Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess this is as good as it's going to get as far as highlights are concerned for him

Nice! I like the fact that he's bigger than his defender!

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess this is as good as it's going to get as far as highlights are concerned for him

what ppl don't understand is that only the top tier of players can make some of these shots he is making and then only an elite few can make it look that polished and easy, speaking specifically with those finger rolls etc. He is highly skilled and talented. The more remarkable thing though is his character in cahoots with that potential. You kind of expect this kind of talent and/or skill in the lottery just not usually at the bottom fourth...

I don't know how ppl can't see this.. this is not normal. preseason or not. he has no weakness as far as I'm concerned. He's a playmaker at both sides of the ball, he can create his shot and dish, he can handle the ball and play off it, and he may be a work horse scorer and closer or cleaner I believe the term is. Sniffer or not, it's not about numbers to me but seeing what he can do. For example it's easy to see the rest of our players limitations. He's just the best prospect we have had in a long long time. Can't believe he fell...

the kid is just so graceful and polished for his age man...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what ppl don't understand is that only the top tier of players can make some of these shots he is making and then only an elite few can make it look that polished and easy, speaking specifically with those finger rolls etc. He is highly skilled and talented. The more remarkable thing though is his character in cahoots with that potential. You kind of expect this kind of talent and/or skill in the lottery just not usually at the bottom fourth...

I don't know how ppl can't see this.. this is not normal. preseason or not. he has no weakness as far as I'm concerned. He's a playmaker at both sides of the ball, he can create his shot and dish, he can handle the ball and play off it, and he may be a work horse scorer and closer or cleaner I believe the term is. Sniffer or not, it's not about numbers to me but seeing what he can do. For example it's easy to see the rest of our players limitations. He's just the best prospect we have had in a long long time. Can't believe he fell...

the kid is just so graceful and polished for his age man...
    That’s the mark of true talent. When one watches the truly talented guys in the league they make the game look easy, to the point where one wonders why doesn’t every other guard play like this or that, etc.

For example, with guys like Lonnie, one can see he’s talented, physically gifted, a specimen. He could do so much, but rim finishes, decision making just isn’t all there. Well if it were easy he would have already figured it out. Primo is figuring it out quicker. He already took control of the situation unafraid. He didn’t need plays run for him or for Pop to call his number or nobody to tell him to go get it. He goes and does it, and makes it look easy. At his age that’s significant.

That’s not to say he won’t have off nights or games where he’s struggling with some defensive scheme or a particularly pesky defender. The league is full of good players and some will test him, that’s why one would want him to play regular minutes and to start if he earns it, to give him the opportunity of getting tested, of playing against the best, learning from the bad nights and becoming even better, that’s what greats do. And if he doesn’t hit a rookie wall then you have someone really special for now and the future.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice! I like the fact that he's bigger than his defender!
    If I am scoring correctly, four of Primo's seven shots were against centers (Azubuike 2, Bolden, Whiteside), one forward (O'Neale) one swing g/f (Oni), one guard (Teague).
    Nice Samanic pick.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s the mark of true talent. When one watches the truly talented guys in the league they make the game look easy, to the point where one wonders why doesn’t every other guard play like this or that, etc.

For example, with guys like Lonnie, one can see he’s talented, physically gifted, a specimen. He could do so much, but rim finishes, decision making just isn’t all there. Well if it were easy he would have already figured it out. Primo is figuring it out quicker. He already took control of the situation unafraid. He didn’t need plays run for him or for Pop to call his number or nobody to tell him to go get it. He goes and does it, and makes it look easy. At his age that’s significant.

That’s not to say he won’t have off nights or games where he’s struggling with some defensive scheme or a particularly pesky defender. The league is full of good players and some will test him, that’s why one would want him to play regular minutes and to start if he earns it, to give him the opportunity of getting tested, of playing against the best, learning from the bad nights and becoming even better, that’s what greats do. And if he doesn’t hit a rookie wall then you have someone really special for now and the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To put the whole 2021 draft in perspective, it sucked.

There were were no great options at 12.

I liked Bouknight but he went 11 (and hasn't really sizzled so far anyway).

I liked Kai Jones (who was available at 12) but he hasn't hit. At least not yet.

Sengun looked (and looks) like a high-end role player. Not worth 12.

It was a bad draft and the Spurs made a bad pick.

But usually bad picks are just bad picks -- they don't result in a cascade of legal issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always good re-reading these comments and where peoples heads were at..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still appropriate, tbh . . .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2021 was really rough after Franz tbh. Duarte at 24 was far away the best on ball guy and nobody was really close. I guess the play in that draft is just get an older high quality role player. Trey Murphy or Herb Jones for wings. Grimes or Ayo for guards. 3 of those guys are mocked in the second round and Trey was a very late riser.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You actually nailed this. Btw, I got clowned for pointing out how much he was being a ball handler last year and how it was already evident they were slotting him to be a PG even then. Re-watching that clip makes it clear they always saw him as the PG even when we had Dejounte and White and Tre.

I'll never get that pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still appropriate, tbh . . .
    Thank goodness the FO did a 180 overall. Re-reading some of these threads last few years had me feeling like a fortune teller - but with doom. Thankfully, SA FO has done a lot of good, picked a direction and executed well in terms of asset management and setting themselves up all around.

This one never made sense, same with Doug signing, but they have done well overall despite that lately.

Thread Information