Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar salivating at the mle to join the new super team in la

so unless some team is willing to overpay demar its mle or we're stuck with him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar salivating at the mle to join the new super team in la

so unless some team is willing to overpay demar its mle or werecstuck with him
    I'd love for the Lakers to have a starting lineup of Westbrook, DeRozan, Scrub, LeBron and AD. The unintended comedy would be off the charts, tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook on the Lakers ain't a great fit but it checks two boxes:

1. Keeps Lebron happy with a big name(even if he's a low iq statpadder)
    2. Westbrook's inefficient, poor man's Lebron routine in the regular season will give James and his ancient legs the rest he needs for another post-season run

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 Hours until the Draft!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Jazz are Shopping the 30th pick to shed salary. Spurs should get in on this too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shamet to phoenix, for the 29th pick, per woj.
    Good move for Phoenix.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Jazz are Shopping the 30th pick to shed salary. Spurs should get in on this too
    Definitely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My final pre-draft thoughts

for 12, which is a weak spot to be in for this draft, I'm factoring in 3 key elements:

1. Outlier skill/tools: Will the player be near the top percentile of something that will make them a useful weapon, above replacement level despite other flaws?
    2. Entertainment Factor: If the Spurs are not going to be contenders, they can at least be fun to watch. Can the player qualify for minutes while bringing fun to the game? Even in 09-11 when the Spurs weren't real contenders, Manu by himself was fun to watch (and of course Tony and Tim, but I'm featuring off the bench play).
    3. Potential Elite Scoring Upside: Nobody at 12 should be expected to be a 25 point scorer eventually. But the Spurs will have problems scoring, and IF there's a player who IF everything works out, could he be that primary/secondary bucket-getter?

Taking all that into consideration, my hopes at 12 (assuming Kuminga is off)

1. Sengun. Hits all 3 factors. Mostly 1, some 2, little 3. Very few in the NBA will have his kind of post scoring skills, he should be at a 2014 Diaw on offense with his passing and posting and could be a lot more. Watching him tool up guys and hit dumb passes is fun. And small chance he can score like Sabonis when he cuts more and adds muscle.

2. Giddey. Mostly 2, some 1. I don't think he'll ever be a big scorer. Don't care for much of his defense. Very upright. But I want some Manu-style passes off the bench.

3. Ziaire. 3. It's not likely at all, but I think there's a chance he could be a big scorer, I like his scoring potential.

These are the guys that I think could be there, and could have an avenue to playing time. Keon Johnson could be fun to watch, but if he never plays with the Spurs crowded smalls, then it won't matter.

Garuba can play defense, but no scoring, not particularly entertaining for me with the lack of vertical pop. Buyout brings it's own stupid issues that I don't trust the Spurs front office to handle well.

Jalen Johnson I did not watch enough to truly rule out.

Wagner is going to be a very good glue guy. I don't care, lol. Won't score big, not particularly fun, not really going to be an outlier.

Same with Moody, though he might have more scoring potential, good luck finding playing time at 6-6.

Kai Jones I doubt has the basic skill level to ever see the court.

Duarte probably won't get much playing time either without a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will lol if the Wizards go from Westbrook to DeMar. Like wtf is the point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

for 12, which is a weak spot to be in for this draft, I'm factoring in 3 key elements:

1. Outlier skill/tools: Will the player be near the top percentile of something that will make them a useful weapon, above replacement level despite other flaws?
    2. Entertainment Factor: If the Spurs are not going to be contenders, they can at least be fun to watch. Can the player qualify for minutes while bringing fun to the game? Even in 09-11 when the Spurs weren't real contenders, Manu by himself was fun to watch (and of course Tony and Tim, but I'm featuring off the bench play).
    3. Potential Elite Scoring Upside: Nobody at 12 should be expected to be a 25 point scorer eventually. But the Spurs will have problems scoring, and IF there's a player who IF everything works out, could he be that primary/secondary bucket-getter?

1. Sengun. Hits all 3 factors. Mostly 1, some 2, little 3. Very few in the NBA will have his kind of post scoring skills, he should be at a 2014 Diaw on offense with his passing and posting and could be a lot more. Watching him tool up guys and hit dumb passes is fun. And small chance he can score like Sabonis when he cuts more and adds muscle.

2. Giddey. Mostly 2, some 1. I don't think he'll ever be a big scorer. Don't care for much of his defense. Very upright. But I want some Manu-style passes off the bench.

3. Ziaire. 3. It's not likely at all, but I think there's a chance he could be a big scorer, I like his scoring potential.

These are the guys that I think could be there, and could have an avenue to playing time. Keon Johnson could be fun to watch, but if he never plays with the Spurs crowded smalls, then it won't matter.

Garuba can play defense, but no scoring, not particularly entertaining for me with the lack of vertical pop. Buyout brings it's own stupid issues that I don't trust the Spurs front office to handle well.

Wagner is going to be a very good glue guy. I don't care, lol. Won't score big, not particularly fun, not really going to be an outlier.

Same with Moody, though he might have more scoring potential, good luck finding playing time at 6-6.

I wonder how a duarte or moody fit with lonnie,white,murray,vassel,and possibly demar/mills in tow?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Down to the earth Duarte hablando con el conductor de autobus

Bouknight and Moody dressing like Spurs picks. Sparkles ... not so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, where you been all these years? The Spurs are too cheap ass to buy a 2nd round pick, much less a 1st.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how a duarte or moody fit with lonnie,white,murray,cassel and possibly demar/mills in tow
    I think Duarte can play SF. Or push Vassell up even though he lacks size.

if Peja can play SF, guys a little shorter than him can too. Depends on the team make up. I could see it work if the Spurs want to run a lights out shooting offense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are they offering? Wouldn't really want favors....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how a duarte or moody fit with lonnie,white,murray,vassel,and possibly demar/mills in tow?
    They fit the same way White and Vassel fit their rookie years: They're not going to play without injury.

BUT without Gay and with DeMar gone, I do think there's more time at 4 and some big 3. Giddey's role at 6-8 I think gets him more time as a rookie than Duarte or Moody.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Sengun’s translator going to be with him all the time for a long time??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They fit the same way White and Vassel fit their rookie years: They're not going to play without injury.

BUT without Gay and with DeMar gone, I do think there's more time at 4 and some big 3. Giddey's role at 6-8 I think gets him more time as a rookie than Duarte or Moody.
    thats what i mean. Id prefer not to have a logjam so these young guys can play ,and grow. If mills and demar leave its much clearer to be sure. Not sure what direction spurs are going in yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good stuff. No big disagreements from me. Sengun and Giddey would be a lot of fun. I have questions about both but the entertainment value of watching their early career would be high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Duarte can play SF. Or push Vassell up even though he lacks size.

if Peja can play SF, guys a little shorter than him can too. Depends on the team make up. I could see it work if the Spurs want to run a lights out shooting offense.
    I'm not sure about this. Duarte seems more like a combo guard and someone who needs to be more active with the ball to produce. Moody seems more like a wing, same as Vassell.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Big no on Duarte at 12 - don't see the point in drafting somebody that's going to be 25 after they're done "getting over themselves" in Austin.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Sengun’s translator going to be with him all the time for a long time??
    Blatant Speculation Warning

Pretty young lady. Ya wonder if Sengun's got his girl a job? Probably on the side (ie not out of his salary).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Locking in my expectation. I'll sign off soon in order to avoid spoilers:

1. Not seeing what they want at #12, the Spurs will trade down.
    2. We will never really know who the Spurs were targeting.
    3. There might be a team or two diving up from the near-lottery, but it won't be for players we had on our board.
    4. Giddey and Sengun will both go top 10. But again look at #2.

Outside chance of a Kispert-like pick, Ziaire Williams, or an unexpected Josh Christopher-type. My dark horse has always been Keon Johnson and I might as well stick with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Reddish and #20 to move into the late lottery is intriguing to me. Could then hope Kai Jones slides to #20 or take Isaiah Jackson there. Having Reddish might help in money-whipping Collins as well with a young ex-teammate.
    If they get rid of Reddish, that’s one less player to pay in the next few years, and they’ll for sure match Collins.

If we are willing to ship assets to ATL, send them for Collins. Tell them we can work out a deal, or you’re matching a MAX contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My dark horse has always been Keon Johnson and I might as well stick with that.
    I could see Keon Johnson.

Not exactly hoping for that, but I could see it.

Thread Information