Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BLUF Westbrick not a perfect player but a uva a pick up for what trash they gave up and now a favorite- with Nets and Bucks

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    BLUF Westbrick not a perfect player but a uva a pick up for what trash they gave up and now a favorite- with Nets and Bucks
    DDR. Rudy Gay. Now 50 Mills are all connected to the Lakers

If you were Pelinka, which would you try to ink? Personally, I'd take DDR but he too expensive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair. But let's not forget, he's a 3rd option at best. AlphaBrook will happen when Bron sits, but as a 3rd option? I'll take it.
    That’s the thing that big market teams will always benefit from. They can afford to pay $40M to a third option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This looks like a good trade for LA. Love Russ

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That’s the thing that big market teams will always benefit from. They can afford to pay $40M to a third option.
    $44M, but points taken.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What are your thoughts midnightpulp?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR. Rudy Gay. Now 50 Mills are all connected to the Lakers

If you were Pelinka, which would you try to ink? Personally, I'd take DDR but he too expensive.
    You'd take Mills over Shroder?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the trade for LA but leave it to lefty the biggest LeRoid apologist to really love it - nothing to see here
    I actually don’t like Lebron, but keep assuming, jealous Lebron hater

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You'd take Mills over Shroder?
    I would Especially with Chuckbrook in tow.

Patty can shoot and we need shooters. I trust Vogel to hide him on defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would Especially with Chuckbrook in tow.

Patty can shoot and we need shooters. I trust Vogel to hide him on defense
    Oh man, and you guys hated Danny Green who was just as good a three point shooter but also a strong defender and not the turnstile fat wombat is.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh man, and you guys hated Danny Green who was just as good a three point shooter but also a strong defender and not the turnstile fat wombat is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys really should bring Schroder back. I don't think you're going to do better on the MLE market and you'll probably get one or two decent on their last legs former stars to come play for minimum for a shot at a le anyways. In a normal year maybe you'd be ok on the MLE market, but last two years I'm guessing the players had to give every cent of that escrow fund that takes 10% of their salaries and then returns it if revenue projections are hit (which they obviously weren't with empty arenas). And with how SARS-CoV-2 is blowing up again in the US gotta imagine next season will begin in empty arenas again so the players will probably be giving that escrow fund to the owners again next year. 3 years of 10% haircuts on their salary I think is going to make everyone look for as much as they can get on the market and not take shorts vs a normal year when they might.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys really should bring Schroder back. I don't think you're going to do better on the MLE market and you'll probably get one or two decent on their last legs former stars to come play for minimum for a shot at a le anyways. In a normal year maybe you'd be ok on the MLE market, but last two years I'm guessing the players had to give every cent of that escrow fund that takes 10% of their salaries and then returns it if revenue projections are hit (which they obviously weren't with empty arenas). And with how SARS-CoV-2 is blowing up again in the US gotta imagine next season will begin in empty arenas again so the players will probably be giving that escrow fund to the owners again next year. 3 years of 10% haircuts on their salary I think is going to make everyone look for as much as they can get on the market and not take shorts vs a normal year when they might.
    Interesting financial breakdown of the current situation. I actually learned something from this breakdown.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Agreed. I like Schröder, for the record. He was coming into his own until he caught the Rona. Bad playoff showing tanked his value.

And be gotta be kicking himself for not taking $84M (Conley - who was an all star and Dennis was not, is being offered 3/$60M).

We'll see what Pelinka does. I wanted him back but they paying Russ $44M. We need 3&D players. If Dennis is gone, hope they can S&T him and get some serviceable players in return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ernesto you know you want to see this guy ring again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. I like Schröder, for the record. He was coming into his own until he caught the Rona. Bad playoff showing tanked his value.

And be gotta be kicking himself for not taking $84M (Conley - who was an all star and Dennis was not, is being offered 3/$60M).

We'll see what Pelinka does. I wanted him back but they paying Russ $44M. We need 3&D players. If Dennis is gone, hope they can S&T him and get some serviceable players in return.
    Schroder seems like he's in a good position to demand a big payday from the Lakers. It's either him or MLE in a weak FA class.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Folks are really overrating the trade. He’s no longer a good defender. And will be a liability in the playoffs, taking 16 shots a game in the playoffs away from LeBron and AD and hitting just 5 of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Folks are really overrating the trade. He’s no longer a good defender. And will be a liability in the playoffs, taking 16 shots a game in the playoffs away from LeBron and AD and hitting just 5 of them.
    I think Fakers got better period as Westbrick despite faults competes harder than almost anyone and will set up James and Davis good looks - if LAL gets a couple shooters they likely win a legit le this time

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nonsense He can still defend son

His defense is right up there with Dejounte Murray. You were saying?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Russ is the 5th best POA defender in the league. at Michael Jordan.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Russ lead the league in assistisis (11.7) last year. When Bron sat, deficits increased or leads shrunk last year. I can see Russ and AD 2-man game keeping the Lakers afloat to prevent the many 5min scoring drouts they had at inopportune times last season.

I don't like his price tag, but Russ raises the Lakers floor. Depending on what Rob does with the rest of the roster will determine if they can reach their ceiling.

The rumor mill is already heated up. We'll get more clarity starting tomorrow. I know LeGM is working the phones right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrible pick up tbh. Other than Rondo, Westbrook has the most inflated bloatware stats in the last 10 years...empty numbers. Sure, he can hand out assists, but how is this going to mesh with Lebron's game?

3pt shooting percentage of a paltry 25%. a total fg % of 43.7% from the floor last year, and that was with Beal getting double teamed...that number is unlikely to increase, and more likely to decrease. His stellar shooting of 65.9% from the line certainly doesn't do much to salvage his ability to get there.

His numbers have been dropping consistently over the last few years. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate how hard Westbrook plays, but going to the Lakers is just a bad match, especially for the price, and before I hear the usual Lebron will elevate his numbers argument, be sure to explain how.

Lebron kicks to Westbrook for 3...umm...no.

Westbrook kicks the ball out to Lebron...that isn't Lebron's game.

Lebron and Davis are strong rebounders, which cancel out one of Westbrooks biggest strengths. That leaves the Westbrooks assists, which takes the ball out of Lebron's hands. Ask the GM's across the league and they would like that idea.

Can Westbrook get some numbers without Lebron on the floor, like his usual rebounds, sure, but where do the rebounds lead to if Lebron or Davis are not on the court? In fairness, Westbrook and Davis can be special when paired up, but Davis is injury prone and you can't count on him being on the floor.

Lastly, the mileage on Westbrook is getting high, his body is more likely to break down due to his very high past usage and the aggressive nature of the way he plays the game. Westbrook will be 33 in November, but he has at least an extra 2 years on his body. A 6'3" guard that can't shoot the 3 to on a team that ranked 12th in 3pt shooting last season is only going to bring that percentage down.

The age of the team just went up. In a year that saw myriad injuries, to get older doesn't make sense.

Now to the price of getting Westbrook:

Losing Pope's 41% 3pt shooting
    Kuzma shot only shot 33.8 from 3, but I would take that over Westbrooks 25%. *BTW, Kuzama will become a much better player once away from Lebron*
    Harrell's 61% shooting from the floor cleaning up other's misses, and matching up with small ball teams.

Now some of these losses could be covered with new signings, but with little money left, that gets much tougher to accomplish.

Acquiring Westbrook just makes no sense. I compare it to when Houston signed CP3. Bump this next year if I am wrong and I will come to the table to eat my helping of crow, but I will most likely be bumping it when it turns out that I was right.
    Last edited by callo1; 08-01-2021 at 07:45 PM.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Nonsense He can still defend son

His defense is right up there with Dejounte Murray. You were saying?
    Yeah must been why Washington was so bad on defense. Look at his defensive rating.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    110 defensive rating. That’s Hardenesque. What’s worse than that, Russ had a d rating of 122 in the playoffs. Not even Harden ever played that bad defensively

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kuuze giving Laker Phans more.
    Is that a pink floor in Sthapleths Cthenter?
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CR9cCffpq2X/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Thread Information