Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully new Austin ownership is not as cream puffy as Holt and heads roll for this obvious mishandling of lottery pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All y’all goons saying pre draft Trey Murphy just a middle of the pack talent. LOL

Trey Murphy just got traded/swapped as the 10th pick

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks apparently wanted to trade up. Wonder if it would have been for both of their firstrounders. If so, we might have gotten Kai Jones and Primo.

BUT well, all these ifs will be forgotten, when Primo becomes an All Star in 2027.

...probably for the Raptors or the Supersonics.
    That's a non-starter because PATFO is still butthurt about Morris and aren't talking to the Knicks. You're more likely to see them deal with the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expect him to be on the bench pretty early, actually. He's young, but right now, he has only Tre Jones and Weatherspoon keeping him off the court. That won't last very long. I don't expect him to be very good for a while, but if he's the guy they hopefully think he is, he'll show enough to get time early.

Now if they re-sign Mills, then yes, he could be in Austin for a couple of years or at least until they get rid of Walker.
    I think they don't see themselves paying Walker what he wants. I could be wrong bc Primo is so young that maybe they don't even see the conflict this way, but do think they will trade out one guard, or more likely let him go in FA... Which is still bad. If you don't see yourself paying for Walker bc he hasn't developed, he needs to be traded. What are they doing here?

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get this kid on the Hidayet Turkoglu Giannis hormone regimen STAT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the wine boys, Pop and RC, are behind it guys, as usual.

Now all we need is Paul Millsap and it’s a perfect Spurs offseason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually don't know if there was much of a trade-back market. A lot of teams just kinda gave their firsts away this year. I'm not sure any of them valued paying more money to get a guy if they didn't really want anyone in the first place. Picking Primo, even where they did, is fine. They get good value out of their players, and if they think an 18-year-old is that value, then it makes sense to go ahead and do it. I certainly wouldn't've preferred taking two bad firsts like OKC did with 16 or a nebulous future first like NKY did with 19. It's possible too that GM actually didn't like this draft, despite the early suggestions that it was far better than last year. If teams were willing will to give late-firsts away like that, then maybe the Spurs getting two of those firsts wasn't a good plan.

Again, it's the everything else around this pick that's shaky or ty. The pick, while fine, tells us nothing about how the FO plans to attack the off-season. It should tell us that SA is looking at a decent-sized trade. But we can't actually can't tell that because PATFO will definitely run eight guards. Not clearly moving back toward a traditional lineup is a bad outcome in my mind, and even signing bigs won't change that. They have to move guards off the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All y’all goons saying pre draft Trey Murphy just a middle of the pack talent. LOL

Trey Murphy just got traded/swapped as the 10th pick
    No, he was picked 17.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why people weren't this pissed when we drafted Samanic. Primo excites me much more than that scrub.
    Spurs had two 1sts that year which softened the blow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very happy for young Mr. Primo. But the Spurs are out of their freaking minds.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why people weren't this pissed when we drafted Samanic. Primo excites me much more than that scrub.
    We were and I was, imo, the apathy is rampant this time around. We all half expected this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is in Tokyo And got the time zone difference mixed up and thought we were in second round already.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol the reaction today is BECAUSE they did the same thing for Samanic.

Hey, at least this guy actually likes basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually don't know if there was much of a trade-back market. A lot of teams just kinda gave their firsts away this year. I'm not sure any of them valued paying more money to get a guy if they didn't really want anyone in the first place. Picking Primo, even where they did, is fine. They get good value out of their players, and if they think an 18-year-old is that value, then it makes sense to go ahead and do it. I certainly wouldn't've preferred taking two bad firsts like OKC did with 16 or a nebulous future first like NKY did with 19. It's possible too that GM actually didn't like this draft, despite the early suggestions that it was far better than last year. If teams were willing will to give late-firsts away like that, then maybe the Spurs getting two of those firsts wasn't a good plan.

Again, it's the everything else around this pick that's shaky or ty. The pick, while fine, tells us nothing about how the FO plans to attack the off-season. It should tell us that SA is looking at a decent-sized trade. But we can't actually can't tell that because PATFO will definitely run eight guards. Not clearly moving back toward a traditional lineup is a bad outcome in my mind, and even signing bigs won't change that. They have to move guards off the team.
    This is what I'm saying, too. Knicks, even if they would ever trade with the Spurs (or vice versa) actually traded out of the mid-round. OKC was the other suitor and I don't think they wanted to go up. Then there was Houston with two picks in the high-mid 20s and by then the risk was too high someone was going after Primo.

It's frustrating, to be sure, but I don't think there was a market there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is what I'm saying, too. Knicks, even if they would ever trade with the Spurs (or vice versa) actually traded out of the mid-round. OKC was the other suitor and I don't think they wanted to go up. Then there was Houston with two picks in the high-mid 20s and by then the risk was too high someone was going after Primo.

It's frustrating, to be sure, but I don't think there was a market there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David Robinson says hi
    I said "Most people stop growing at 18. Very few people grow after that age." You are pretty much proving my point. David Robinson was the rare exception of someone who grew after 18.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But let's not slam this kid for the pick. The Spurs believe in their picks. They do not make trades, generally, the squeeze value, because they are conservative and know what they want. That's irritating, but it is what it is. Consistently they've been drafting well for several years now. But now's for next steps.
    Samanic is questionable as Keldon is already at the Olympics, and both last years picks Vassell (insert Halliburton?? here) and Tre were already seeing minutes, while Samanic doesn’t even sniff the court yet.

I like to be proven wrong, but I have questions on how PATFO has been performing, or underperforming, really.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10565008[/URL]]How we do get a Brian Wright and Pop resignation campaign going??

Someone get a t-shirt business started

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please stop being prisoners of the moment.....do your draft research of the last five drafts 1-10 lottery picks! All types of missing went on but you’ll about #12��. You win with vets but back fill with youth, you guys know the rules!
    These are words, but they don't mean anything.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count

the wine boys, Pop and RC, are behind it guys, as usual.

Now all we need is Paul Millsap and it’s a perfect Spurs offseason
    Seems like every 2nd round scrub will be following the Primo formula in order to get drafted by the Spurs. All you have to do is bull about culture and character and you're automatically on the shortlist for getting drafted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jager and Eric Salinas have any cred?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played alot as a feshman at bama,and was an all sec fresh. Theres something there to be sure. He will be fun to watch when he finally sees the floor. Spurs going for broke here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a baby. Definitely not destined for this season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jager and Eric Salinas have any cred?

reminds me of when the Knicks took Renaldo Balkman at 20, and their defense to criticism was that they heard that Phoenix really liked him and had 2 picks before the Knicks picked at 29. Well, good for them that they outfoxed Phoenix and took a guy who couldn't cut it in the Philippines league.

Thread Information