Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO playing chess while the suckers play checkers... this guy has primo quality written all over him. Just need to add a bit of culture and we have the next patty thrills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

C+ from these guys. But what do they know

Draft kings gave us a c which was the lowest of the draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The good news is that if Gay leaves Samanic will have a lot of playing time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    surprisingly good post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nbc sports have spurs as losers in this years draft. Heres what they had to say

San Antonio- The Spurs took a flier on Josh Primo at pick 12, and while I have nothing against the kid, this was way too soon. I get it when teams have to grab their guy, but why not trade back? Primo likely would’ve fallen to the end of the first round so I’m not loving the reach. At only 18 years old, I don’t expect Primo to get much run as a rookie but I don’t doubt that the developmental staff will turn him into a nice player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The good news is that if Gay leaves Samanic will have a lot of playing time.
    Millsap is coming

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wake me up when we have a top 5 pick talent on our roster to compare against. Otherwise this comparison is utter bull
    no its not, this teams were tanking or trading their assets to get this players and spurs during this time were fighting for playoffs while not having any chance to get there(at max 1st rnd exit, which even didn't happen). And yesterday we wasted a pretty high draft pick for a second rounder guy. that's embarrassing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo might already be the best young shooter on the team. Him and weiskamp.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love it. You guys need to chill. Let him play a few months, before you throw him under the bus. Spurs going for upside is the right move. Nobody knows, where Primo would have been picked from another team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love it. You guys need to chill. Let him play a few months, before you throw him under the bus. Spurs going for upside is the right move. Nobody knows, where Primo would have been picked from another team.
    i am fine with the player but the value just isn’t good. Even that I would be okay with but we all know the front office will strike out in FA or even worse pay some over the hill guys some stupid contracts that end up getting bought out. I have 0 faith in PATFO

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's the lowest I saw from them when I was looking at the tiles of their's showing.

The rest were all B+ and A+

Their version of an F.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a Minnesota Vikings fan, this reminds me of their Christian Ponder pick.

Also A Pacers Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's because Spurs wanted to "compete" instead of blowing it up and wasted three years treadmilling with fake star Dumbar. As DPG mentioned, every other team that lost their superstar are rebuilding a lot quicker than SA because they accepted the inevitable.
    Lol you realize the reason SA doesn’t have a top 5 pick is their own doing, right? That’s kind of the point..
    no its not, this teams were tanking or trading their assets to get this players and spurs during this time were fighting for playoffs while not having any chance to get there(at max 1st rnd exit, which even didn't happen). And yesterday we wasted a pretty high draft pick for a second rounder guy. that's embarrassing.
    Dallas traded two top 10 picks to get Luka which we've never had and he's already coach killed Carsilie. Memphis did nothing but tank. New Orleans only has Ingram because of AD forcing out. Houston has a completely unknown set of prospects plus Wood who was undrafted as a reason and could be the next whiteside, and kpj who could be the next arenas. We have solid players despite never dipping into the A+ tier and one A+ guy makes our core instantly better than theirs. Yall just hating.

Wake me up when we get our A+ guy or if any of the above teams come close to sniffing a championship (none are close right now).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

sad to see one of our legends on a 4th-tier sports network trying to figure out what Pop is doing...lol The Little Genital

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo won't be in the rotation for about 2 years. He is 18 years old. They obviously know he won't be ready.
    Of course he's not ready but we're not exactly ready to contend for anything other than a top 5 pick anyways so why not throw the young guys in and give them minutes early on?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where's Tre Jones?
    I'd like him to develop his skillset in Austin before he's part of the rotation. Bc I think he definitely has backup PG upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nbc sports have spurs as losers in this years draft. Heres what they had to say

San Antonio- The Spurs took a flier on Josh Primo at pick 12, and while I have nothing against the kid, this was way too soon. I get it when teams have to grab their guy, but why not trade back? Primo likely would’ve fallen to the end of the first round so I’m not loving the reach. At only 18 years old, I don’t expect Primo to get much run as a rookie but I don’t doubt that the developmental staff will turn him into a nice player.
    CBS sports has spurs as biggest losers too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe by the time this guy is my age (30) we'll have the next Gary Neal!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the lowest I saw from them when I was looking at the tiles of their's showing.

The rest were all B+ and A+

Their version of an F.
    It was the lowest. And the grade would’ve been lower had it not been the Spurs, with our history of selecting good players.

I mean Avery summed it up. It’s a “long-term play for the Spurs with plenty of guys ahead of him in the line.” He’s a project basically. But nobody does a project with the 12th pick. I mean the kid is great if we were selecting at 26th. But there’s the rationale that teams are not trading up to 10-20, and see more value at 20-30 picks.

Still, to pick another Guards when there is a positional need for a 4-5 who can facilitate. Sengun and my favorite Jalen Johnson. Now, I have to expect that there’s a play for Collins or Simmons (hopefully and not just Lauri) as part of the building blocks. PATFO better wow me with their next moves. Our selections could be solid spacers who can depend, very athletic, now they need to bring a big man and I would grade this off-season higher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, not at 12

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas traded two top 10 picks to get Luka which we've never had and he's already coach killed Carsilie. Memphis did nothing but tank. New Orleans only has Ingram because of AD forcing out. Houston has a completely unknown set of prospects plus Wood who was undrafted as a reason and could be the next whiteside, and kpj who could be the next arenas. We have solid players despite never dipping into the A+ tier and one A+ guy makes our core instantly better than theirs. Yall just hating.

Wake me up when we get our A+ guy or if any of the above teams come close to sniffing a championship (none are close right now).
    This is spot on. Dallas is stuck in a semi-death spiral despite a generational talent. Memphis is drafting exceptionally well, but they tanked and tanked and tanked and then turned it out when they got Ja. They look good, but still won't ever be contenders. NOP won the lottery, literally, but still have messy pieces and still may see Zion leave. Don't even know who else I think is really good on that roster. Brandon Ingram is horribly overrated. Houston had a terrific draft, but KPJ is a ing nutjob and won't last and the rest are questionable in fit and quality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Of course the same old “we looked at all options and decided staying put…”. How convenient how SA always does all this due diligence and is so active but never can quite find a deal.

Not concerned about the logjam either huh? Ok.
    I think one thing to look out for in the future are combine performance standouts. Samanic was one of them and I think White was another.

I am sure there will be others.

Livio Jean Charles had a terrific performance in a Nike Tournament game for example. He had the game of his life and then was never able to replicate that ever again. Not saying this is LJC or Samanic but performance in these showings is something that apparently gets a lot of weight.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s just so interesting how Spurs can somehow never find a deal that makes them better for their future or now. It’s always, we just like what we have.

Now, we can take that on face value. Or we can look around the league and see SA is a massive outlier with regards to trade frequency and question do they really lack vision/courage/plan?

But these obvious bs answers make no sense and make it worse. You can’t say you want to win and make no changes to your roster after missing the playoffs like they did last year. You can say youth has a long run way then block them with vets and crowd the positions so no one has real space to develop.

You can’t say there are other ways to add to the team besides the draft and not have done anything meaningful via trade or asset management and been a disaster in free agency.

None of it makes sense when held up to the slightest bit of scrutiny and as the results have deteriorated the actions have not changed at all. It’s bad.

Again, they at least are forced to face somewhat of a reality (until they sign DDR again) and they have flexibility but this FO has fallen off so hard and they need to prove they have something of value to add to this team.

They don't have to face reality. Anyone who challenges them in the SA media, Pop has blackballed. So no one challenges.

And they apparently have a very real echo chamber between the senile old fool and his diversity hire GM. Death sentence for the future of this franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo has a legit chance to be a back-up PG for the Spurs in the Mills mold. Again, his only compe ion currently signed for that role is Tre Jones. Josh has to physically develop to be a starting two-guard, but he can be a bench shooter immediately. If Patty is re-signed, then yes, Primo will be in Austin for at least a year. If he's not, I expect him and Wieskamp to get earlier shots than STers seem to be insisting on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've got 5 rings you s.

Thread Information