Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing things unfold with the 76ers and Ben Simmons and how people are ting on him for being a unprofessional diva .
    I can't help but imagine how great it'd be if PATFO had called out his bull and say the medical team didn't misdiagnosed him, he's cleared to play and he's not getting paid if he refuse to play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. I thought so too at the time but this is more emotional than rational. It's also terrible for the team's relationship with agents, which matters. The rational thing is to recognize an irreparable relationship as early as possible and act quickly. Spurs should have traded the snake at least 6 months prior to when they actually did.

Say what you want about that trade, and yeah it wasn't great because his value had crashed, but the Spurs now have 2 starters out of it + a few future picks from the DDR trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi thread!

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. I thought so too at the time but this is more emotional than rational. It's also terrible for the team's relationship with agents, which matters. The rational thing is to recognize an irreparable relationship as early as possible and act quickly. Spurs should have traded the snake at least 6 months prior to when they actually did.

Say what you want about that trade, and yeah it wasn't great because his value had crashed, but the Spurs now have 2 starters out of it + a few future picks from the DDR trade.
    That’s the best way to look at it. I agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Exactly. And when you back it up further, the value obtained by trading George Hill was pretty staggering.

It's the new era Scola thread. (Do the kiddies even know who Luis Scola is?)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish we would have just held out for the lakers haul because lebron was going to eventually demand the lakers give up all their young players and picks for another star, and at that time Kawhi was THE star. We could have had all their 1st round picks and young players to either play or trade away for more picks. So sad that the front office couldn't hold their water. But Lamarcus had already castrated Pop by this point so the old man didn't have any balls to swing around and drop on the table

I also contend some team like the kings, or suns, or mavs, would have gotten desperate and given us everything they had as well.

All we got out of Kawhi was Poeltl and Keldon. That is laughably bad for a guy who at the time this was happen was viewed by some as the best player in basketball.

Oh well, it is what it is.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was always going to the Clippers.

It was fun watching Doc Rivers tamper with nephew non-stop only to end up eventually getting thrown under the bus by him.

Anyway. No one cares because it happen to the Spurs. Sixers are a big market - NBA/media cares about that .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They most likely wouldn’t have been ting on Kawhi like they’re doing with Ben dude. Ben has already been a running joke since he can’t shoot and underperformed in the 4th quarters of the playoffs and not wanting to dunk over a way smaller Trae Young got him killed by fans and media

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish we would have just held out for the lakers haul because lebron was going to eventually demand the lakers give up all their young players and picks for another star, and at that time Kawhi was THE star. We could have had all their 1st round picks and young players to either play or trade away for more picks. So sad that the front office couldn't hold their water. But Lamarcus had already castrated Pop by this point so the old man didn't have any balls to swing around and drop on the table

I also contend some team like the kings, or suns, or mavs, would have gotten desperate and given us everything they had as well.

All we got out of Kawhi was Poeltl and Keldon. That is laughably bad for a guy who at the time this was happen was viewed by some as the best player in basketball.

There's no way Lakers were ever giving up the Davis haul for Kawhi. Every one of their trade demands forced the Spurs to eat that terrible Deng contract. And Ingram is not some can't miss talent. He's a box score stat padder like DeMar, except he also has a three point shot. Overall, a neg impact player that doesn't help you win games.

And technically, the Kawhi haul could end up being Jakob + Keldon + Thad Young + whatever the Bulls pick ends up being. If they can flip Thad for something, even better.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, Sixers can get away with this approach because they're a big market team. Spurs were getting crucified by the media , urging them to trade Nephew. If Sixers got that same treatment and coverage, they would have already traded Simmons

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The centerpiece of the Davis haul was that #4 pick, which obviously the Spurs wouldn't have gotten trading Leonard since a team with James and Leonard is a le contender and not a lottery team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ill keep poodle ,and kj thank you very much

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no way Lakers were ever giving up the Davis haul for Kawhi. Every one of their trade demands forced the Spurs to eat that terrible Deng contract. And Ingram is not some can't miss talent. He's a box score stat padder like DeMar, except he also has a three point shot. Overall, a neg impact player that doesn't help you win games.

And technically, the Kawhi haul could end up being Jakob + Keldon + Thad Young + whatever the Bulls pick ends up being. If they can flip Thad for something, even better.
    Maybe wait until the DDR-less spurs dont eat total ass before you throw that net-negative shade at DeMar-velous

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to see some team call these divas bluff.
    Spurs? Ya when he pulled that "I will only go to LA" stuff you watch how fast he would change his tune if Spurs made him sit.

PATFO thought we'll really show him by shipping him to Toronto. What a massive backfire.

Demar? Should have traded he and Softridge 5 years before they did. Paying Aldridge off was a disgrace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is useless. Simmons is on a way longer deal than Nephew was

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean what did we even really lose by trading Kawhi for DDR? That's my counterpoint. Unless we somehow would've gotten Luka (the real ing luka not the future potential starter/all star player that RC drafted and fans here clamored about) there's nothing that we missed out on. Well I guess Trae Young but I'm not that high on him.

There is no young player that would really get us on that path to greatness. I know it's strange for me to say that since I'm on the pro-tank squad, but that's just the truth. There was no trade out there that would make us a playoff team today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the would anyone want to drag that bull out for 2 years? Philly looks stupid as right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the would anyone want to drag that bull out for 2 years? Philly looks stupid as right now
    Really some shady from Klutch and Simmons, tbh.

They know there is no way you can quantify "mental health issues" which was their last ditch effort...and now they are claiming that by "forcing" Simmons to be treated for the mental health issues that he claims to be having, the Sixers are making his mental health worse.

I'm sorry, dude just seems like a big ing baby to me, and doesn't want to be held accountable for failing to live up to his contract. It's a disgrace to the millions of people in this world who are legitimately suffering from mental health issues that aren't related to the fact that they can't just sit around doing nothing and collect million dollar paychecks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really some shady from Klutch and Simmons, tbh.

They know there is no way you can quantify "mental health issues" which was their last ditch effort...and now they are claiming that by "forcing" Simmons to be treated for the mental health issues that he claims to be having, the Sixers are making his mental health worse.

I'm sorry, dude just seems like a big ing baby to me, and doesn't want to be held accountable for failing to live up to his contract. It's a disgrace to the millions of people in this world who are legitimately suffering from mental health issues that aren't related to the fact that they can't just sit around doing nothing and collect million dollar paychecks.
    Oh I don't disagree. I'm just saying Philly wasting a year of Embiids prime to stick it to Simmons is dumb. Nothing they have done has increased his value, its only plummeted. And dragging it out isn't going to make it better. I have no idea why Morey thinks he's going to trade a diva with a massive contract whose value is at an all time low for a better player in return, it makes no sense and they just look stupider every day they don't deal him and move on. The circus has gotten really old at this point imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you just end up screwing over those players who are actually playing and trying to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They holding out for Lillard. It seems pretty obvious. Portland has had a slow start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They holding out for Lillard. It seems pretty obvious. Portland has had a slow start.
    Their president/CEO (McGowan) also resigned today, and and their GM (Olshey) is under investigation. The franchise as a whole is definitely in a spiral right now, which could be the last straw for Lillard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy just baited yall into another useless thread but what's sadder is actually discussing it lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hehe, that would've been funny

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's also terrible for the team's relationship with agents, which matters.
    Well maybe that would be a message for agents to advise their clients to not act like pieces of ?

Thread Information