Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No Hakeem, no Duncan, no Jabbar.

But they had Klay Thompson's 11 3 pter game, 2 Jordan games and 2 Lebron games.
    Last edited by ambchang; 04-08-2022 at 07:55 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

No Hakeem, no Duncan, no Jabbar.

But they had Klay Thompson's 11 3 pter game, 2 Jordan games and 2 Lebron games.
    Obviously you Spur fans are biased but Timmy had some monster games where the numbers were not the full story.
    There was one game in first le run where maybe it wasn’t 40 but he killed the opponent on both ends methodically and surgically.
    Anchored the paint with David with timely blocks grabbed “rebounds like Charles Barkley”
    But young Tim was in his bag - the bank shot, the drop step, inside reverse pivot it wasn’t always pretty but it was so efficient and effective. That was the day I said I would trade a more dominant Shaq for him straight up. People said I was crazy especially after Shaq led us to a le the next year but I knew Tim was the better all around player.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 04-08-2022 at 08:16 AM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JFC shooting 18-41 gets you a top 10 playoff performance all time but 21/20/10/8 to clinch a le doesn't? If only Duncan had stepped over Kenyon Martin instead of holding him to 3/23 shooting.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    JFC shooting 18-41 gets you a top 10 playoff performance all time but 21/20/10/8 to clinch a le doesn't? If only Duncan had stepped over Kenyon Martin instead of holding him to 3/23 shooting.
    not saying I disagree, but it's kind of an apples to oranges comparison

Iverson's performance came as a massive underdog against arguably the most dominant playoff team of all time

Timmy's came as massive favorites against a very underwhelming opponent, and his shooting wasn't particularly efficient especially for a big man. thats not to dismiss how awesome of a performance it still was, just that the cir stances were very different between the two games, and I definitely understand why Iverson's performance is fondly remembered

the one I feel is honestly out of place is the shrug game. it was fantastic for sure but only remembered because Jordan shrugged over his hot half. there was nothing crucial about the game or situation tho, it was a blowout in a game 1 against a massively inferior team. I felt there were better performances and it gets overrated just because it was Jordan.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lukas 43, 17, 13 + a game wiiners performance vs the Clippers is better than most of those on that video.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Lukas 43, 17, 13 + a game wiiners performance vs the Clippers is better than most of those on that video.
    yeah it was pretty amazing, against elite defenders and a huge comeback as well. unfortunately will never get its well deserved due since it was in the 1st round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nash had some epic playoff games against the Mavs. The dude is remembered as a loser but he stepped up BIG in the playoffs in Phoenix for those years. I'd rather have him than Iverson on that list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    03 Finals Game 6 comes to mind immediately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    >ESPN

Ya lost me there.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well we know that no laker will make this list hia year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top performance of all time in playoff game: June 2014, game 1, championship game versus San Antonio, “The Cramp.”

LeBrick’s Oscar moment imo, with Wade in supporting role as dejected player on realizing that the Championship had slipped away.

Almost forgot.
    Last edited by Ef-man; 04-09-2022 at 03:50 PM.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CIA Pop's finest moment

uh yeah about that rattlesnake in your locker .... we're in a ... desert ... yeah ... that's the ticket

and about that a/c failure ... we're in a .... blackout ... yeah ... that's the ticket

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe on road vs Sacto was pretty amazing but only in found one so I get it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan had a quadruple double in the 2003 finals. Nobody did that ever

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Duncan had a quadruple double in the 2003 finals. Nobody did that ever
    actually he didn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nash had some epic playoff games against the Mavs. The dude is remembered as a loser but he stepped up BIG in the playoffs in Phoenix for those years. I'd rather have him than Iverson on that list.
    I don't think Nash is remembered as a loser. He gave the Spurs fits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top performance of all time in playoff game: June 2014, game 1, championship game versus San Antonio, “The Cramp.”

LeBrick’s Oscar moment imo, with Wade in supporting role as dejected player on realizing that the Championship had slipped away.

Almost forgot.
    This came while Lebron was doing extremely well. This changed the trajectory of the series as Lebron needed IV fluids during this stretch. I don't think he was faking it.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

Almost forgot.
    re ed.

miami was leading when he first had the cramps. he came back in with miami down 4, immediately got a layup to cut it to 2, then thats when he had to be carried off. not sure how anyone could logically believe he was faking. dramatic? sure, but hes not the only one by any means.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not just that, the series wasn't anywhere near over. The Spurs took over late in that game and won by 15, but the game was much closer than that until the very end. The Heat also won game 2 and took away HCA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    actually he didn't.
    He did. There’s video proof of it. The Spurs clock and stats personal at the time was the tiest in the league. They randomly gave 2 of Tims blocks to David. Is it in the record books? Nope. But it did happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Nash is remembered as a loser. He gave the Spurs fits.
    Unfortunately he is remembered as one. Shaq isn’t helping by saying the bull that he should’ve won both of Nash’s MVPs. Dude sucked in 06. Idk what he is smoking. People say it was all D’Antoni and his system and that Nash wasn’t that good. His teams always fell short. He never came up big for them. It’s sad to see bc Nash was for like 3 years, the greatest point guard I have ever seen in my life. (I never saw Magic or prime Zeke).

Imo no 90s or 00s or 10s point guard comes close to peak level Nash. Maybe Curry but that guy never really elevated in the playoffs the way Nash did. That 3-1 blown lead made me really look at him differently (fair or not).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately he is remembered as one. Shaq isn’t helping by saying the bull that he should’ve won both of Nash’s MVPs. Dude sucked in 06. Idk what he is smoking. People say it was all D’Antoni and his system and that Nash wasn’t that good. His teams always fell short. He never came up big for them. It’s sad to see bc Nash was for like 3 years, the greatest point guard I have ever seen in my life. (I never saw Magic or prime Zeke).

Imo no 90s or 00s or 10s point guard comes close to peak level Nash. Maybe Curry but that guy never really elevated in the playoffs the way Nash did. That 3-1 blown lead made me really look at him differently (fair or not).
    Hard to consider a HOFer a loser. It doesn't make any sense and if you consider the Suns and Spurs rivalry to be some of the best basketball of that era, then you have to give Steve his due. Dude wasn't a quitter.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    i think nash is mainly viewed as a loser by spurfans

most any objective nba fan knows how good he was

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agreed, Shaq was just salty AF
    Nash was truly an impact player on that Suns team
    As a Spurs fan he was frustrating because he made every damn contested fadeaway midrange shot against us

Thread Information