Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody defending this pick is being obtuse. Nobody had the kid going so high. There was no reason to pick him where we did. We could’ve bought Utah’s pick if we really wanted him and have gotten him that way. he might’ve been available with our second pick anyways

The dude is just another example of our team going in the wrong direction. Another player that is going to be undersized where we play him. Our roster makes zero sense. Brian Wrong is a bad GM. Pop is a bad coach. We have zero good assistant coaches. And once again we have the worst future in the ing divison

Only good news is that Lonnie is probably gone and we are TANKING this year! It’s happening!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody defending this pick is being obtuse. Nobody had the kid going so high. There was no reason to pick him where we did. We could’ve bought Utah’s pick if we really wanted him and have gotten him that way. he might’ve been available with our second pick anyways

The dude is just another example of our team going in the wrong direction. Another player that is going to be undersized where we play him. Our roster makes zero sense. Brian Wrong is a bad GM. Pop is a bad coach. We have zero good assistant coaches. And once again we have the worst future in the ing division

Only good news is that Lonnie is probably gone and we are TANKING this year! It’s happening!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had Primo 25 on my Big Board so I liked him more than the vast majority of people ............ but man. History tells us this pick will probably pay off but it's a tough decision to swallow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach nate put him in a box this year that didnt let him show all his skills. Had him basically just spaced out on the perimeter as a spot up shooter. He should have had the ball in his hands alot more though. Coach nate basically ran a Houston type offense of layups and 3 point shots. Nate did primo a disservice to be honest and should have had him handling the rock and attacking more.

He's deceptively strong and really knows how to create space with his body and get a defender off balance when going to the whole. A little akin to james harden.

It was a stretch at 12 but by no means is this kid a scrub. This will pan out over time but I think he could have been had between picks 18 and 21.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj just reported, that the Pacers where highly interested in Primo with the 13th pick, so we had to take him there.

J/k, even Woj never heard of this kid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach nate put him in a box this year that didnt let him show all his skills. Had him basically just spaced out on the perimeter as a spot up shooter. He should have had the ball in his hands alot more though. Coach nate basically ran a Houston type offense of layups and 3 point shots. Nate did primo a disservice to be honest and should have had him handling the rock and attacking more.

He's deceptively strong and really knows how to create space with his body and get a defender off balance when going to the whole. A little akin to james harden.

It was a stretch at 12 but by no means is this kid a scrub. This will pan out over time but I think he could have been had between picks 18 and 21.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this a signal they expect Samanic to make a leap? Is this a sign the Spurs are going hard at John Collins? Where are the Spurs looking to get front court depth?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully by 21 be 6'8 with a 6'11 wing span

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I appreciate the insight! I’ll be rooting for him, I just hope heads roll at some point in the FO. I’ll try and watch a few Austin Spurs games live.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I appreciate the insight! I’ll be rooting for him, I just hope heads roll at some point in the FO. I’ll try and watch a few Austin Spurs games live.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve really liked Joshua primo for awhile now, I think he will be really good down the road! The only thing that puzzles me is what direction we’re going, this pick would suggest a full rebuild but what are we going to do with our cap space? Max Patty Mills lmao

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, this settles the BPA vs Position of Need debate. Apparently, it's neither.
    Seems like they're drafting based on character/morals now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is image of Primo from ESPN NBA draft tracker.

Did I miss something?

Is this the NBA draft or the Pre-Teen Summer Camp Team Draft?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had Primo 25 on my Big Board so I liked him more than the vast majority of people ............ but man. History tells us this pick will probably pay off but it's a tough decision to swallow.
    My issue isn't with the pick. As you said, the Spurs probably did identify Primo as a player who will develop well. He'll likely peak as the best of the young players, even. The issue is that the Spurs HAVE to trade some of their guards at this point. It's crazy depressing thinking about them running

Murray, Jones, Weatherspoon
    White, Walker, Primo
    Vassell, KBD
    Johnson, Samanic
    Poeltl, Eubanks

That team really hurts my sensibilities, and I can totally imagine the team adding some vet guards to that and running units with Vassell at PF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sniffers in 2025:

We knew all along this guy wasn’t supposed to be good until year 6, stop calling him a bust

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj just reported, that the Pacers where highly interested in Primo with the 13th pick, so we had to take him there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't even want to watch the 2nd round so disappointed. He can go join Luka in Austin next year. Just kidding Luka will be on the bench most of the year unless he has to play because we didn't draft anybody worth being on the team for another 2 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funniest part of the night was watching ESPN guys try to come up with words to say when Spurs Picked. They were so unprepared and you could hear them struggling lol

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo suffered an MCL sprain in college. So not only did we draft someone with 2nd round talent, he's not even the most durable of players out there. Derrick White 2.0?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funniest part of the night was watching ESPN guys try to come up with words to say when Spurs Picked. They were so unprepared and you could hear them struggling lol
    Dudes left in the green room were like wtf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reports on Primo is promising. 6ft3, great shooter, (one of the best in the draft) good defender at age 18. But this in the NBA. The kids needs to learn, get stronger and possibly taller. He could be a 6ft5 SG in 2 years time. He only avg 8 points p/g. At pick 12 you kinda expect someone to be in the rotation straight away, like Vassell. Vassell was drafted at 19 but turned 20 in August. Primo turns 19 in December. So there appears a year or two away from being Vassell in a rotation despite being pick at 12 compared to Vassell 11.

The Spurs are also looking at a future SG, but know the guard line-up is heavy right now. So they have time to bring him along. They are thinking of a glue guy like Johnson and Vassell, someone you rely upon to go with the studs.

This to mean spells this. Walker is questionable to be in Spurs future plans. And one of White/Murray are gone in the near future (likely White).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s a good kid, but easily we could’ve traded down and got several picks if PATFO wanted him that bad. I’m just hoping it’s going on a trade to Sixers?? They are high on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t wait for the HEB Primo picks commercials lol

Thread Information