Reddish

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He and Toppin are on such similar trajectories. They were both high ceiling, LOW floor guys, and if you pick that type high up in the lottery, they can get you fired. You want a guy with at least a medium floor. Reddish was on a couple of Likely to Bust lists that year he was drafted.
    Not going to lie, I googled this for this draft.
    I don’t care about the past or anything but I am curious about the likely to busts here this year.
    This guy has in rank: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/artic...12740_35490197
    1. Kai Jones
    2. Keon Johnson
    3. Jalen Johnson
    4. Kuminga

Do agree with Kai Jones specially the highest he goes. Interesting Ziaire is not there. Hmmm

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw a report on hoopshype that if Beal isn't being moved tonight that GS was open to packaging 7 + 14 for a player in a smaller deal. I assume wiggins would have to be attached. 7+ 14 + wiggins for DJ or white?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t care about the past or anything but I am curious about the likely to busts here this year.
    1. Kai Jones
    2. Keon Johnson
    3. Jalen Johnson
    4. Kuminga

Do agree with Kai Jones specially the highest he goes. Interesting Ziaire is not there. Hmmm
    Guessing Ziaire wasn't considered a lottery pick at the time. If you go later in the draft, the 'bust' tag is less likely, as the price/cost wasn't as high.

I agree with three of those four. If any are picked in the lottery, expectations of good, productive players will be very high. Kuminga and Jalen have the talent, questions still abound. I don't think there's any chance Kai Jones is a good pro. Keon Johnson has the motor and defensive effort to at least be effective; the question is putting everything else together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Kai Jones
    2. Keon Johnson
    3. Jalen Johnson
    4. Kuminga

Kais numbers are just really terrible. His block rate is < Kelly Olynyk in college, and there are guards with better rebounding rates. It’s one thing to pick a rim runner/shot blocker like Isaiah Jackson, and try to teach him some skills, but Kai isn’t even that. He’s a non shot blocker. He also doesn’t have great skills. Everyone has highlights, but you can’t draft in the lottery based on that.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chad Ford says Garuba, Murphy and SHARPE all in play for Spurs.

Sharpe?
    Hopefully that’s a trade down scenario for multiple picks. I was thinking earlier about Murphy and Garuba for the 19 and 21 picks if somehow possible.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sharpe??

By the way, is it a rule that UT only recruits athletic unskilled big men, and UNC only recruits skilled oafs? Seems to be a trend.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tbh, I hope Dejounte can meme Duarte into reality. The "I can't believe the rebuilding Spurs took a wrinkled 24-year-old in the lottery!!!" meltdown would be entertaining. I also like him as a player, so there's that, too.
    Funny thing about this is with all of our veterans players contracts up the spurs are I think the 3rd youngest team in the nba right now. Derrick at 27 is our olderst player under contract...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kais numbers are just really terrible. His block rate is < Kelly Olynyk in college, and there are guards with better rebounding rates. It’s one thing to pick a rim runner/shot blocker like Isaiah Jackson, and try to teach him some skills, but Kai isn’t even that. He’s a non shot blocker. He also doesn’t have great skills. Everyone has highlights, but you can’t draft in the lottery based on that.
    An older non-shotblocking, low skill, low feel guy who also has a mediocre wingspan and started fewer games as a sop re than as a freshman?

Sounds like the Spurs getting lucky

Thread Information