Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn man I wanted Sharpe. People dont know that he can shoot 3s. Roy Williams just didn't use him that way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he has only Tre Jones and Weatherspoon keeping him off the court.
    Forgetting someone?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From SI… the spurs wanted him, they got him. I think he’ll be really good

“After a strong showing at the combine and an impressive pre-draft process behind closed doors, Primo now looks like a lock to land somewhere in the first round, with his range beginning in the late teens and running down into the 20s. He’s demonstrated a more diverse offensive game than he showed in a spot-up role at Alabama, with combo guard skills and an impressive level of poise and focus. The fact he’s the youngest draft-eligible prospect adds a layer of appeal as a long-term project, and he’s in the mix for teams that can afford to be patient. Primo has starter-level upside in the long run.”
    Has to be all star level upside to be worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From SI… the spurs wanted him, they got him. I think he’ll be really good

“After a strong showing at the combine and an impressive pre-draft process behind closed doors, Primo now looks like a lock to land somewhere in the first round, with his range beginning in the late teens and running down into the 20s. He’s demonstrated a more diverse offensive game than he showed in a spot-up role at Alabama, with combo guard skills and an impressive level of poise and focus. The fact he’s the youngest draft-eligible prospect adds a layer of appeal as a long-term project, and he’s in the mix for teams that can afford to be patient. Primo has starter-level upside in the long run.”

Late teens down into the 20's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ​
    Sure the players they pick being good or not is most important; but their overall performance (FA, Trades, Asset Management) is what I am questioning.

We both know damn well they dont do trades. Dont get creative or shake things up.
    Believe me i wish they were more proactive but pop/rc ,and wrong dont operate that way. This fa will tell the story.they still probably feel they are a healthy derrick white away from the playoffs

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgetting someone?
    They must’ve thought they were drafting for the Austin Spurs. This guy is not NBA material.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would I have liked a trade down if he in fact was the guy? Sure. But intel may have had the Thunder with their boatload of picks having him on the radar at 16, and there was no option unless drafting him at 12.

We’ll see if the other guys available at that spot pan out. Primo will be in Austin and what he looks like at the end of next year should be what people comp to vs. others in first round. He’s basically a year younger.

For those looking to tank next year, this is better than having a guy who will contribute immediately. Much rather have him than a Kispert or Duarte (very old).

This does signal that Demar is all but out the door, and all cap space will be to target bigs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except they're not. They'll probably throw stupid money at somebody like Markkannen and be in the 9-11th range in the West again with a same bottom of the lottery pick next draft.

This organization has absolutely zero direction and it's probably going to take them another 5-7 years before they are even close to relevant again.
    Exactly. You don’t get to say “this is a rebuild” while doing nothing with DDR, LMA, etc during the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whether Primo will one day be a contributor is irrelevant. The bottom line is that our GM took a guy at 12 that nobody else would have taken in the next 10-12 picks when a more experienced GM would have either drafted a player than can contribute now, or, if their mind was set on Primo, simply traded down to get him later.

It’s embarrassing how ineffective Brian Wright has been as GM of the Spurs

He screwed up the Morris signing and allowed Bertans to walk

He got zero return for Aldridge

He had 4 UFA contracts to dangle (DeRozan, Mills, Gay, Lyles) and got nothing for any of them

He’s missed the playoffs 2 straight years

In any other field, he’d be swiftly terminated and relieved of his duties
    Whoa, whoa, whooooooaaa!

Did Brian run over your dog? Shag your wife? WTF man???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO even Primo is shocked:

“Honestly, I told my agent to shut up when he told me. I had to see it on the screen first”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do take this as a sign they will address all their front court needs in free agency. They HAVE to come away with at least one of Collins, Lauri, or Holmes though.
    Collins would be dope, but the other two might be best to keep in your poop box

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, Spurs about to start getting hit with trade requests the moment the tanking starts in earnest. They need a GM that has a better handle on being opportunist is and managing assets. I don't think guys want to play in the Bilbo with the dwarves lineup.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for Primo being drafted so high. I’m not gonna hate on him. By all accounts it was a reach, but it sounds like he did really well in combine and workouts. Clearly this pick is about ceiling potential and he will only be 22 at end of his rookie contract. Yes, they should have traded back unquestionably if he was their guy, but who knows if that was really an option. Thankfully SL is in only a couple of weeks to get a glimpse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo quotes to the media floating around on twitter now.

"Going that high, I don’t know if I was ready for that."
    on being picked 12:

"Honestly, I told my agent to shut up when he told me. I had to see it on the screen first.”
    Even Primo knew he shouldn't have gone that high

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had the same feeling about George Hill and Derrick White and they both worked out okay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has to be all star level upside to be worth it.
    He has that upside. Confident in that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would I have liked a trade down if he in fact was the guy? Sure. But intel may have had the Thunder with their boatload of picks having him on the radar at 16, and there was no option unless drafting him at 12.

We’ll see if the other guys available at that spot pan out. Primo will be in Austin and what he looks like at the end of next year should be what people comp to vs. others in first round. He’s basically a year younger.

For those looking to tank next year, this is better than having a guy who will contribute immediately. Much rather have him than a Kispert or Duarte (very old).

This does signal that Demar is all but out the door, and all cap space will be to target bigs.
    Yeah, I think this is it. The only real trade partner was OKC and the Thunder probably weren't doing it. There were too many teams right after the Spurs who are pretty astute -- GSW, Indiana, for example, and trading back to the NYK wasn't happening because the Knicks actually got rid of those picks in the 20s.

The picture might be there were no valid trades and those that were there -- deeper -- risked losing the guy they wanted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That’s a nightmare because outside of Collins SA should not even think about locking any of these bigs up for years or significant money. Just one year deals and reset for a better FA class/stay flexible for trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgetting someone?
    Seriously, it took Jerry Sloanavich a full year before Derrick got any minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a nightmare because outside of Collins SA should not even think about locking any of these bigs up for years or significant money. Just one year deals and reset for a better FA class/stay flexible for trades.
    They shouldn't even be considering locking up Collins with big money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoa, whoa, whooooooaaa!

Did Brian run over your dog? Shag your wife? WTF man???
    It’s the truth. It’s hard to say its on Wright since we know Pop/RC loom large over him and he probably doesn’t hold much sway but fact is nothing good has really happened under his watch either and he is the GM. So hard to see his value to the organization honestly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much has your faith in this FO been shaken?
    Shaken by the pick of Primo? I'm still stunned by the pick but, big picture, it's not a huge deal. Yeah, they probably could have traded down and added an asset but if he was the player they really wanted, then just picking him isn't something that will shake my faith in their drafting ability. We'll see if we get any info about how high he was on the board, if they considered trading back, etc.

What the Spurs do in free agency could shake my faith, though. I was never on the "trade DeRozan and Aldridge for something, anything " bandwagon but they need to be smart this summer. This is definitely a summer where things can go off the rails and cause me to completely lose faith.

Ask me again in a week, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO even Primo is shocked:

“Honestly, I told my agent to shut up when he told me. I had to see it on the screen first”.
    “Spurs told me I was their Primo Pick and mentioned I would be the perfect fit at the 4.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think this is it. The only real trade partner was OKC and the Thunder probably weren't doing it. There were too many teams right after the Spurs who are pretty astute -- GSW, Indiana, for example, and trading back to the NYK wasn't happening because the Knicks actually got rid of those picks in the 20s.

The picture might be there were no valid trades and those that were there -- deeper -- risked losing the guy they wanted.
    timvp - ^ see this is how you spin your garbage FO after 3 years of absolute clown moves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems to me this guy's ceiling is Lonnie with a bit better 3 ball.

This roster makes no sense at all.

Thread Information