My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost a PR for the front office.
    How many of these sites there?
    Who are all these people who have draft eval sites? Don't they have a job/Life? (Of course I'm posting on Spurstalk on a Saturday albeit at work)
    Reminds me of that old saying about stock brokers-"if he's so smart why is he your stockbroker"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive been told in here hes 6'8 with a 42 inch vert.....sign me the fck up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost a PR for the front office.
    How many of these sites there?
    Who are all these people who have draft eval sites? Don't they have a job/Life? (Of course I'm posting on Spurstalk on a Saturday albeit at work)
    Reminds me of that old saying about stock brokers-"if he's so smart why is he your stockbroker"
    Some people like statistical evaluation and evaluation in general of players instead of ingesting wholesale what ESPN gives us. Hobby same as just simpy and mindlessly watching games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For whatever reason, I’m rooting for Wiesy the most out of all of our young players. I don’t think it will take him long to be one of the best 3pt shooters in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stealing Matt Bonners number! How dare him lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dude might make some noise!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sleeper pick written all over him. Nice to have a 2nd rnder who can contribute immediately. Gives spurs a nice stroke from three. Spurs definitely seemed to prioritize shooting this draft

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm honestly surprised at the mostly positive sentiment on this thread. Considering the amount of vitriol directed at former Spurs players who've shot well but played terrible defense, it's prolly only a matter of time before this place turns on him. Unless our coaching staff can unlock any hidden defensive instinct/abilities he may be hiding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm honestly surprised at the mostly positive sentiment on this thread. Considering the amount of vitriol directed at former Spurs players who've shot well but played terrible defense, ...

Where have you seen Wieskamp play for the Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice of Quinndary Weatherspoon to give up his jersey number. The least he could do after giving everyone the Rona last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where have you seen Wieskamp play for the Spurs?
    Well, there's this thing called scouting report. Now I wouldn't put too much stock into it if he were a 1 & done player. But Joe played nearly 3k minutes over 3 years.

Fwiw, I really do hope that I'm wrong on this kid. But all I see is another one dimensional player that will contribute next to nothing if his shot is not falling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm honestly surprised at the mostly positive sentiment on this thread. Considering the amount of vitriol directed at former Spurs players who've shot well but played terrible defense, it's prolly only a matter of time before this place turns on him. Unless our coaching staff can unlock any hidden defensive instinct/abilities he may be hiding.
    His advanced defensive metrics are positive. Iowa was a good defensive team and he contributed. Won't be a stopper, certainly, but he's not horrible. He also seems to be a strong rebounder for a wing, 6.6 rebounds a game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing he has going for him is that he is NBA athletic so I think they can help him on the defense side - bring in Bruce and let him teach the kid on footwork and positioning etc....

I am pretty sure he will help us and I am pretty sure he will be a much better defender then Forbes but that is not saying much. Either way a second rounder is not going to get you a starting player your in a win situation if they even make the team which I am 100% he will and I think will be a very good 6-8 man on the team - I think he has he can and will get better

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing he has going for him is that he is NBA athletic so I think they can help him on the defense side - bring in Bruce and let him teach the kid on footwork and positioning etc....

I am pretty sure he will help us and I am pretty sure he will be a much better defender then Forbes but that is not saying much. Either way a second rounder is not going to get you a starting player your in a win situation if they even make the team which I am 100% he will and I think will be a very good 6-8 man on the team - I think he has he can and will get better
    Yup. The raw tools are there. He’s an elite shooter prospect-wise, and he did well in the lane agility drill and max vertical. As a shooter, he’s not just a stand still shooter. He can shoot off the dribble and he can shoot off screens. He’s got SF length with a 6-11 wing span.

Like you said, we’re talking about a second round pick. If we picked him at 20, yeah, we have some issues. At 41, he looks like a high probability bet to become a rotation player and to carve out a long NBA career. That’s a great pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flipping to Barry White doubles the fun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tom Orsborn
    Tom_orsborn
    1m
    Wieskamp's AAU coach told me he's excited to see Joe spread his athletic wings in the NBA after Iowa fed Luka Garza the ball. "They never really led Joe get out and run, and Joe is awesome on the break," K.C. Schmitt said. " He runs like a deer."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people are going to be shocked when they see this kid throw down some thunder dunks he is built for speed and it's going to be real fun to watch him develop

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For as athletic as he seems to be, his D really looked crappy as . Hopefully fixable to some extent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Spurs would’ve picked this guy over Butler.

Same way I wonder if they would’ve picked Primo over Bouknight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Spurs would’ve picked this guy over Butler.

Same way I wonder if they would’ve picked Primo over Bouknight.
    I would say yes. Be interesting to see their draft board though. Ziaire Williams is the one I suspect may have been in play.

Thread Information