Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we stop attacking Brian Wright about his race? The phobia on this board was bad enough. Y'all coming off as a bunch of idiot yokels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've got 5 rings you s.
    Case in point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can only hope this is the beginning of major roster changes coming up soon. The Spurs need to quit wasting guys' time in Austin and let them play with the big boys. Hopefully Spurs trade one of White/Murray and let Mills go so this kid can get some real action this year. He looks like a really smooth offensive player and I like his shot and quick release but still, can't believe Spurs didn't trade down, no one else was picking this kid in the 1st round

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now it looks like we may have players upset. Murray acting upset?

All at a time where they should have been feeling great and excited about their chance to shine and Sa having tons of cap space. Instead? Everyone pissed. Players. Fans. How did SA mess things up so badly so far.

Watch them whiff on Collins and give Lauri multiple years at 15-20M.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think one thing to look out for in the future are combine performance standouts. Samanic was one of them and I think White was another.

I am sure there will be others.

Livio Jean Charles had a terrific performance in a Nike Tournament game for example. He had the game of his life and then was never able to replicate that ever again. Not saying this is LJC or Samanic but performance in these showings is something that apparently gets a lot of weight.
    It's what you'd expect from a front office that doesn't know how to scout outside of the combine. I bet there's guys from other teams that post up in ear shot of Wright now and just throw out names for him to bite on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did a quick check last night, and other than Dejounte's seemingly not-too-happy emoji post, couldn't find a single welcoming thing on social media from any of the young Spurs... Has anyone else seen anything?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo might already be the best young shooter on the team. Him and weiskamp.
    I like a lot that they took shooters.
    Right there looking at shooters is paying attention to the team needs. Now it’s possible he was not absolute BPA bc they never considered Sengun since shooting was priority 1.
    But Wright also saw him as a PG bc of passes and plays he made at the combine. That raises his ceiling. His college stats had him with more TO than assists and he didn’t play PG so I am confused but three things to like are how young he is, he can already shoot and there may be untapped potential as a PG there.

I really like him after all. I honestly think the Grizzlies had the worst draft bc they traded a very productive player (JV) to take a guy that likely would have fallen to 17 anyways! They wanted to trade higher so I know they weren’t even able to get the guy they really wanted. And Ziaire also is a couple of years away, just on needing to add strength alone, and he’s one year older than Primo. It was a very risky gamble on upside for Memphis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo has a legit chance to be a back-up PG for the Spurs in the Mills mold. Again, his only compe ion currently signed for that role is Tre Jones. Josh has to physically develop to be a starting two-guard, but he can be a bench shooter immediately. If Patty is re-signed, then yes, Primo will be in Austin for at least a year. If he's not, I expect him and Wieskamp to get earlier shots than STers seem to be insisting on.
    I think they drafted on need. Two shooters is evidently a draft where shooting was the priority. They may get run early. Hopefully.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am leaning that the FO is just a mess more than anything..and needs a change. It’s hard for me to believe they are hated when they have such a wide reaching coaching tree and staff etc..They have a lot of friends all around the league.

The frustration for me lies in a couple of areas:

1. Everyone leaning on the Kawhi left crutch. It’s true. He screwed the Spurs. But NO lost AD and managed it better. Harden forced himself out and HOU managed to give themselves a quicker/better shot at a rebuild. Yes, Kawhi cir stance from a value perspective was different; but it was SA that chose DDR vs rebuild and compounded mistakes and missed opportunities to be honest with themselves

2. The lack of vision/creativity: GS with Curry/Klay/Dray have better picks than SA. Even as they were winning they never took their foot of the gas. They not only got creative as with DLO but then took calculated risks trading him for Wiggins to get more draft capital and have a win now team and a.great hedge for their future.

Just look at our own division: Dallas makes a bold move to go get their guy in Luka and it was beautiful.

NO chose young players and picks vs just forcing LA to find “win now vets for us” then make a great bold move to dump bad contracts and still maintain having a lottery pick.

HOU chose to bottom out, took a great low risk high reward gamble on Porter Jr, landed Wood in FA etc…

MEM been nailing drafts and making trades.

Literally our entire division has made trades and taken smart creative gambles and put themselves in a good position despite 2 of them also losing Kawhi level stars.

It’s hard to defend all these little “oh we can’t find a deal” comments when it’s been years and everyone else around is doing it.
    And as we saw last night, Atlanta traded Reddish and their 20 to move up to 16. Think they wouldn't have traded for the 12? We could have had Primo at 20 and gotten a young ascending SF that would at least be a rotational backup in Reddish.

Instead we get Brian Wright patting himself on the back about how they got their guy at freaking 12 while ignoring the value of the 12th pick. Dude just sucks ass at his job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And as we saw last night, Atlanta traded Reddish and their 20 to move up to 16. Think they wouldn't have traded for the 12? We could have had Primo at 20 and gotten a young ascending SF that would at least be a rotational backup in Reddish.

Instead we get Brian Wright patting himself on the back about how they got their guy at freaking 12 while ignoring the value of the 12th pick. Dude just sucks ass at his job.
    Pretty sure the 16th pick was traded to Houston and Atlanta kept their pick and Reddish

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pretty sure the 16th pick was traded to Houston and Atlanta kept their pick and Reddish

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wright mentioned that the mocks don't always coincide with the intel so it's clear they were concerned that a move back in the draft could risk them losing Primo. I'm pretty excited about this pick given the other talent on the board and it's clear they are very high on him which Wright confirmed that they thought he had the highest upside of any prospect left on the board. Plus he's only 18 and starting for a major conference at Alabama. People were clamoring on here for the Spurs to take a risk and now you complain about it because the mocks didn't have Primo going this high. I definitely trust the Spurs scouting given their history to find talent over armchair GMs.

My only issue with the Spurs is will they allow this young nucleus to play, learn and make mistakes. I think trying to bring back DDR would be a huge mistake and let's hope he decides to go else where. I not too concerned about all the guards since they are in the best asset collection mode. Let's see if one of these guys can make a leap. I'm still high on many of these guys but Pop has to loosen the reigns a bit to allow them show their full potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s insane how much misinformation gets spread when people are outraged. Players are not upset, literally six Spurs players followed Primo on social media right after he was drafted. Lonnie made an uplifting statement about Primo in an interview.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why do you want Cam Reddish? Atlanta is trying to get rid of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at the bright side.

At least we were spared the usual "We can't believe he fell to . . ."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think one thing to look out for in the future are combine performance standouts. Samanic was one of them and I think White was another.

I am sure there will be others.

Livio Jean Charles had a terrific performance in a Nike Tournament game for example. He had the game of his life and then was never able to replicate that ever again. Not saying this is LJC or Samanic but performance in these showings is something that apparently gets a lot of weight.
    I totally understand the appeal of using the combine to evaluate fringe first round talent but does anyone in the lottery ever play in the combine? If Moody or Sengun played in the combine they probably look like top 5 picks in comparison.

And this is not directed at you but just frustrated at the FO. I think the funny thing is they may have been looking at Primo as a second round pick at first and decided he was worthy of #12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s insane how much misinformation gets spread when people are outraged. Players are not upset, literally six Spurs players followed Primo on social media right after he was drafted. Lonnie made an uplifting statement about Primo in an interview.
    I'm not outraged in the least. I asked a simple question, and you answered it sideways, saying players followed Primo on social media and Lonnie said something in an interview. I was simply asking if there had been any actual posts, because I hadn't seen any.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did a quick check last night, and other than Dejounte's seemingly not-too-happy emoji post, couldn't find a single welcoming thing on social media from any of the young Spurs... Has anyone else seen anything?
    I did see DWhite & Lonnie started following Primo on Instagram

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we stop attacking Brian Wright about his race? The phobia on this board was bad enough. Y'all coming off as a bunch of idiot yokels.
    Are you ok if spurs fire him ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not outraged in the least. I asked a simple question, and you answered it sideways, saying players followed Primo on social media and Lonnie said something in an interview. I was simply asking if there had been any actual posts, because I hadn't seen any.
    It wasn’t primarily directed towards you.

But it’s not farfetched to say guys have reached out to him privately. I don’t think everything has to be displayed on social media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmfao at YOU of all people with this statement with your “Spurs to Austin “ bullsh*t. Sit all the way the down

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did see DWhite & Lonnie started following Primo on Instagram
    Following someone is the easiest move on social media. I followed him on Instagram last night too. I'd expect at half a dozen warm welcoming posts about a new teammate joining the ranks, and I haven't seen that. Just an observation.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 07-30-2021 at 10:27 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn’t primarily directed towards you.

But it’s not farfetched to say guys have reached out to him privately. I don’t think everything has to be displayed on social media.
    Again, I made a simple point that I couldn't find any welcoming social media posts from current players... so reaching out privately, & the rest might be nice, but my point still stands. If anyone's overreacting to a completely reasonable conversation here, it's you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I totally understand the appeal of using the combine to evaluate fringe first round talent but does anyone in the lottery ever play in the combine?
    You have to wonder if the combine was more important this time due to inability to scout as many games across the country. If so, hopefully that situation will change before the next draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, I made a simple point that I couldn't find any welcoming social media posts from current players... so reaching out privately, & the rest might be nice, but my point still stands. If anyone's overreacting to a completely reasonable conversation here, it's you.
    and again, the post was not directed towards you. What point exactly is there to say about players who haven’t posted about the selection? No one posted about Keldon and Luka when they were drafted.

Thread Information