Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John B can tell you if he has big hands or not.
    it only says large hands at the combine, "6'9.25 wingspan and large hands.." There you go.. I'm sold
    Last edited by John B; 07-29-2021 at 11:58 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, it is not uncommon for men to keep growing until they are 25......he is only 18. So, who knows, in 2 years, he could end up being 6'8 without shoes.
    People don't continue to grow until 25. The majority of people's growth plates close at 18. They are a few people whose growth plates remain open until 20 allowing them to grow some more. Highly unlikely this kid will grow anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Long arms. Big hands.

Has the tools to be a really good defender. Hes a gamer and a compe or and is tougher than he looks.

I've watched alabama all year as I'm a huge fan and alum. I'm not just watching highlights and coming up with conclusions.

He was underutilized and just put 8n a box as a spot up shooter. Hes much more than that.

He has some poor man's james harden to his game. Hes crafty.
    I'm warming up with this guy (I'm trying to pretend we didn't take him at #12 ), because I was expecting someone who can contribute next year at the very least, a Duarte, a Sengun. But who am I kidding? Even those guys I don't think Pop would play.

Without Demar probably, I was expecting the youngsters getting high minutes, including our lottery pick. But this guy's 18. He's gonna get killed out there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People don't continue to grow until 25. The majority of people's growth plates close at 18. They are a few people whose growth plates remain open until 20 allowing them to grow some more. Highly unlikely this kid will grow anymore.
    I think DRob grew a foot and half from HS Senior through academy.

And I expect Josh to grow and get much stronger. The Spurs are getting him young, a lot of good things to develop at that early age.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm warming up with this guy (I'm trying to pretend we didn't take him at #12 ), because I was expecting someone who can contribute next year at the very least, a Duarte, a Sengun. But who am I kidding? Even those guys I don't think Pop would play.

Without Demar probably, I was expecting the youngsters getting high minutes, including our lottery pick. But this guy's 18. He's gonna get killed out there
    It will take time. Hes extremely intelligent and has the physical tools.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    John B can tell you if he has big hands or not.
    Hand length is 9.00 inches. Hand width is 10.00 inches. Both same as Moody.
    Jalen Johnson, Queta, and Scottie Barnes are the only guys with bigger hands overall in this draft.

Kawhi, in comparison, had a hand length of 9.75 and a hand width of 11.25.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are just highlights. I'll start with the good. He's a sharpshooter with a quick and high release. He can also take his time to shoot if he's wide open.
    He's also has good decision making at the top of the key. So he's a threat from 3 and can drive it in if they get too close. We don't have that combination with the Spurs.
    That's a really really good combination. Shoots 3's like Danny Green and can take it like Lonnie Walker. Play him tight he'll drive it in, give him space he'll drop a 3 on you.
    I don't know how he can defend, how good of a rebounder he is at the 2, maybe his offensive tools are good enough to play him. Does he have big hands?
    Is he 6' 5" with shoes or not. If he can get to 6' 7" the skies the limit.
    Right now he compliments Dejounte Murray real good.
    64 without shoes. He may grow on inch yet as hes a baby, but you are pushing it after that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think DRob grew a foot and half from HS Senior through academy.

And I expect Josh to grow and get much stronger. The Spurs are getting him young, a lot of good things to develop at that early age.
    Again it's rare that people grow after 18. Drob was the exception and not the norm. I don't get why that is hard for a lot of people to understand in here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    64 without shoes. He may grow on inch yet as hes a baby, but you are pushing it after that.
    He looks young and has a baby face but doesn't mean he will grow taller because of that. When I was his age I also still looked like I was in middle school but stopped growing at 18 at the height of 6'2. 99 percent chance this kid will stay 6'4. Instead of hoping he grows people should hope he can become a star player at SG and hope the Spurs start making better moves when it comes to roster construction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again it's rare that people grow after 18. Drob was the exception and not the norm. I don't get why that is hard for a lot of people to understand in here.
    And there's AD who grew 9 inches in 2 years, and another 2 inches in the NBA
    Rodman grew 10 inches working as a janitor at an airport
    Gordon Hayward a foot in 2 years, Dwight also a foot.

Here's a list: https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketba...-spurts-sstl/8

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, that site has an ad with Dennis Rodman advertising some enlargement pills or something lol.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gordan went on a massive growth spurt in Hschool not after he was 18. AD also went on the massive growth spurt in hschool. The Lakers confirmed his actual height without his shoes a few years ago which was 6-9 and 3/4 inch. Rodman,Drob,Pippen are the exceptions to people who grew after 18. Very few people grow after 18.

I went to my hschool reunion 10 years ago. Out of a class of 500 that had graduated. They were only 2 or 3 guys I saw that had grown after hschool. That was it while everybody else was the same height they were during graduation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gordan went on a massive growth spurt in Hschool not after he was 18. AD also went on the massive growth spurt in hschool. The Lakers confirmed his actual height without his shoes a few years ago which was 6-9 and 3/4 inch. Rodman,Drob,Pippen are the exceptions to people who grew after 18. Very few people grow after 18.

I went to my hschool reunion 10 years ago. Out of a class of 500 that had graduated. They were only 2 or 3 guys I saw that had grown after hschool. That was it while everybody else was the same height they were during graduation.
    Yup my high school reunion too, people got wider not taller

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup my high school reunion too, people got wider not taller
    Yes I saw the same thing. I got a kick out of seeing the majority of girls who got super wide just after 10 years. A lot of them were divas back in the day so it was fun to see them washed up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are just highlights. I'll start with the good. He's a sharpshooter with a quick and high release. He can also take his time to shoot if he's wide open.
    He's also has good decision making at the top of the key. So he's a threat from 3 and can drive it in if they get too close. We don't have that combination with the Spurs.
    That's a really really good combination. Shoots 3's like Danny Green and can take it like Lonnie Walker. Play him tight he'll drive it in, give him space he'll drop a 3 on you.
    I don't know how he can defend, how good of a rebounder he is at the 2, maybe his offensive tools are good enough to play him. Does he have big hands?
    Is he 6' 5" with shoes or not. If he can get to 6' 7" the skies the limit.
    Right now he compliments Dejounte Murray real good.
    none of that matters if every time he misses a shot popovich pulls him out the game and doesn't play him for the next 3..

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gotta get him that Hidayet Turkeyglue hormone regimen tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can see whether growth plates are open or not on MRI and X-ray. The kid did get an MCL injury this past year so maybe Spurs medical staff had access to his imaging and saw his growth plates were still open. Just grasping at straws here to make myself feel better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the end of the day the Spurs have been right more often than not with picks like this. At the very least we know they did their homework. I mean that Sengun guy lives in the post and no one knows how he will develop defensively so would you be any more ecstatic if we drafted Enes Kanter 2.0? This guy is young and he can shoot and from what they say has upside as a defender and in other areas. I'm frustrated as well, but let's see if we can nail free agency. Players that I really valued were gone anyways, like Josh Giddey. Maybe the team just values him as a talent better than Keon Johnson/Moses Moody.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if he grows another inch or two, he will fit perfectly.

if he doesn't, his shot form looks really good for a young kid.

chill the out we weren't getting Tim Duncan at 12.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6’4 without shoes. He may grow on inch yet as he’s a baby, but you are pushing it after that.
    I grew about 1.5 to 2 inches after high school. But ing midget at 6' 4".

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hand length is 9.00 inches. Hand width is 10.00 inches. Both same as Moody.
    Jalen Johnson, Queta, and Scottie Barnes are the only guys with bigger hands overall in this draft.

Kawhi, in comparison, had a hand length of 9.75 and a hand width of 11.25.
    Dude has average hands...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejuante Murray improved his finishing ability pretty well.
    Please dont waste your time with some of these dudes.....pointless! Facts and history be damned

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the end of the day the Spurs have been right more often than not with picks like this. At the very least we know they did their homework. I mean that Sengun guy lives in the post and no one knows how he will develop defensively so would you be any more ecstatic if we drafted Enes Kanter 2.0? This guy is young and he can shoot and from what they say has upside as a defender and in other areas. I'm frustrated as well, but let's see if we can nail free agency. Players that I really valued were gone anyways, like Josh Giddey. Maybe the team just values him as a talent better than Keon Johnson/Moses Moody.
    I would take Sengun over this kid even if he was Kanter 2.0. Offensively all our bigs are trash at least he would have been an upgrade on the offensive end.
    Last edited by daslicer; 07-30-2021 at 11:46 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take Sengun over this kid even if he was Kanter 2.0. Offensively all our bigs are trash at least that would have been an upgrade on the offensive end.
    Same. Even if Sengun struggles at times defensively, he's a massive plus on offense and a massive plus over anyone who actually isn't playing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same. Even if Sengun struggles at times defensively, he's a massive plus on offense and a massive plus over anyone who actually isn't playing.
    People also forget that this is an offense first league. It's still important to have a good defensive team if you want to win a le but offense is now king. Look at the Nuggets with Jokic they would have had a good chance of winning the le if Murray didn't' get hurt despite Jokic at best only being an average defender.

Thread Information