Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine how good he's going to look after playing his first two seasons in Austin!
    About the same he looks now, probably just with some added muscle mass. But yeah, no way Pop plays him on the big squad this season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It also ties into their reasoning for continually drafting 6-4 to 6-6 players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok I got a little teary eyed when he mentioned his mom was born on the 12th and we drafted him as the 12th pick. The more I read and the more I watch tape of him the more I like this kid I can easily see how he started to move up in the draft and why teams and the Spurs liked him. He is definitely 100% Spurs material he has that Charisma that Keldon has I think those two will hit it off and the chemistry is going to be great on this team moving forward.

I also think drafting him shows we are clearly on the rebuild it’s going to be interesting in what we do in free agency. Hopefully we are able to work out a trade with Derozz where we get either a young player or a draft pick - He’ll I am OK with getting an old vet on a one year bad contract if it gets us a good draft pick.

One thing for sure is that Austin is going to be fun to go to watch our new draft picks from last year and this year play. Since we won’t be competing for a playoff I think will see a lot more of our draft picks get playing time then we have ever had. I think will finely get a good idea of what we have with our young core as Murray, White, Walker, Vassel, Luka, Tre, are all going to see major minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP, do you have any insight into how involved RC Buford was in this draft selection?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Max Feldman is gonna land himself a nice NBA job in a scouting dept.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Murray tweet reminded me of when Cousins had a negative public reaction to the drafting of Giorgios Papagiannis.

A gm who might have been in over his head reaches in the late lottery and takes an 18 year old 20+ spots ahead of public projection, and gets roasted by his star player.

Afterwards, his comments to the media play up how young the pick is and emphasizes that if the player had stayed another year, he would have been out of their reach the next year because they were so good and on that trajectory. The gm goes on to say that the player is or has the chance to be a future all-star.

Let's hope that Brian Wright knows what he's doing in the draft and in 5 years we aren't reminiscing about Joshuos Primogiannis.

On the bright side, the next 5 picks after Papagiannis were all scrubs or mediocre nobodies. If the next 5 picks after Primo end up the same, then no harm no foul

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Murray tweet reminded me of when Cousins had a negative public reaction to the drafting of Giorgios Papagiannis.

A gm who might have been in over his head reaches in the late lottery and takes an 18 year old 20+ spots ahead of public projection, and gets roasted by his star player.

Afterwards, his comments to the media play up how young the pick is and emphasizes that if the player had stayed another year, he would have been out of their reach the next year because they were so good and on that trajectory. The gm goes on to say that the player is or has the chance to be a future all-star.

Let's hope that Brian Wright knows what he's doing in the draft and in 5 years we aren't reminiscing about Joshuos Primogiannis.

On the bright side, the next 5 picks after Papagiannis were all scrubs or mediocre nobodies. If the next 5 picks after Primo end up the same, then no harm no foul

Moddy or sengun. Obviously i preferred sengun but apparently sa had lil interest. Is primo better then moody? Who knows but on the bright side ,if primo busts its bye bye Brian wrong

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a "girl we need to talk" face

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kid better turn into something special. That's all I'm going to say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not a fan dex?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. We left a lot of talent on the board.

If Sengun or Kai Jones or Jalen Johnson or any other number of players turn into a star, this pick is going to be a black mark on the organization.

I thought I was kidding when I said the Spurs were going to reach for another guard with the #12 pick...but this is our reality. We now have 7 guard projects....Murray, White, Walker, Johnson, Jones, Primo, Wieskamp.

Yes, some of them can theoretically slide into the SF spot...but how about drafting an actual ing small forward? Seemed to work pretty well when we picked up Kawhi.

Maybe they see something I don't...or maybe we just wasted a lottery pick on the next Cory Joseph.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep and if Segun or Kai turn into something special and this kid doesnt the spurs GM should lose his job..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. We left a lot of talent on the board.

If Sengun or Kai Jones or Jalen Johnson or any other number of players turn into a star, this pick is going to be a black mark on the organization.

I thought I was kidding when I said the Spurs were going to reach for another guard with the #12 pick...but this is our reality. We now have 7 guard projects....Murray, White, Walker, Johnson, Jones, Primo, Wieskamp.

Yes, some of them can theoretically slide into the SF spot...but how about drafting an actual ing small forward? Seemed to work pretty well when we picked up Kawhi.

Maybe they see something I don't...or maybe we just wasted a lottery pick on the next Cory Joseph.
    i just hope he goes the vassel route and plays during his rookie year. Highly doubtful knowing pop but id be ecstatic. Still praying he has some tony parker mojo as an unexpected pick who comes outta nowhere to make an impact

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i just hope he goes the vassel route and plays during his rookie year. Highly doubtful knowing pop but id be ecstatic. Still praying he has some tony parker mojo as an unexpected pick who comes outta nowhere to make an impact
    He's 18. He won't turn 19 until Christmas Eve. He only played 30 games for Alabama and averaged 8 points.

I probably have a better chance of playing with the Spurs next season than our #12 pick in the draft does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are way too attached to Kai and Sengun. Even Presti passed up on Sengun. Twice. That should tell you something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are way too attached to Kai and Sengun. Even Presti passed up on Sengun. Twice. That should tell you something.
    Time will tell.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm going on record now as saying that this pick was a mistake.

If Primo becomes our guard of the future, I'll gladly eat crow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I was just gonna say if presti traded him i shouldn't be too worried

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presti had picks ahead of and passed on these players:

Jimmy Butler, Khris Middleton, Giannis atentokunpo, Rudy Gobert, Nikola Jokic, Clint Capela, Draymond Green, Bogdan Bog, Bojan Bog, Derrick White, OG Anunoby, Keldon Johnson, Taj Gibson

Presti is pretty good and has earned his rep, but he's passed on hall of famers, all stars, and quality starters for worse players like everyone else and has his own failures

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People never should have been attached to Kai Jones. People claiming he has "unlimited potential." That his upside is Antetokuonmpo. That he's a unicorn.

These people are cracked in the head. His ceiling is remarkably low. He might catch some lobs and run full court for Charlotte and maybe block shots, but that's pretty much it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We now have 7 guard projects....Murray, White, Walker, Johnson, Jones, Primo, Wieskamp.

White was never a project, Jones isn't really either and Johnson and Wieskamp are SF's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presti had picks ahead of and passed on these players:

Jimmy Butler, Khris Middleton, Giannis atentokunpo, Rudy Gobert, Nikola Jokic, Clint Capela, Draymond Green, Bogdan Bog, Bojan Bog, Derrick White, OG Anunoby, Keldon Johnson, Taj Gibson

Presti is pretty good and has earned his rep, but he's passed on hall of famers, all stars, and quality starters for worse players like everyone else and has his own failures
    Let’s take a step back…

which player(s) are you upset about the Spurs not drafting?

if it’s one player, like say Sengun, what led you to the conclusion that he’s guaranteed to be something special? Is it your superior scouting skills? Or the consensus of mock drafts floating online? Next, you listed players that Presti had missed out on, so is it safe to say your scouting skills are perfect or the consensus of mock drafts have never been wrong?

just working out your logic here. There are two separate hot topics about the draft:

1) that there was definitely player or players that the Spurs missed the boat on
    2) they could have traded down (which has been disproven already by multiple reports)

we are arguing point 1. Just to be clear.

now, if we’re arguing playerS (plural), well it’s not a stretch that there could be ONE good player out of six players that could become good that the Spurs passed up on. You’re not actually making a hard prediction there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s take a step back…

which player(s) are you upset about the Spurs not drafting?

if it’s one player, like say Sengun, what led you to the conclusion that he’s guaranteed to be something special? Is it your superior scouting skills? Or the consensus of mock drafts floating online? Next, you listed players that Presti had missed out on, so is it safe to say your scouting skills are perfect or the consensus of mock drafts have never been wrong?

just working out your logic here. There are two separate hot topics about the draft:

1) that there was definitely player or players that the Spurs missed the boat on
    2) they could have traded down (which has been disproven already by multiple reports)

we are arguing point 1. Just to be clear.

now, if we’re arguing playerS (plural), well it’s not a stretch that there could be ONE good player out of six players that could become good that the Spurs passed up on. You’re not actually making a hard prediction there.
    you sure write long posts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you sure write long posts
    i love to breakdown the rationale that people have behind their strong feelings towards things

people misconstrue that as me being on a particular side on a subject matter, when it’s just me seeking understanding.

when someone learns something new (including myself), everybody wins.

when people admit they don’t know—that’s true wisdom.

Thread Information