Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don’t see this working unless they flip a whole bunch of the other guys for some elite shooting.

If somehow reminds me of the Suns getting shaq.
    Still time to get more shooting. I suspect we'll find out the complete trade around August 2nd. I say that because the Lakers promised Schröder a starting spot. No way that happens with Russ in tow. My dream scenario is that Buddy is on the way too, but they can't say nothing (see what happened with the Bucks last year with Bogi for example).

I don't love this trade, but like any other player that dons the P&G, Russ will get my full support.

I don't think he will change his game much. Sure he's done nothing up and until now with other teams but pad stats, but I think he will be welcomed to LA. Bron is too old to be the only penetrator/shot creator for 4 quarters. I foresee him giving those duties to Russ in the first 3 quarters (to preserve him all season) with Bron getting just enough of a rest to close games.

I'm most looking forward to seeing their fast break. Bron AD and Russ can all snatch a rebound and ignite fastbreaks. And Russ will also be allowed to pair with AD to lead 2nd units when Bron goes to the bench to post up guards and get to the stripe.

I'm tempering my expectations for this team, but to know we have 3 stars again means we will have some ring chasers coming to team up with them. Let's see what Pelinka's magic wand can do with the rest of the roster. To be continued son.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Indeed, that was our fault for running Rondo & Howard off & bringing Harrell & Schroeder in. Harrell could handle the regular season, but, Schroeder couldn't handle the regular, or, post season worth a tinker's dam.

+ we're rid of Kuzma.

Westbrook is now set up. We'll see if he's serious, or, just comin' over to around with James.
    Culley, the man ed up in a D’antoni offense. A offense all about scoring.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lebron's probably planning to do the load management thing on a regular basis from now on imo, we'll see a drop in his minutes too.

While Westbrook and AD carry the team during the regular season. Allowing Lebron to be fresh and injury free come playoff time and Westbrook to do his trademark regular season stat-padding.

I still liked KCP's defense, even when his shot was off. Kuzma, on the other hand, good riddance. About 3 seasons too late.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Indeed, that was our fault for running Rondo & Howard off & bringing Harrell & Schroeder in. Harrell could handle the regular season, but, Schroeder couldn't handle the regular, or, post season worth a tinker's dam.

+ we're rid of Kuzma.

Westbrook is now set up. We'll see if he's serious, or, just comin' over to around with James.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Culley, the man ed up in a D’antoni offense. A offense all about scoring.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mike D only wanted 3 things in his offense:

3ptrs
    Layups/dunks
    No midrange shots

Russ was a poor fit to begin with. Analytics will get players traded and coaches fired. The midrange game is still important, but Mike D doesn't see it that way. Probably why he never won, despite all the talent he's had in Phoenix, LA, and Brooklyn.

I think we may be overrating him a bit. His 2007 choke still pisses me off to the highest degree of pisstivity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They get out of Westbrick's awful contract and get a first round pick to boot.
    They get a big trade exception

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lebron needs moar help!!!!

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Lebron's probably planning to do the load management thing on a regular basis from now on imo, we'll see a drop in his minutes too.

While Westbrook and AD carry the team during the regular season. Allowing Lebron to be fresh and injury free come playoff time and Westbrook to do his trademark regular season stat-padding.

I still liked KCP's defense, even when his shot was off. Kuzma, on the other hand, good riddance. About 3 seasons too late.
    Westbrook can’t play back to backs either. Just FYI.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mike D only wanted 3 things in his offense:

3ptrs
    Layups/dunks
    No midrange shots

Russ was a poor fit to begin with. Analytics will get players traded and coaches fired. The midrange game is still important, but Mike D doesn't see it that way. Probably why he never won, despite all the talent he's had in Phoenix, LA, and Brooklyn.

I think we may be overrating him a bit. His 2007 choke still pisses me off to the highest degree of pisstivity
    The Lakers guarding Westbrook like this wasn’t Mike’s fault lol

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Lakers guarding Westbrook like this wasn’t Mike’s fault lol

Vogel won't force a square into a round hole though

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    True, you can never have enough.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Did you say this about KD last year?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Vogel won't force a square into a round hole though
    But see that’s the problem. Westbrook does not fit that team because he will be taking away shots from both LeBron and Davis. Russ has actually been a statistical negative his last 4 times in the playoffs on offense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is 37 and AD can’t lead a team to the playoffs, so the Westbrook acquisition will allow Lebron do rest during the regular season and be fresh for the playoffs.
    A well rested Bron is a scary thing for his opponents

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But see that’s the problem. Westbrook does not fit that team because he will be taking away shots from both LeBron and Davis. Russ has actually been a statistical negative his last 4 times in the playoffs on offense
    Fair. But let's not forget, he's a 3rd option at best. AlphaBrook will happen when Bron sits, but as a 3rd option? I'll take it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Did you say this about KD last year?
    KD is just as much of a beta, Juancho, but at least you dont have people (including himself) preteding hes the goat

Meanwhile, Lebron...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    KD is just as much of a beta, Juancho, but at least you dont have people (including himself) preteding hes the goat

Meanwhile, Lebron...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is 37 and AD can’t lead a team to the playoffs, so the Westbrook acquisition will allow Lebron do rest during the regular season and be fresh for the playoffs.
    A well rested Bron is a scary thing for his opponents
    I like the trade for LA but leave it to lefty the biggest LeRoid apologist to really love it - nothing to see here

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Looks like another ship comin 4 my Lakas............................................. ............

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate the lakers (on strictly a sports level) but this is a good move for them. They gave up literal trash for a dude who gives 100% every single play and might actually fall under line under Lebron. KD is soft as , Lebron isn't. At least not on the court. And I hate all those suckers so a rare praise to the Lakers FO for having the balls to do this. May blow up in their face, but I honestly doubt it and I think they will be highly compe ive with Nets if everyone is healthy on both sides, and the pick is inconsequential, they would've either wasted it, or hit and got impatient in the second or third year with them not being top 5 all nba's players and trade them.

Pulling for Westbrook, I think he gets a lot of unwarranted hate, dude is a true baller and a no-bull kind of person when I can respect. Honestly if he led the bench group (as a Manu-role) he'd probably make Lakers the favorite. Can you imagine him thrashing bench players? lmao.

EDIT: Not to mention though, I think Clippers, Warriors, Nuggets, Mavs and Jazz will be heavy contenders to those two as well. Bucks too in the east (though I don't see anyone else stepping up from out there) and Suns possibly if CP3 can give it one more year of all-star play.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Fair. But let's not forget, he's a 3rd option at best. AlphaBrook will happen when Bron sits, but as a 3rd option? I'll take it.
    He ain’t taking the third option role brotha. Lol it may look like it. But no

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We grilling some asada for the new trade moves, fidel?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't. This is the same playbook the Lakers always pull. They will get a high lvl player that's bought out for pennies on the dollar with the MLE too

Hope the team takes a helicopter ride
    I'm already speculating they are going to get a good player with MLE that is going to take pay cut in hopes of getting ring. They will also get another ring chasing that will sign for the league minimum. So I expect them to get two good players in FA.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We grilling some asada for the new trade moves, fidel?

Actually sauteed Chilaquilés

Thread Information