Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's also the part where the Hawks are offering Cam Reddish and the #20 pick for teams late in the lottery.
    I'd listen to that offer...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://nbadraft.theringer.com/mock-draft

12. San Antonio Spurs

COREY KISPERT

Teams drafting late in the first round have pursued this pick from San Antonio, according to league sources. If the Spurs stay put, the choice remains unclear. The Spurs have interest in Alperen Sengun and Franz Wagner, but they are both already off the board in this mock, as they may be on Thursday night. Keon Johnson has also been connected to San Antonio. But Kispert is the choice here because of the 3-point shooting he’d bring to a team thirsty for reliable marksmen.
    I think the unexpected for the Spurs this year wouldn’t be drafting Kispert.

The unexpected is going to be trading down… Thinking about it, it’s something that will disappoint me. I’d have to see what the trade is for, to up my spirits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, neither do we...
    I mean, that’s obvious. No one is here claiming to know. But these media people keep saying “what we’re hearing is they’ll take the best player available”. Just sounds like filler material because they have no idea what to write.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The unexpected is going to be trading down… Thinking about it, it’s something that will disappoint me. I’d have to see what the trade is for, to up my spirits.
    After reading the tidbit with the Hawks, wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Hawks offered that deal to the Spurs... just connecting the logical dots here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reddish can’t shoot the 3 ball. Why do we want another player who chokes the spacing?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think trading up or down makes more sense than standing pat (unless a Wagner or Kuminga drops). The draft from about 10 to 18 or 19 is fairly meh... there's better value in the 20's so, getting a couple of picks in that range increases the odds of hitting on a high upside prospect.

I'm basing this on the reports this morning that we ate taking a BPA approach and going into a rebuild.

Spurs Fan In Milan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we say that if the Spurs worked out Davion Mitc , there must be an ounce of interest at least in him?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reddish can’t shoot the 3 ball. Why do we want another player who chokes the spacing?
    Because some people feel like his playoff performance (60+%) from 3 indicates that he's starting to turn the corner and they want to buy low on that view... I'm not saying that's wrong or right and the same size is tiny but, the last time he was on the court was positive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams just tweeted a cryptic message about keeping an eye out for jalen johnson tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I want:
    Duarte, and they chase Collins
    Or Jalen Johnson, and they could settle for Lauri

What Spurs would do:
    Kispert, and they sign Lauri. And the Coyote wears bandana

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams just tweeted a cryptic message about keeping an eye out for jalen johnson tonight.
    yeah!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont see the tweet

Did Jalen quit on draft night too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because some people feel like his playoff performance (60+%) from 3 indicates that he's starting to turn the corner and they want to buy low on that view... I'm not saying that's wrong or right and the same size is tiny but, the last time he was on the court was positive.
    Recency bias.

He’s just a horrible offensive player. He shot 36%, OVERALL, and 26% from 3 this past season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont see the tweet

I didn’t see it either. People need to be careful not to follow fake Shams/Woj accounts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hawks shopping the 20th and Cam Reddish to move up. Anyone think 12 for 20 + Reddish would be a good deal? He seems pretty injury prone, still pretty young and raw though

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Recency bias.

He’s just a horrible offensive player. He shot 36%, OVERALL, and 26% from 3 this past season.
    You could be right... I'm not ready to say he's a bust myself...but I'm also not willing to pay a ton to find out either..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hawks shopping the 20th and Cam Reddish to move up. Anyone think 12 for 20 + Reddish would be a good deal? He seems pretty injury prone, still pretty young and raw though
    I'd consider it...I'm not sure I'd do it yet...it would depend on who might gall to 12 and what other options are on the table...but I'd have the conversation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont see the tweet

lol; and that's odd, it's gone now. it was his legit feed though as i've been refreshing it. woj has been silent to this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could be right... I'm not ready to say he's a bust myself...but I'm also not willing to pay a ton to find out either..
    He and Toppin are on such similar trajectories. They were both high ceiling, LOW floor guys, and if you pick that type high up in the lottery, they can get you fired. You want a guy with at least a medium floor. Reddish was on a couple of Likely to Bust lists that year he was drafted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year my picks were: Saddiq Bey, Tyrese Haliburton, Desmond Bane, and I screamed to find a way to get Kenyon Martin Jr. in the second round. Three of those show up in just about every list of the top 10 rookies last season. Some rankings even have K-Mar2 at 10. The Spurs could have easily come up with two of those, and I think they could have worked a deal to wind up with three. (Which I would have done without question.) They would have a much brighter future if they had.

Of the players likely to be on the board this year, Davion Mitc will be the one the Spurs will kick themselves over, if they pass. He's a legit PG, and he's a lockdown defender. (Won the Naismith DPOY. Strong for his size, and tough.) Best of all, he can shoot the 3.

Just sayin'
    I specifically remember you driving the Saddiq Bey Train. I was pretty meh on him but you were right

I don't see Mitc as a short-term or long-term fit on the Spurs but I'll make a mental note of your stance . . .

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i have a feeling that spurs gonna draft giddey and im not a fan of this

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He and Toppin are on such similar trajectories. They were both high ceiling, LOW floor guys, and if you pick that type high up in the lottery, they can get you fired. You want a guy with at least a medium floor. Reddish was on a couple of Likely to Bust lists that year he was drafted.
    That's true but two counter points- 1) We wouldn't be buying high on Reddish (at least I hope we wouldn't) and 2) if I had to bet between Reddish and Obi I'd bet of Reddish because I believe his defensive potential is higher and because his confidence level looked better post injury this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chad Ford says Garuba, Murphy and SHARPE all in play for Spurs.

Sharpe?
    There'd be an epic meltdown if the Spurs pick Sharpe at 12 -- led by me, tbh.

So, yeah, that makes it a possibility

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He already has wrinkles!! High forehead, high hair!
    He’s the pick!

Tbh, I hope Dejounte can meme Duarte into reality. The "I can't believe the rebuilding Spurs took a wrinkled 24-year-old in the lottery!!!" meltdown would be entertaining. I also like him as a player, so there's that, too.

Thread Information