half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dumbest front office. Spending a lottery pick on a second rounder

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaken by the pick of Primo? I'm still stunned by the pick but, big picture, it's not a huge deal. Yeah, they probably could have traded down and added an asset but if he was the player they really wanted, then just picking him isn't something that will shake my faith in their drafting ability. We'll see if we get any info about how high he was on the board, if they considered trading back, etc.

What the Spurs do in free agency could shake my faith, though. I was never on the "trade DeRozan and Aldridge for something, anything " bandwagon but they need to be smart this summer. This is definitely a summer where things can go off the rails and cause me to completely lose faith.

Ask me again in a week, tbh.
    Agree. They never were getting much for LMA or DDR. Those were pipe dreams. The big mistakes this summer would be continuing with too many of the decrepit vets and/or signing big money to dubious players/fits like Markkanen and Collins.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    I had the same feeling about George Hill and Derrick White and they both worked out okay.
    Sure, for 26th and 29th picks. That's where Primo should have been taken. Wasting a 12th on him is criminal. It's as if the Spurs don't know how to scout or draft in the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dumbest front office. Spending a lottery pick on a second rounder
    I think people need to realize Primo isn't a second round talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think this is it. The only real trade partner was OKC and the Thunder probably weren't doing it. There were too many teams right after the Spurs who are pretty astute -- GSW, Indiana, for example, and trading back to the NYK wasn't happening because the Knicks actually got rid of those picks in the 20s.

The picture might be there were no valid trades and those that were there -- deeper -- risked losing the guy they wanted.
    If this kid works out big time that thinking might look pretty prescient.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. You don’t get to say “this is a rebuild” while doing nothing with DDR, LMA, etc during the season.
    Please stop being prisoners of the moment.....do your draft research of the last five drafts 1-10 lottery picks! All types of missing went on but you’ll about #12��. You win with vets but back fill with youth, you guys know the rules!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely not who Murray wanted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want JT Thor in the second round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I don't know if I was ready for that, I didn't realize I was gonna be (picked) that high, but I'm glad it's with the Spurs. I've always wanted to be a Spur. I told my agent ... that's where I want to be."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I don't know if I was ready for that, I didn't realize I was gonna be (picked) that high, but I'm glad it's with the Spurs. I've always wanted to be a Spur. I told my agent ... that's where I want to be."
    "Those idiots will max me and then send me to a real team so I can win a championship"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaken by the pick of Primo? I'm still stunned by the pick but, big picture, it's not a huge deal. Yeah, they probably could have traded down and added an asset but if he was the player they really wanted, then just picking him isn't something that will shake my faith in their drafting ability. We'll see if we get any info about how high he was on the board, if they considered trading back, etc.

What the Spurs do in free agency could shake my faith, though. I was never on the "trade DeRozan and Aldridge for something, anything " bandwagon but they need to be smart this summer. This is definitely a summer where things can go off the rails and cause me to completely lose faith.

Ask me again in a week, tbh.
    Nah not about just the Primo pick; more about the last few years starting with what they did with Kawhi trade up until now. Agree in FA. Agree they have not made any huge mistakes.

But missing literally EVERY SINGLE opportunity to gain extra assets and clearly having no direction or plan and just stuck in neutral is alarming and for me inspires no faith that they are a modern and effective FO any longer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think Brian Wright should be attacked for this pick - a rookie GM wouldn't dare make such a reach - this decision certainly goes deeper.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    News flash: NO ONE WILL EVER HELP US! We will be just fine...patience ladies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pathetic

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think Brian Wright should be attacked for this pick - a rookie GM wouldn't dare make such a reach - this decision certainly goes deeper.
    At least someone has a brain here!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also any positioning during the regular season has no bearing, because this guy is not even on anybody’s radar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he submitted the wrong name. Maybe he was supposed to be the 2nd round pick and Wright just handed the wrong name.
    I honestly think this is not a huge stretch to believe this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most people stop growing at 18. Very few people grow after that age.
    David Robinson says hi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks apparently wanted to trade up. Wonder if it would have been for both of their firstrounders. If so, we might have gotten Kai Jones and Primo.

BUT well, all these ifs will be forgotten, when Primo becomes an All Star in 2027.

...probably for the Raptors or the Supersonics.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lololol reading the room on the old school posters who haven't been here in a decade, and timvp himself??
    This is a monumental disaster.

I've never seen the spurs fans react this way on public social media directly towards the official spurs accounts.

This GM should be ing fired

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if Primo was #1 overall on their board, where or when is he going to play? And I wouldn't be surprised if he was #1 over Cade and Mobley. Last year Utah and Lindsey had Azubuike #2 on their board. Lindsey was appropriately fired ... oops, I mean, 'transitioned to a consulting role'.

This team is going nowhere fast and he's not even going to play.

It's just frustrating that one of the things that fans of non-contending teams can look forward to for their entertainment dollar is the promise of lottery picks playing. Even if Primo was ready to go right now, no 6-5 or under guy is going to get minutes without injuries ahead of them.

At least he'll squeeze in during blowout losses, and after they max out Lauri Markannen, they'll have a few of those.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why people weren't this pissed when we drafted Samanic. Primo excites me much more than that scrub.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How we do get a Brian Wright and Pop resignation campaign going??

Someone get a t-shirt business started

Thread Information